2019-20 UEFA Europa League

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Who are the non-easy teams that that have already played in Europe?
You think a tie against Sevilla/Wolves be easy? Cause it wouldn't. LASK was leading the Austrian Bundesliga too before they got docked for cheating. It isn't an easy draw. You can keep complaining about it too, but Im done with this argument.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You think a tie against Sevilla/Wolves be easy? Cause it wouldn't. LASK was leading the Austrian Bundesliga too before they got docked for cheating. It isn't an easy draw. You can keep complaining about it too, but Im done with this argument.
Yeah I think I am done too. But invoking LASK....come on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Last time Liverpool was in Europa League they put a whopping 1-0 beating on Augsburg thanks to a penalty.

Humility (and memory) can be useful.
Oh, I’ve watched Liverpool through Hicks and Gillett and Roy Hodgson. I’ve seen my share. Just glad that they haven’t been in the Europa in a while; although my favorite LFC game ever was a Europa League game, that season!

Just a reminder, yes that Augsburg game was terrible but after that what happened.
  • Beat Man United (Only time they have ever played each other in European competition)
  • Beat Dortmund (the best team in the competition that year)
  • Beat Villarreal (qualifies for CL in Spain that season
  • Lost to Sevilla in the final (when Sevilla was winning Europa League almost every season. Thanks Alberto Moreno).
Liverpool had to go through a murderers row to get to that final, with a pretty bad team. It was a really underrated run and helped lay ground work for getting LFC back in the Champions League, and being very success in 2 legged toes. The only 2 legged tie that Klopp has lost at LFC was Atlético this year (thanks Adrian). It’s definitely nice to look back sometimes to know where you’ve been.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And yet you could have been out against Augsburg.
Years later, you still think beating the likes of Sevilla is a "walk in the park".

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And yet you could have been out against Augsburg.
Years later, you still think beating the likes of Sevilla is a "walk in the park".
They could have, but they didn’t. Like many other teams. This isn’t a unique thing.

this Sevilla team is not as good as the Sevilla Europa dynasties, but we will see?

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
They could have, but they didn’t. Like many other teams. This isn’t a unique thing.

this Sevilla team is not as good as the Sevilla Europa dynasties, but we will see?

How would you know? You already admitted you don't watch them.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How would you know? You already admitted you don't watch them.
They aren’t going for their third in a row. They aren’t a proven commodity that figured the tournament out. There a few players left and different management. It’s not the same team. The original point is that Sevilla is this great team because of their history in this competition. But it is not the same team. They are a good Liga team but haven’t proven they are at that level

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
They aren’t going for their third in a row. They aren’t a proven commodity that figured the tournament out. There a few players left and different management. It’s not the same team. The original point is that Sevilla is this great team because of their history in this competition. But it is not the same team. They are an upper middle class Liga team. They are not in that same level.

Sevilla didn't perform any better in La Liga when they were winning the EL than they are now. Here are Sevilla's La Liga positions during their Europa League three-peat:

5th with 63 points
5th with 76 points
7th with 52 points

They are currently tied for 3rd with 63 points. You're clueless.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sevilla didn't perform any better in La Liga when they were winning the EL than they are now. Here are Sevilla's La Liga positions during their Europa League three-peat:

5th with 63 points
5th with 76 points
7th with 52 points

They are currently tied for 3rd with 63 points. You're clueless.
I don’t think that’s relevant. Some teams are better in knockout competition. Sevilla knows they can’t win La Liga, and the Europa League was obviously their best route to the CL. They played extra in those games because they had to. I don’t think it’s that hard to figure out. Desperate team that knows how to win competition does it three years in a row. This Sevilla team does not have that pedigree. It doesn’t mean they are bad, but it answers the what makes the three peat Sevilla team better. They proved it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
But how does that make it a cake walk? Its not like theyre in regulation lol. Stop doubling down and just admit your said something incorrect. Its better to admit something you dont know rather than defend such an ridiculous statement. This sevilla didnt win 3 in a row but theyre still doing great in the league and have a shot at winning the title. Manu couldnt have gotten a stronger opponent in this tournament. Youre killing your credibility if you honestly feel this will be a “cakewalk” ... i mean whos better than sevilla in europa right now. Not many teams.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So how do I watch today’s United game (And future EL games) in the US? Do I have to get a separate service?

CBS took over CL and EL as of right now.

All the matches are on their app, CBS All Access. it's $5.99 a month but I believe it's free for August. I need to sign up today.

If you have cable it's also on the Univision family of networks as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Man Utd XI: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Bailly, Maguire, Williams, Mata, McTominay, Fred, Lingard, James, Ighalo

Bench: Grant, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Pereira, Bruno Fernandes, Greenwood, Wan-Bissaka, Matic, Garner, Chong, Mengi

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Cucerella is fun to watch. I dont know if he can play for the big boys but he certainly drives this offence. While Firpo steals money from barca this buy was sold for peanuts. Dame shame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad