2019-20 Roster Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Got to remember when signing someone to a 5-7 year deal, it's not just this year's RFAs, there's Patrick, Hart, etc. in a couple years that you have to retain some room to sign.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Got to remember when signing someone to a 5-7 year deal, it's not just this year's RFAs, there's Patrick, Hart, etc. in a couple years that you have to retain some room to sign.
Obviously, but other guys will be coming off of the books over that time period and expansion could play a significant role in them freeing up cap space if they need to. Also, minus a huge improvement this season Patrick isn't exactly looking at a huge pay day in the summer of 2020.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Sign Hayes , + Hagelin
Trade 11OA for Barrie
Re Sign Talbot

Giroux -- Couturier -- Konecny
Van Reimsdyk--Hayes--Voracek
Lindblom--Patrick--Hagelin
Raffl--Laughton--Hartman
(Aube Kubel)

Provorov--Gostisbehere
Sanheim--Barrie
Myers--Gudas
(Morin)

Hart
Talbot

**Frost in the AHL for call up in top 6
Vorobyev/Rubtsov bottom 6 Call up.

I think that would be a dangerous team. If frost beats out someone, let him join. If not AHL is fine.
Hagelin would be great on the PK
Hayes brings size and center depth. Can go wing if Frost/Vorobyev makes it.
Barrie would be resigned long term. 11Oa is steep. But would be a classic Fletcher trade.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
got to love Hagelin on 3rd line.. and Hayes.. is a classic Flyers signing.
Probably 1st round exit that is if we make playoffs with that lineup.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
9 million isn’t a lot anymore. I would not go above that for Duchene, but I’d say he’s worth that value.

You just have to look at the great teams over the years. You have to be bold. Make bold moves and take risk on losing out on prospects. That’s EK, Panarin, Duchene.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
9 million isn’t a lot anymore. I would not go above that for Duchene, but I’d say he’s worth that value.

You just have to look at the great teams over the years. You have to be bold. Make bold moves and take risk on losing out on prospects. That’s EK, Panarin, Duchene.
You can make bold moves without being irresponsible. Duchene is a 50-60 point center on this team. He's 28 years old and it's likely going to take 6 or 7 years at an aav of 9 million to get him. Let someone else make that mistake.

ugiswrong

Dec 8, 2005
deutschland
Why are we making a move now for the expansion draft in 2 years????

That makes zero sense

Because it's easy to project who is getting protected already and more teams will be making such moves next year and players in this draft are also exempt. It's like trading a ufa instead of losing him for nothing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd trade TK before I'd trade Lindblom.
TK is more talented, but Lindblom is already a better player and will continue to improve.
TK after three seasons has regressed, his fundamentals are still shaky, and it remains to be seen how he'll handle tough coaching.

Lindblom is going to have a career like Stone, people forget he dominated the SHL at age 20, if he was a flashy skater he'd have gotten a lot of hype, all he does is the dirty work and play defense - but the second half the game slowed down and he started scoring. Guys like this are invaluable because they make it easier to slot scoring forwards on their line - and as more smaller flashy scorers enter the league, "anchor" guys who get them the puck and CYA become more valuable.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

ugiswrong

Dec 8, 2005
deutschland
TK is more talented, but Lindblom is already a better player and will continue to improve.
TK after three seasons has regressed, his fundamentals are still shaky, and it remains to be seen how he'll handle tough coaching.

Lindblom is going to have a career like Stone, people forget he dominated the SHL at age 20, if he was a flashy skater he'd have gotten a lot of hype, all he does is the dirty work and play defense - but the second half the game slowed down and he started scoring. Guys like this are invaluable because they make it easier to slot scoring forwards on their line - and as more smaller flashy scorers enter the league, "anchor" guys who get them the puck and CYA become more valuable.

Fair enough. Better to get an exempt asset for one of these guys.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia

I love Lindblom, but a career like Stone? A guy who was a 60+ point selke caliber winger by 22 and is essentially a PPG player now? And your take on Konecny is laughable. You harp on ES scoring as much as anyone and Konecny has scored almost 90% of his points at ES the last two seasons, and is the best goal scorer on the team aside from Couturier.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They need a C, a D, & a backup G.

C: Sign one of Duchene/Hayes/Nelson. I’m back to leaning Duchene if possible.

D: I can’t go Karlsson at 7 years & over 10M per. I don’t think his body can handle it anymore. Has Mark Howe / Peter Forsberg written all over him.

So I’d try to trade for Spurgeon in a deal involving Ghost.
In a perfect world, Ghost/Hagg for Spurgeon/Brodin.

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
JVR-Duchene (or UFA)-Lindblom
Frost/Farabee-Patrick-Konecny
Raffl-Laughton-Hartman

Provorov-Spurgeon
Brodin-Gudas
Sanheim-Myers
Morin

Buy out AMac.

Hart
Talbot I guess (ugh)

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK was a liability last year at ES, because his defense deteriorated, especially under Gordon.
He was a much better player with Couts (as are all our forwards) - TK doesn't have to be great defensively, just not a liability.
I'd like to see him with Farabee and Frost because both are high IQ, two way players who can cover for him and skate with him.

Stone had 50 ES points at age 22, then 43 and 40, then 49 in 58g, and 52 this past season.
Lindblom was on a 40 ES point pace the second half when he moved up to 2LW and is our best defender along with Couts.

Not saying he'll be as good as Stone, but he's similar in that he compensates for a lack of speed with smarts and toughness.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
4507012-8031400101-wtf-d.jpg

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I love Lindblom, but a career like Stone? A guy who was a 60+ point selke caliber winger by 22 and is essentially a PPG player now? And your take on Konecny is laughable. You harp on ES scoring as much as anyone and Konecny has scored almost 90% of his points at ES the last two seasons, and is the best goal scorer on the team aside from Couturier.
Dude, he contradicts himself so much/so often I honestly believe he can't keep up with himself.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You can make bold moves without being irresponsible. Duchene is a 50-60 point center on this team. He's 28 years old and it's likely going to take 6 or 7 years at an aav of 9 million to get him. Let someone else make that mistake.

Of course I’d want Fletch to make the smart move that no one sees coming and works out great for us. I’ll believe that when I see it. I don’t see Fletch as the creative type. Plus they don’t have wiggle room even if it’s a trade like Frosberg to Nashville. They are going to have to lean towards surer bets in the UFAs than a young unproven player. And 60 pt second line center is pretty good. I would do it.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
Sign Karlsson, Trade Ghost + 11OA for whatever upgrade you seem most important..... Or don't

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Of course I’d want Fletch to make the smart move that no one sees coming and works out great for us. I’ll believe that when I see it. I don’t see Fletch as the creative type. Plus they don’t have wiggle room even if it’s a trade like Frosberg to Nashville. They are going to have to lean towards surer bets in the UFAs than a young unproven player. And 60 pt second line center is pretty good. I would do it.
God bless you for that bro. I wouldn't come close to 7 or 8 years for a 28 year old Duchene or the 9 million or so aav it's going to take to land him. I'll take Hayes at 5 or 6 years for an avv in the 5-6 million range over that any day. Hayes would be almost as productive with the Flyers in that second line role as Duchene would, and would do so at a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fair enough. Better to get an exempt asset for one of these guys.

You don't spend years developing a quality middle 6 two-way forward and then trade him because of the expansion draft in 2 years.

Look at some of the guys scoring big goals in the playoffs (Compher, Kuraly, Foegele, Labanc, etc). You need guys like that. You need guys like Lindblom.

Plus, the difference between 5-6 and 11 is not that big this year, despite what the post-WJC player hype trains suggest.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK

Konecny
xGF/60: -.005, .053, -.117
xGA/60: .112, 0.011, .221
GAR EV: 3.1, 10.2, 1.1
GAR PP -0.3, -1.1, 1.9
GAR PEN 2.1, 1.3, 1.6

The only improvement last year was on the PP, where he finally started to look comforable.
His defense was a shambles at ES, especially after Gordon took over.
So yeah, TK seriously regressed last season.
Some of it was not playing with Couts, but a lot of it was serious mindfarts and a lack of discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad