GDT: 2019-20 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
perfect would have been before free agency or the draft. i’m sure ownership had something to do with it but the whole thing sucked, and we have been more or less terrible ever since

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
i fully expect minor league trade deals, maybe bing pushes for playoffs

I kind of hope we do this. That's why I want to grab timashov off waivers as well. We can send Anderson back down, let him play with the b devils for that playoff push

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
perfect would have been before free agency or the draft. i’m sure ownership had something to do with it but the whole thing sucked, and we have been more or less terrible ever since

I won't be convinced that the Devils did not know about this when they were conducting free agency.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I kind of hope we do this. That's why I want to grab timashov off waivers as well. We can send Anderson back down, let him play with the b devils for that playoff push
Taking a shot on Timashov makes too much sense. One would think that we'd pull that trigger. What would it hurt?

Reactions: Forge

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I’d love an insider account or in-depth article about Kovy and NJ. I never understood why the NHL punched the team in the balls so hard over his contract, especially considering Lou’s stature in the league. A $3m fine is bonkers and the lost picks obviously sucked.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Calgary definitely should go for it now that they’ve retaken the first WC spot after a statement win over the Detroit Red Wings.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Based on the injury/market, I’d be surprised if Vatanen’s return wasn’t underwhelming tomorrow.

I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised, there’s not a lot of good RHD available and multiple teams coveting them (Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Carolina, Vegas for sure; Winnipeg, Pittsburgh & Dallas potentially too).

I think someone will pony up for Vatanen, especially since we’ve been transparent about his injury situation, he’ll be back long before the playoffs.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised, there’s not a lot of good RHD available and multiple teams coveting them (Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Carolina, Vegas for sure; Winnipeg, Pittsburgh & Dallas potentially too).

I think someone will pony up for Vatanen, especially since we’ve been transparent about his injury situation, he’ll be back long before the playoffs.
My friend who went to Palms military thing last night talked to Vats and Vats said he feels good and will be back ‘soon’.

Take that for what it’s worth.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Vats is all about expectation. 2+prospect as what I have expected just about the entire time. Given the injury, maybe it's a second+ conditional or just a second.

If it's less than that, I'll be disappointed, but not much you can do

Reactions: Guttersniped

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Florida shouldn’t be buying, but then neither should Toronto. I’ll be happy to screw them up long term though.

Yeah, I don't think half these teams should be buying. Carolina shouldn't. They aren't there yet. Edmonton either. Etc etc. But that's just good for us lol

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You can’t underestimate the excitement and money that making the playoffs brings, plus not making them after big off-season can get people fired.

I feel like the Canes would like the excitement and money while Tallon would like those and also might be concerned about his job security.

Carolina has their picks plus an extra in the first three rounds. They could save them for a hockey trade before the draft, but maybe the grab something now. The Canes drafted 12 guys last year, they can afford to move some picks other than the 1sts.

I never understand why the Panthers do the things they do, I’m not going to try to figure them out now. It would be complete lunacy for Calgary to trade their 1st but I bet they make some small improvement or move Brodie. It would be weird to keep him and do nothing. Edmonton might make a move to toss their two stars a bone for their superhuman performances.

Dubas is in a pressure cooker filled with boiling hysteria, I wouldn’t be surprised by anything he does tomorrow even if it includes running around downtown Toronto naked waving Ayres’ emergency jersey.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Would love to see our division spend and spend.

I really do think there’s a good chance of almost all of the division having to regroup while we start doing damage. Hope Fitz or whoever doesn’t f*** this up.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Would love to see our division spend and spend.

I really do think there’s a good chance of almost all of the division having to regroup while we start doing damage. Hope Fitz or whoever doesn’t f*ck this up.
I have no idea what some of the Metro teams will do. The Flyers and Isles may be intimidated by the powerhouse Eastern teams and they have some excellent young players but they aren’t young rebuilding teams. I can’t even tell what the best direction for them is, they both have a some key guys who are going to start aging less gracefully soon. Maybe they just wait out a season or two hoping other teams slip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oneiro

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Now that Vatanen hasn't made it back before the deadline, a small part of me wonders if they might just try to re-sign him assuming the offers are underwhelming. They might be scared of having so many holes to fill in D next year.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah, I don't think half these teams should be buying. Carolina shouldn't. They aren't there yet. Edmonton either. Etc etc. But that's just good for us lol

lol by that logic then they should just make the playoffs 8 teams not 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad