2019-20 UEFA Europa League

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wolves/Sevilla/Roma in the semis is easy?
Good lord, some people post the same thing a hundred times a year.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
do you ever spend a day on this board not crying about United? It’s 75% of all of your posts.
Yes I do. I spend many days being positive about winning the Premier League too.

Where is the lie though? United haven’t played a team with a pulse since March, and they still don’t have one in site until maybe MW 38 against Leicester who are in atrocious form. I’m just highlighting the similarities between Utd’s recent Europa League runs. They are beating up bad teams (which is how Ferguson won leagues) so it’s bodes well for them.

I don’t know if you can win the PL anymore like Ferguson did (annihilating the bottom half and playing for tactical draws against the top half and try to get to 80 points first) but that’s going to be the route that they try next year. Also I’ve been relatively complimentary to Utd too. I’ve spoken very highly on Greenwood especially and I’ve said United don’t need to win Europa because they will be in Top 4 anyway.

There is nothing interesting going on with my team after winning the league and omitting themselves from the transfer market, so yeah I will call some other things like I see them. Not sure why you are so sensitive about it?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
But what does playing shit teams in the EPL have anything to do with Europa? I mean they most likely get Seville who are a powerhouse in the competition.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Everyone plays the same domestic schedule. They played the hardest part of their schedule without Bruno, Pogba or in many cases Rashford.

You’re constantly whining about schedules. Even carrying on about how City had an easy run in and Liverpool had to win early. It’s silly. City are in 3 comps now.

it’s constant crying in every thread. Liverpool can’t spend like everyone in the transfer thread. These teams got easy draws in every Europe thread. Everyone else got an easier fixture list than us in the PL thread.

you’d think you’re a fan of Burnley the way you carry on.

Reactions: Aladyyn and Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everyone plays the same domestic schedule. They played the hardest part of their schedule without Bruno, Pogba or in many cases Rashford.

You’re constantly whining about schedules. Even carrying on about how City had an easy run in and Liverpool had to win early. It’s silly. City are in 3 comps now.

it’s constant crying in every thread. Liverpool can’t spend like everyone in the transfer thread. These teams got easy draws in every Europe thread. Everyone else got an easier fixture list than us in the PL thread.

you’d think you’re a fan of Burnley the way you carry on.
Where is the lie?

City are in three comps because they have had easy draws and are the deepest team. Are you going to dispute that too?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yes I do. I spend many days being positive about winning the Premier League too.

Where is the lie though? United haven’t played a team with a pulse since March, and they still don’t have one in site until maybe MW 38 against Leicester who are in atrocious form. I’m just highlighting the similarities between Utd’s recent Europa League runs. They are beating up bad teams (which is how Ferguson won leagues) so it’s bodes well for them.

I don’t know if you can win the PL anymore like Ferguson did (annihilating the bottom half and playing for tactical draws against the top half and try to get to 80 points first) but that’s going to be the route that they try next year. Also I’ve been relatively complimentary to Utd too. I’ve spoken very highly on Greenwood especially and I’ve said United don’t need to win Europa because they will be in Top 4 anyway.

There is nothing interesting going on with my team after winning the league and omitting themselves from the transfer market, so yeah I will call some other things like I see them. Not sure why you are so sensitive about it?
But ignore the fact that before the pandemic that we played Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Wolves, Liverpool, and what would've been Tottenham in the span of 9 matchdays. Quite whining and worrying about us it's f***ing annoying that literally every post you make is about our schedule.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But ignore the fact that before the pandemic that we played Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Wolves, Liverpool, and what would've been Tottenham in the span of 9 matchdays. Quite whining and worrying about us it's f***ing sad.
Not ignoring it. Just don’t think that team wise pre pandemic is relevant to the team that Utd is rolling out now. Things can change quickly. I think the love fest for United post pandemic is a little much because y’all haven’t played anyone, and aren’t going to play anyone until August. That’s all.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not ignoring it. Just don’t think that team wise pre pandemic is relevant to the team that Utd is rolling out now. Things can change quickly. I think the love fest for United post pandemic is a little much because y’all haven’t played anyone, and aren’t going to play anyone until August. That’s all.
Ok cool that's a reasonable take, but you also have to realize these are also the teams we were struggling to beat for the last 3 years and now we actually are. So excuse us for being somewhat optimistic. But you don't have to spam "wHeN aRe ThEy GoInG tO PlAy SoMeOnE wItH a PuLsE" 4 times a day.

Reactions: Aladyyn and Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ok cool that's a reasonable take, but you also have to realize these are also the teams we were struggling to beat for the last 3 years and now we actually are. So excuse us for being somewhat optimistic. But you don't have to spam "wHeN aRe ThEy GoInG tO PlAy SoMeOnE wItH a PuLsE" 4 times a day.
And that’s reasonable too. Optimism is not a bad thing. Beating up the bad teams and setting a record for most penalties awarded in a season is probably bringing back flashbacks of the Ferguson days. Which is great. I obviously don’t like United but I honestly think the league is better when United is good; and it’s better for Liverpool because it hurts the London teams.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno, beating the teams you are supposed to beat is how teams win titles and trophies. It's not like United have been blown out in big games either. Most of their dropped points this season were against teams they were supposed to beat except Liverpool. Hell, they did the double over City. I can't stand United but they're the favourite left in the Europa League I don't see how they have some kind of cakewalk schedule or anything like that...they are the team to beat.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
La Liga is the channel that I don’t get. Watch Italy and a Germany though. I watched a lot of La Liga 2004-2009 though
Well then you probably shouldnt comment on a team you never watch. Seville is playing very well in the league and could win it. United might win as they are playing well themselves but it's not like their playing Norwich. Seville will be in the CL next year.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So is it a cakewalk purely because they avoided Inter and/or Leverkusen?

I mean out of probably the 5 other strongest teams left they're on the same side as three of them.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So is it a cakewalk purely because they avoided Inter and/or Leverkusen?

I mean out of probably the 5 other strongest teams left they're on the same side as three of them.

they coulda got Inter, Sevilla and Leverkusen in the same bracket and we’d be hearing how it’s not Barca, Juve and Bayern. And also how they get to finish the season playing an easier schedule and resting up

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I dunno, beating the teams you are supposed to beat is how teams win titles and trophies. It's not like United have been blown out in big games either. Most of their dropped points this season were against teams they were supposed to beat except Liverpool. Hell, they did the double over City. I can't stand United but they're the favourite left in the Europa League I don't see how they have some kind of cakewalk schedule or anything like that...they are the team to beat.

Even then, they were the only team to take points of Liverpool for the longest time.

They did the double over both City and Chelsea, were the only dropped points Liverpool had until the end of February when the title was all but clinched, beat Leicester in their only match thus far.

Of their 8 losses, 1 is to Liverpool and the next highest team in the table they've lost to is Arsenal in 8th. They've lost 1 game against the top 7 all season. Liverpool is the only team with a similar lack of losses.

But yea, definitely flat track bullies this year considering the only teams in the bottom half they actually took 6 points off of were Norwich and Brighton.

Granted I don't expect them to be able to keep that up next year, but the idea they are just trying to roll weak teams is hilarious.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It isn't an easy draw for United. It isn't like they had it back in 2017. A ridiculous statement that it is.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
More importantly who cares? Like why is this even a focus when your team has won the PL already likely by a record margin, just won the CL, etc. I don’t see a point in being concerned with United’s end of season schedule or path considering what we’ve seen this year. I mean, you do you but it’s a weird obsession to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad