GDT: 2019-20 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Vatanen is the only guy I really care about getting moved. I don’t want him resigned and he should get a decent return. Simmonds I’d like moved and definitely don’t want him back, but we aren’t getting anything significant for him. And I’d rather just keep Palmieri.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
simmonds and vatanen should get moved, if they’re still here tomorrow night it will be disappointing. there are too many teams in contention that should be looking to boost their roster especially with injuries. it shouldn’t be this quiet tomorrow

It's safe to say the Vatanen trade is reliant on his health. Unfortunately, the timing of his injury may have negatively affected the possible return on him. Simmonds is a safe bet to be moved -- Fitzgerald probably already has a mid-round pick type of offer on him, but is just hoping some team will come in and out-bid that before the deadline buzzer sounds.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Vatanen is the only guy I really care about getting moved. I don’t want him resigned and he should get a decent return. Simmonds I’d like moved and definitely don’t want him back, but we aren’t getting anything significant for him. And I’d rather just keep Palmieri.

Honestly I am not even sure that he's getting a decent return at this point. That injury was just crap timing.

I wouldn't mind Simmonds back on a 1 year deal next year to play 4th line in place of someone like Hayden. He's a really good locker room guy. 1 year, 1.5M I have no problem with to be a 4th line guy.

Reactions: Taylors lost step

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Someone might know this answer

say if Arizona decides to trade hall, can they retain salary I.E. 50 percent, cutting hall’s cap to 1.5? Or can salary only be retained once per contract

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Honestly I am not even sure that he's getting a decent return at this point. That injury was just crap timing.

I wouldn't mind Simmonds back on a 1 year deal next year to play 4th line in place of someone like Hayden. He's a really good locker room guy. 1 year, 1.5M I have no problem with to be a 4th line guy.
I’d consider a 2nd+ a good return. You can add a roster player or move up in the draft with extra picks. We need every chip we can get.

Reactions: Taylors lost step

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

say if Arizona decides to trade hall, can they retain salary I.E. 50 percent, cutting hall’s cap to 1.5? Or can salary only be retained once per contract

Nope they cannot retain, 50% is the maximum.

I believe if we had only retained 25% then Arizona could have retained 25% themselves, but 50% is the total limit of retention allowed on the contract.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I believe that they can retain, though someone can feel free to correct me.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I believe if we had only retained 25% then Arizona could have retained 25% themselves, but 50% is the total limit of retention allowed on the contract.

I thought a team max was 50% retention? I didn't know it was 50% total on the contract.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

Timing is unfortunate. Hopefully we can get an okay addition to a 2nd for Vatenen.

Seems like there is some interest in Simmonds. I could see us getting a 3rd for him

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I believe you are correct now that I'm looking into. I Think it's capped by the percentage in this instance since we took on the full max of 50%. You can have two teams retain on a single contract, but it looks like the combined total from what I am seeing on puckpedia is still 50%

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I believe you are correct now that I'm looking into. I Think it's capped by the percentage in this instance since we took on the full max of 50%. You can have two teams retain on a single contract, but it looks like the combined total from what I am seeing on puckpedia is still 50%

That's how i've always understood it, theoretically you could have five different teams each retain 10% if the player got traded that many times, but whoever ends up with the player last still has to be paying at least 50% of the contract while he's on their books.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I hope actually we keep Palms and Vats, but I know the chances are low for both.

I am guessing I am in the minority on Vats staying, but players like him don't necessarily grow on trees very often....and I feel he is core enough to want to keep him here.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I hope actually we keep Palms and Vats, but I know the chances are low for both.

I am guessing I am in the minority on Vats staying, but players like him don't necessarily grow on trees very often....and I feel he is core enough to want to keep him here.
I love Vats. But unfortunately his durability is in question. He can still try to sign here after the season if he wants. I’m sure Fitz would offer him something reasonable if both parties want to make it happen. But he 100% has to be moved for asset(s).

Reactions: Whaddagoal

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
upload_2020-2-23_20-12-18.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad