Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 Senators Assistant Captains: Borowiecki, Hainsey, Pageau

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hainsey will probably not finish the year here so yeah if I was Bobby Ryan I would just give up on this team so insulting.

Sure he has confidence issues but if you've delt him in real life and other sens players, and management and other millionaires in the city you'd understand he's like one of best guys ever and yeah he's legit.

He deserves it.
Yah but we just acquired Smith and Hainsey from the Leafs and they are really good. I am not a huge Ryan fan but I would have no issues giving him the A either. And if I was him I would feel snubbed. Happy Bobby plays much better than Maligned Bobby. All those vets are asked to take the young guys under their wing so to speak.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Yah but we just acquired Smith and Hainsey from the Leafs and they are really good. I am not a huge Ryan fan but I would have no issues giving him the A either. And if I was him I would feel snubbed. Happy Bobby plays much better than Maligned Bobby. All those vets are asked to take the young guys under their wing so to speak.

I really am a ryan fanboy xD but idk if not ryan not the guy who has never played a game for us before xD

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Sure, why not? Chris Neil had an 'A' in 2017 even though he was a healthy scratch much of the season. He got his 'A' back as soon as he came back for those 2 games in that Rangers series.

This is a perfect way to rotate that 'A' around as a trial for the kids.

That was a different situation. Neil was given the A in 2013 after 11 seasons with the Senators, where he was part of some of the biggest moments in franchise history.

Borowiecki is not nearly as established, nor has he been close to as influential on this franchise.

I hope you’re right, but it sounds like we’re in for a season of Hainsey, Borowiecki and Zaitsev playing “big roles”. Which is more reason not to tune in.

Reactions: Rand0m

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Reasons to not tune in?

Are there people in here looking for reasons to not tune in?

Is one of our recent acquisitions considered a reason to not tune in now, before he’s played a single game for us?

Looks like excitement isn’t the only thing rounding into form as camp starts!

The coach explained the decision clearly, it’s for the betterment of the kids. Case closed.

I’m really not looking forward to yet another season of Sens fans hating on Sens players again in here.

Reactions: InTkachukWeTrust

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Reasons to not tune in?

Are there people in here looking for reasons to not tune in?

Is one of our recent acquisitions considered a reason to not tune in now, before he’s played a single game for us?

Looks like excitement isn’t the only thing rounding into form as camp starts!

The coach explained the decision clearly, it’s for the betterment of the kids. Case closed.

I’m really not looking forward to yet another season of Sens fans hating on Sens players again in here.

If the Sens stopped putting bad players on the ice (while declaring them leaders) and asking fans to pay to watch them play, Sens fans would stop hating on them.

Any fan who watched hockey over the last 2 years knows what Borowiecki, Hainsey and Zaitsev are. And it’s not good.

If Borowiecki is in the lineup over Brannstrom, for example, then yes, that’s a reason not to tune in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Upgrayedd and CNote

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If the Sens stopped putting bad players on the ice (while declaring them leaders) and asking fans to pay to watch them play, Sens fans would stop hating on them.

Any fan who watched hockey over the last 2 years knows what Borowiecki, Hainsey and Zaitsev are. And it’s not good.

If Borowiecki is in the lineup over Brannstrom, for example, then yes, that’s a reason not to tune in.

And yet many in here also want Brannstrom to spend some if not most of the year in Belleville.

You can’t have all of the youth up and all of the youth down at the same time. We need player to fill roles on the NHL squad, all while not affecting the tank. Leadership, effort, and insulation are the exact roles we want our vets to play this season.

You can’t have the youth insulated and give them all letters at the same time. They deserve a chance to just play and develop their games as well as their leadership. We don’t want to end up like Edmonton. That is the clear goal as laid out by the coach.

Anyways, it doesn’t matter anyways, you’re looking like you’re all ready to go for the season.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Hainsey will probably not finish the year here so yeah if I was Bobby Ryan I would just give up on this team so insulting.

Sure he has confidence issues but if you've delt him in real life and other sens players, and management and other millionaires in the city you'd understand he's like one of best guys ever and yeah he's legit.

He deserves it.
Ryan deserves nada. Hainsey is a much much better choice wearing a letter than Bobby who is probably once of the most laziest players on the team.

The Sens got it right by not giving it to Ryan.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I just realized our entire group of A's are ufa and could be gone before the season is even over, or at least I hope that's the route taken. Crazy.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The board is kinda funny. This year is being viewed as a big tank year for obvious reasons. There's also the perception that poor Boro is about our 10th best D. Another perception that the young D need more seasoning. So here we've got Boro getting an A which signals he'll be dressing regularly which A. According to perception helps the tank and B. Allows the young D to season....two good things but the decision to give him the A is panned :huh:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The board is kinda funny. This year is being viewed as a big tank year for obvious reasons. There's also the perception that poor Boro is about our 10th best D. Another perception that the young D need more seasoning. So here we've got Boro getting an A which signals he'll be dressing regularly which A. According to perception helps the tank and B. Allows the young D to season....two good things but the decision to give him the A is panned :huh:

A. We don't need help to tank, our roster will take care of that on it's own, and I think most fully expected Boro to play 60+ games regardless of whether he got a letter or not.
B. People want the young D to get meaningful mins so they can develop, Boro being in the lineup instead of the healthy scratch potentially means a player like Jaros, Lajoie or Brannstrom is in the pressbox.

Personally, I don't really have an issue with Boro getting an A, he's had it for games before, he's known to be a good locker room guy, comfortable in front of the media, and frankly I think who has a letter isn't all that important. I do however think that having some continuity going forward with our leadership group is important so having all three assistants being UFA is troubling to me. We are however in a tough situation as the heir apparent to leadership roles are still pretty green (Tkachuk, White, Chabot) and good transitional options were sparse.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Boro getting an A.

Somewhere out there aragorn is smiling from ear to ear

All three players named to wear the A this season are all pending UFAs.

This will raise their profile around the league, and my attract them some more attention come the TDL, so not a bad move if the intention is to move a couple of these guys in February, to make room for some players having good seasons in Belleville.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Be careful when speaking about supporting the tank, that will net you a deletion or a ban around here these days.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hey I hate Boro like the rest of us, but clearly hes here to stay. Yes hes a 7th d man but if you've ever been a part of a hockey locker room the A's and C dont just go to the "best players" or the "future".

We as fans can't see or hear what goes on in the room, so in all likelyhood Boro is deserving.

Lets just hope hes gone next year and not wearing the "C".

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Ryan deserves nada. Hainsey is a much much better choice wearing a letter than Bobby who is probably once of the most laziest players on the team.

The Sens got it right by not giving it to Ryan.

I can't down vote xD but I disagree.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

The team will finish at the bottom of the standings no matter who gets an A. The problem isn't Boro as much as it is this franchise's aversion to skill and doubling down on intangibles.

I'm sure most posters here realize Boro isn't entirely useless. Thing is, he is emblematic of what has gone wrong with the Ottawa Senators: a focus on skillsets that don't cost money. Having Boro around is useful when your team is awful, very young and you need a professional who puts in the work and asks "how high?" When told to jump. Even better that he costs next to nothing cause all the stuff you like about him doesn't cost a penny.

So Boro is a symbol for everything that has gone wrong for this franchise. People are sick and tired of marginal players getting treated like stars when we can't seem to keep our real star players. Boro is a fringe NHL player, he isn't the reason we win or lose games (although I'm sure quite a few GWG have been scored against us when he was on the ice) and yet the team parades him endlessly. It is very frustrating.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

The issue for me is that it's becoming more and more apparent that coaching and management views Boro as a legitimate NHL player. I can legitimately see him continuing to take a spot in three years when the team is improved. Right now, on the surface, him playing isn't the biggest issue the team has, but it's simply the fact that he's taking a spot because the powers that be sincerely believe he has earned it.

Reactions: otown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->