2019-20 Roster Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Friedman mentioned Spurgeon on his podcast. "Minny looking for changes. Kinda hearing his name out there"

Said lots of teams would like him and he has good value. But has a 20 team NTC so could eliminate a bunch of teams.
Music to my ears. He’d be such a perfect fit here, I think Fletcher has to be in on him. The Flyers have the ammo to get it done; I just don’t want to give up the 11th pick. If the Flyers are on his no trade list, maybe his familiarity with Fletcher & Yeo can persuade him to waive it.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Idk if this has been posted or not, and I don't believe I am able to post the full articles, but The Athletic had some analysis as to how much and how long Provolone, the Neck, and Sanheim will sign for. There is much more analysis in the articles and explanation but the most likely scenario is:

The Neck: 3 years, $3.38 mil (Restricted free agent projections: Will Flyers go with a...)

Provolone: 6 years, $6.46 mil (Restricted free agent projections: Breaking down potential...)

Sanheim: 2 years $2.86 mil (Restricted free agent projections: What type of deal makes...)

I am totally fine with all these deals, though I would like to see Sanheim signed longer than two years.

I'm a bit worried with Provy's contract.

I think he has a legitimate case to push for 8M+ given that he's been used like a #1D since his first season with the team.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Music to my ears. He’d be such a perfect fit here, I think Fletcher has to be in on him. The Flyers have the ammo to get it done; I just don’t want to give up the 11th pick. If the Flyers are on his no trade list, maybe his familiarity with Fletcher & Yeo can persuade him to waive it.
It would surprise me if Minnesota doesn't want that 11th pick. If they're rebuilding, that's exactly what they will target.
If they're looking for a shakeup, they'll probably want Ghost.

I'd rather lose the pick than Ghost, tbh.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
It would surprise me if Minnesota doesn't want that 11th pick. If they're rebuilding, that's exactly what they will target.
If they're looking for a shakeup, they'll probably want Ghost.

I'd rather lose the pick than Ghost, tbh.
I think you’re right — they probably want the pick.
But I personally would rather keep the pick & trade Ghost, based on the players available.

Fenton may not be on the longest leash, though, so it’s possible he wants guys who can play now.

Reactions: dag54

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
He’s assuredly be getting overpaid because of that but Fletcher would need to be a complete moron to give him $8M+.

Yep, and then that makes me wonder if Provy would hold out and if Fletcher would actually bridge him given that this team absolutely needs to be contending for the Metro out of the gates this year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yep, and then that makes me wonder if Provy would hold out and if Fletcher would actually bridge him given that this team absolutely needs to be contending for the Metro out of the gates this year.

Normally I’m against bridge deals but in regards to Provorov I don’t really care because I don’t believe there to be much contract value to be had there anyway.

Reactions: Magua

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Provorov would be smart to aim for a bridge deal after the season he had.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Lock Sanheim up and bridge Provy, unless he can be had at a decent hit. I have a feeling Provy and his camp think he's worth more than he actually is at this point in his career. I don't foresee it getting ugly, and they ultimately agree on a bridge, but who knows with this organization

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
No way he's looking for 8. All his comparables make 5-6. That's a fair number.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah 6.5 you can argue saying Fowler is at that number. Dumba at 6.

Just going to point out that Fowler is on his 3rd contract after a 5 year x $4 mil 2nd contract. He's at $6.5 mil with every year being a UFA year.

Dumba was bridged. His final season he had 14 goals and 50 points averaging 24 minutes/night. THEN he signed for 5 years x $6 mil. That goes back to what LoD said about contract value for him on a bridge vs. long term.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just going to point out that Fowler is on his 3rd contract after a 5 year x $4 mil 2nd contract. He's at $6.5 mil with every year being a UFA year.

Dumba was bridged. His final season he had 14 goals and 50 points averaging 24 minutes/night. THEN he signed for 5 years x $6 mil. That goes back to what LoD said about contract value for him on a bridge vs. long term.
And that makes sense. He won't see a big jump in points, and thus cap hit if he did sign a bridge. Unless of course the new CBA, expansion money, new TV contract, etc... all change that. And it could. I personally want all the guy signed long term if possible for these reasons.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
my bad...thought they said 20.
They may have, I completely missed the part in the podcast where they mentioned it at all :laugh:

Don't really want to see him traded, but if it ends up happening the Flyers are my preferred dance partner. Not sure what the deal would look like but I think it's likely both teams would walk away satisfied.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Re Provy:
If you can get Sanheim for 6 years and 30 million, you might want to go 5 years with Provy and avoid them both hitting FA at that same time. 5 years, 27.5 million, aav 5.5 sounds fair to me.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
There's no way you can give Provorov $8M coming off last season. And, I mean, his first 2 years were good, but we're not talking all-star caliber.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
They may have, I completely missed the part in the podcast where they mentioned it at all :laugh:

Don't really want to see him traded, but if it ends up happening the Flyers are my preferred dance partner. Not sure what the deal would look like but I think it's likely both teams would walk away satisfied.
Is Minnesota looking to compete now, or are you in total rebuild mode?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
it was. list went down to 10 this season. from CapFriendly, "CLAUSE DETAILS: Starting 2017-18, list of 20 teams player will not accept trade to. 2018-19 to 2019-20, list of 10 teams player will not accept trade to"
7 of the 10 teams will probably be Canadian teams anyway. :laugh: So there's a good chance we're not on that list.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Is Minnesota looking to compete now, or are you in total rebuild mode?
It's kind of an open question but it seems to be somewhere in the middle. He's said he wants to get younger, which he's done so far, but I also think they're aiming for the playoffs next year.

With Spurgeon we sort-of-kind-of have guys in Iowa that we could call up to play next to Brodin on the 2nd pairing next year, so we wouldn't necessarily need a replacement coming back. I know Wild fans tend to have their eyes on 2019 draft picks right now (it's that time of year) but it wouldn't surprise me if Fenton would be after players around the same age as Fiala, Donato, Greenway, etc.

Honestly though, your guess is as good as mine. Our beat writer's been losing his hair this year trying to get reliable information out of the front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad