2019-20 UEFA Europa League

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

So, what now...

CLEARLY they need to play even if they will all get the virus and bring it back to their older family members and kill them. If it only kills three of their mothers or grandmothers it was worth it for humankind.

These games being played at all is absolute insanity. Yes, I like to be entertained, but this couldn't be more ridiculous. Traveling there? Crazy shit IMO.

I also don't understand why people compare this to the flu when we have years upon years of knowledge of how to treat the flu.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
CLEARLY they need to play even if they will all get the virus and bring it back to their older family members and kill them.

These games being played at all is absolute insanity.
Yeah, agreed in order not to act like an authoritative government the games should go on... regardless of if the players, coaches, staff and stadium workers want it to. Just send them a warning about the dangers of the virus.

Reactions: Live in the Now

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, agreed in order not to act like an authoritative government the games should go on... regardless of if the players, coaches, staff and stadium workers want it to. Just send them a warning about the dangers of the virus.

To be honest they should also force them to get on a plane at gunpoint just so we don't have an overreaction about this virus. Things shouldn't be disrupted like this just because we're all spoiled and never had to live in any other century where this shit happened all the time. Also the sociopaths who have never had to take care of anyone in their life don't deserve to have their days ruined like this over some people who only have 10-40 more years to live anyway.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The irony is Olympiakos' owner, who also owns Nottingham Forest, has tested positive for it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's strange (and cool) to hear all of the audio from the pitch.

The players communicating back and forth was expected, but I didn't really expect to hear the kicks on the ball cannon so loud.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not sure why there's still fans at the Rangers match. Do they think the high alcohol content of their blood will make them immune?

Because the UK as a whole and the people who run the clubs are handling this like complete dumbasses. I couldn’t believe anyone would let Anfield be full yesterday.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I am four months too late, but finally sat down and watched...well, more like I fastforward the game against Olympiacos. That has to be one of the most disgusting losses I've ever been a part of. It's not that Arsenal played bad per se, but those goals conceded were some of the worst I've ever seen. Just really poor tactics by everyone for the set pieces and that second goal for Olympiacos should've become a meme in how Arsenal honestly beat themselves. POS Xhaka with the slowest back pass considering how much under-pressure he was from Olympiacos players, then Leno putting himself in no man's land just kicking the ball out of play. It most definitely looked like it went off the Olympiacos player, so you can factor in shoddy refs as well. But the whole goal happened because Xhaka is a worthless piece of rubbish that puts his teammates in bad situations. Then Auba has a golden chance to win the game, no excuse in that miss at all. I'm sorry because I don't want to be too harsh as we would never be this good without him, but for a WC player that is as easy of a goal you can possibly get.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Quarterfinals
Wolfsburg/Shakhtar Donetsk (1-2) vs. Eintracht Frankfurt/FC Basel (0-3)
LASK Linz/Manchester United (0-5) vs. Istanbul Basaksehir/FC Copenhagen (1-0)
Inter Milan/Getafe vs. Rangers/Bayer Leverkusen (1-3)
Olympiakos/Wolves (1-1) vs. Sevilla/Roma

Semifinals
Winner 4 vs. Winner 2
Winner 3 vs. Winner 1

The matches will all be played in Germany: Koln, Gelsenkirchen, Duisburg and Dusseldorf with the possibility of games being played with limited fan entry; final will be played in Koln. United got a straight forward draw to the semis but they probably got the toughest draw in the semis; the Italian teams enter this competition on not the best of form (though things can change by August) as well as Getafe who eliminated Ajax earlier this year. German clubs will be without action for about a month but will play essentially 'home' matches; though Wolfsburg and Frankfurt have a lot of work to do to get to the quarters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
United actually might have an easier cakewalk to the final than the last time they won it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad