GDT: 2019-20 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
MTL retained 50% too so Kovy is playing almost for free on the season for Washington.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah wow I’m not saying skill wise he puts the caps over the top but I can really see him being handed the cup by ovie first

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Have people really not figured out by now that we were better off without Kovy? We were never going to win again with that core but he also would have delayed the rebuild by winning more in Lou's final years.

Former Thrashers that aren't that good anymore getting some serious play tonight! We looking for that ring.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Have people really not figured out by now that we were better off without Kovy? We were never going to win again with that core but he also would have delayed the rebuild by winning more in Lou's final years.

Former Thrashers that aren't that good anymore getting some serious play tonight! We looking for that ring.

You never know what could've happened. Kovy and prime Schneider were still a dangerous combo. Greene and Larsson were shutdown D.

Anyways it is what it is. The contract would have hurt us down the road regardless.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
in retrospect yes we are much better off without kovy, but he didn’t “retire” to help the devils... he screwed us
I would still bet that Lou and Kovy had that agreement all along. The timing of his departure was perfect in terms of the cap penalty. It helped both parties.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Translation; there are 3 teams happy to pay this guy to play for a competitor.
The Devils and LA aren’t paying Kovy, both those contracts were terminated. Both teams have cap hits, our 250k recapture penalty lasts for 5 more seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad