Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 Senators Assistant Captains: Borowiecki, Hainsey, Pageau

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
Melnyk is probably just scared that giving Chabot the 'A' would let him ask for more money. Hence Boro.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Hypothetically, if Boro was a free agent would anyone put him in their lineup?

I can't see it. Maybe as a 7th d man to add some toughness and play a few dozen games. Cannot see another team in the league dressing him as an everyday defenceman.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hypothetically, if Boro was a free agent would anyone put him in their lineup?

As a 7th D he isn't that bad. It seems a bit ridiculous to claim that we are the only team that would play him at all.

No one would play him more than we would, that is for certain.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'll echo DMST's thoughts. I'm just kind of tired of this guy being rolled out here as an advocate. Let's turn the page on this guy with the rebuild and get the stars front and center like the fans want.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'll echo DMST's thoughts. I'm just kind of tired of this guy being rolled out here as an advocate. Let's turn the page on this guy with the rebuild and get the stars front and center like the fans want.

patience. this kind of change takes time
namvar20101228154345373.jpeg

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
1) You don’t chose leadership based on talent alone, it’s not for the fans.

2) That’s three NHL coaches now who have decided to play Borowiecki, I wonder if fans at home might be missing something...

3) Fans should stick to what they do best; cheer and hand over their money to support their hockey heroes.... lol!

Maybe a team that finished in last place is filled with bad players... and maybe Borowiecki is one of those bad players...

Unless I’m mistaken and the Senators made the playoffs last season. In that case, give Boro an even bigger role!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
1) You don’t chose leadership based on talent alone, it’s not for the fans.

2) That’s three NHL coaches now who have decided to play Borowiecki, I wonder if fans at home might be missing something...

3) Fans should stick to what they do best; cheer and hand over their money to support their hockey heroes.... lol!
I feel that's an oversimplification, but your opinion is your right and I'll take your patronizing with a side of condescension please.
patience. this kind of change takes time
namvar20101228154345373.jpeg
Right, more patience required. I'm running thin, any tips?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Well, it certainly is popular to dump on the role players when team is performing badly these last few years. It’s definitely a new thing that the Stars can do no wrong, but Boro, BORO!!

Yes, we should talk about our bottom pairing D and our miserable season together in the same sentence as though they are related in some important way.

Sarcasm aside he’s been a leader at every level he’s played at, the players clearly love the guy and appreciate him, so when choosing a leader to wear a letter for the team, they probably went ahead and chose some guys that the room would appreciate.

He doesn’t have a ton of skill as a player, but he does have other attributes that the team must find important. This is obvious given the disconnect between how the players and staff view the guy compared to fans in here.

Hating players is strange, especially a guy who tries as hard, and sacrifices himself as much as Boro does.

I don’t think Boro. He’s a great AHLer. Bet he’d be an awesome CrossFit coach too.

And I’ll give management and coaches benefit of the doubt that they know what they’re doing once the team isn’t in last.

Until then, I’ll dump on them.

Reactions: Rand0m

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I feel that's an oversimplification, but your opinion is your right and I'll take your patronizing with a side of condescension please.

Right, more patience required. I'm running thin, any tips?

I knew Smith would love Boro.. He is that almost made it tough guy D man.. Boro is what he wanted to be. Old school guys love Boro's never say die , give it all, determination .. they admire that he plays in the NHL with so little hockey ability going for them but tons of grit. Boro is one of those good in the room types.

I agree his role should have been reduced this year and it may still be. Its too bad Wolanin got hurt .. he could have been the one to push him down.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I knew Smith would love Boro.. He is that almost made it tough guy D man.. Boro is what he wanted to be. Old school guys love Boro's never say die , give it all, determination .. they admire that he plays in the NHL with so little hockey ability going for them but tons of grit. Boro is one of those good in the room types.

I agree his role should have been reduced this year and it may still be. Its too bad Wolanin got hurt .. he could have been the one to push him down.
Ya DJ definitely seems cut from that mold as well, so it was a safe assumption he'd be a fan of Boro.

I'm not here to just pile on him. I don't even really care if he's in the lineup this year from an on ice standpoint since it's a tank year. I just genuinely as an Ottawa Senators fan don't care about him, don't care what he has to say, and would prefer to hear from the players that can go out there and make a difference on the ice, or the players that will do that in the future. I don't really wanna hear from Mikkel Boedker or Artem Anisimov either, it just is what it is for nobody role players in pro sports.

My honest opinion is that this team is trying to sell themselves to this fan base all over again, and it would be beneficial to them to stop going to the well with Boro as a face of the franchise. It's their team and they can do as they please, but my opinion is that Boro has been completely miscast him as if he's endearing to fans. I think they're misguided and the "connection" is not there in the way they seem to think.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's easy to slam the choices made to the "A"s this season ......... would anyone be able to suggest who should have given an "A"?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
It's easy to slam the choices made to the "A"s this season ......... would anyone be able to suggest who should have given an "A"?

Thomas Chabot, the best player on the team who will be the on ice leader in every real game situation, while Boro and Hainsey sit on the bench.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Thomas Chabot, the best player on the team who will be the on ice leader in every real game situation, while Boro and Hainsey sit on the bench.

Why give an "A" to a player, still on his ELC, and most people (not me) in these forums think will be gone by this time next year, via an offer sheet?

Let the veterans have the "A", and let them answer all the press's questions after games, which most will be losses ........ and let Chabot develop, sign his extension next summer and then give him some consideration for an "A" or perhaps a "C" after he's here for the long haul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad