2019/20 Roster Thread XXXII (3/5: Farabee Recalled From LHV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Provy is not 1 of our 2 best PP dmen though. Hes just had a really lucky shooting season on the PP. He still takes too long to move the puck, is not deceptive enough, and struggles with keep ins.

I wouldnt mind if he was on PP2 though. That would cut his minutes and get Ghost back on PP1 and feeling like an important member of the team again. Hes gotten a really raw deal this year.
I’m not 100% sure who @Person101 was referring to but I’m 99% sure @DancingPanther believes he was referring to Sanheim, which is who he was referring to with the “one of our two best PP Dmen” comment.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Friedman is a RH D-man, with Braun back, obviously AV feels more comfortable with a LH next to him, and Hagg-Braun were on a good run.
Friedman showed some good things but also got manhandled in front of the net, tradeoffs.
He'll be back next year, but I wonder if they'll be comfortable with Ghost - Friedman as a pair.

If size doesn't matter, how come TB has one of the biggest set of defensemen in the NHL?
My suspicion is that Cooper wants to outskate and out-quick you in two zones, and physically control his D-zone where forward speed has less value.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If size doesn't matter, how come TB has one of the biggest set of defensemen in the NHL?
My suspicion is that Cooper wants to outskate and out-quick you in two zones, and physically control his D-zone where forward speed has less value.

If you watched what happened to Tampa against Columbus and how they approached some changes this year, I think the biggest thing they learned to lean on harder was that you absolutely need Defensemen who can generate Zone Exits. Size is great to have, but that's the key. They now have 4 guys who are excellent at them.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Friedman is a RH D-man, with Braun back, obviously AV feels more comfortable with a LH next to him, and Hagg-Braun were on a good run.
Friedman showed some good things but also got manhandled in front of the net, tradeoffs.
He'll be back next year, but I wonder if they'll be comfortable with Ghost - Friedman as a pair.

Handedness is overrated, and if AV is stubborn enough to make the roster worse so he can satisfy a bizarre need to have players of particular handedness in particular spots where it doesn't make any substantial difference then we have a coaching problem.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Handedness is overrated, and if AV is stubborn enough to make the roster worse so he can satisfy a bizarre need to have players of particular handedness in particular spots where it doesn't make any substantial difference then we have a coaching problem.

I'll live with a coaching problem that has a team playing at a 100+ pace with subpar goaltending (Hart and Elliott are ranked about 40th or so among 50 goalies with 1000+ minutes).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'll live with a coaching problem that has a team playing at a 100+ pace with subpar goaltending (Hart and Elliott are ranked about 40th or so among 50 goalies with 1000+ minutes).

For sure it's an upgrade, but if the goal is to win a Cup then arbitrary stubbornness is a hindrance in the playoffs, not an asset.

Of course, it probably doesn't matter because the Flyers will never win a Cup. It is this team's eternal destiny to serve as a target for all dynasties. It is inescapable.

Reactions: Asnito

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
I’m not 100% sure who @Person101 was referring to but I’m 99% sure @DancingPanther believes he was referring to Sanheim, which is who he was referring to with the “one of our two best PP Dmen” comment.
Oops. I was referring to resting Provy for the PP and playing Ghost PP1 with Sanheim being PP2. Which is ideal to me. Like I said though, I doubt it ever happens.

Reactions: Striiker

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If you watched what happened to Tampa against Columbus and how they approached some changes this year, I think the biggest thing they learned to lean on harder was that you absolutely need Defensemen who can generate Zone Exits. Size is great to have, but that's the key. They now have 4 guys who are excellent at them.

To be fair, Tampa was missing arguably the best D in the league for that series.

But yes, having D who can handle the puck like it isnt a grenade is absolutely a requirement. Meanwhile, were playing 2 of such d-man in our starting 6 with regularity. It's a problem, no matter how much people try to minimalize it.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
So I finally found out what the actual Flyers post win celebration locker room song is this year. Love it!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
For sure it's an upgrade, but if the goal is to win a Cup then arbitrary stubbornness is a hindrance in the playoffs, not an asset.

Of course, it probably doesn't matter because the Flyers will never win a Cup. It is this team's eternal destiny to serve as a target for all dynasties. It is inescapable.
You are clearly not having fun despite your claim otherwise. :p:

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Biiiiiig plus minus guy:

885B5703-D6F3-407D-A032-AD5970BA9B61.jpeg

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
So I finally found out what the actual Flyers post win celebration locker room song is this year. Love it!

Knock knock was where it's at, like two turntables and a microphone

For the record, I want no changes (player health aside), this team has swagggg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad