GDT: 2019-20 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Post this here as well then given the new thread.

I know some people don't like this account, though it does seem to have some Boston connections.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Per @Taylors lost step's request, since it's honestly a smart idea. Keeps everything organized.

It does but we’re still like two-three days away from the finish line and stuff is going to get posted on multiple threads unless we lock one or two or just start moving posts. I thought of just not having the team thread but there’s certainly non trade deadline stuff that can go there. Maybe we’ll just use this over the ATL thread for the time being, probably won’t be too much non trade or scoreboard stuff going there the next few days.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Have to imagine Boston is out on Palmieri with the package they just shipped to the Ducks.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I think the market for RW’ers is pretty thin and if we can maximize the return for Palmieri, I’d be all for it.

The team I’d like to see acquire Palmieri is Edmonton. They’re pick can be really interesting and they do have some interesting prospects.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
is he reputable?

I've only followed him the past few days, so can't speak to longer history but he seems to have some insight and is a columnist for a Boston website, so should have more reliable information on the Bruins.

He's also followed by LeBrun, MacKenzie, Dreger, Scott Wheeler and other notable NHL guys.

Some posters on this site though believe he's completely full of BS, so there's that also.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Edmonton is also where I’d like to see Palms go. Holland wants a finisher for McDavid, and I think there would be none better than Palms. Palms scored a ton going up ice on rushes with Hall, so think he could be perfect for McDavid as a right handed shot. Would also make Edmonton’s top-six very formidable once McDavid and Neal/Kassian are back;

Kassian/Neal-McDavid-Palms
RNH-Draisatl-Yamomoto

Additionally, while I wish nothing but the best for Palms, Edmonton is also on the playoff bubble. To obtain another first that has a top-15/20 slot in the draft would be epic.

Im also intrigued by Pulujarvi, since were going to need a RW who can replace Palms. That’s probably a bit of a pipe dream though.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Have to imagine Boston is out on Palmieri with the package they just shipped to the Ducks.

Agreed. I don't know how they afford him. The top of their prospect pool kind of sucks, and now there's no first round pick. It just doesn't work unless I am *way* off about the number of teams in on Palms and the expected return.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I've only followed him the past few days, so can't speak to longer history but he seems to have some insight and is a columnist for a Boston website, so should have more reliable information on the Bruins.

He's also followed by LeBrun, MacKenzie, Dreger, Scott Wheeler and other notable NHL guys.

Some posters on this site though believe he's completely full of BS, so there's that also.

Fwiw, Pagnotta (sp?) has linked us to Heinen previously.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Not really. The pipe dream would be Puljujarvi actually replacing Palmieri's production in any capacity, not whether he'd be included in the package or not.

Agreed. Puljujarvi doesn’t have Palms motor. I’m just saying need a RW who can fill the void, as a high upside flyer.

Puljujarvi will want a destination where he will have a chance to play too.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

That would be a horrendous return unless we also got a top prospect. Luckily that guy is a fraud.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
That would be a horrendous return unless we also got a top prospect. Luckily that guy is a fraud.

In no way does that tweet link Heinen and Moore as the return for Palmieri.

It speculates that they could bring in another winger and that Heinen and potentially Moore could be on their way out (which could happen in separate deals to clear cap space).

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

It speculates that they could bring in another winger and that Heinen and potentially Moore could be on their way out (which could happen in separate deals to clear cap space).
Meh. He’s just making stuff up anyway.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

If we're going to swallow that Moore contract I want a haul. Moore is a terrible defenseman and he's making almost $3 million a year for the next 3 years after this one. That's worth at least a first round pick. Maybe I do it for a 2nd round pick if they retain half of it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
They want to dump Moore, he’s not a trade chip with value like Heinen is (even though they kind of want to dump Heinen as well).

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Apparently boston retained on Backes as well. I think that the Ducks did fairly well on that trade depending on how you feel about Axel Andersson.

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If we're going to swallow that Moore contract I want a haul. Moore is a terrible defenseman and he's making almost $3 million a year for the next 3 years after this one. That's worth at least a first round pick. Maybe I do it for a 2nd round pick if they retain half of it.
He'd be our third best lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad