24 goals / 47 points

Year three
24 goals / 49 points

wtf-meme-face-4.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You are going to lose someone in the ED no matter what. Losing someone good means you have a good team. Trading Lindblom to move up in the draft is flat out dumb.

Don't waste these 2 years. Don't be afraid of the ED. Add talent IF it makes sense....don't overpay for middle 6 forwards to bottom 4 Dmen. That's how teams get in trouble cap wise....not from paying stars.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Re: expansion draft

There's not even a guarantee Lindblom is the most appealing player exposed. First of all, we are going to be active in free agency this year and/or next year.

If we do not add a free agent..

7-3-1

Giroux
Couturier
Patrick
Konecny
JVR
Voracek
Lindblom

Provorov
Sanheim
Ghost

Hart

In this scenario, Seattle's best and only option is Myers. If we add a UFA, then one of those bottom 3 forwards is exposed.

4-4-1

Giroux
Couturier
Patrick
Konecny

Provorov
Sanheim
Ghost
Myers

Hart

In the scenario, Seattle has Voracek, JVR, and Lindblom to choose from. With Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe, and possibly 11th overall all NHL ready for sure by that point, we can handle the loss of a winger.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Fletcher gets it.

I think they are going to end up with Spurgeon and Hayes.

I think there will be a bigger name involved. I’d be surprised if a big package of prospects/picks wasn’t moved in a trade. Bigger than Spurgeon although I like him.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I think there will be a bigger name involved. I’d be surprised if a big package of prospects/picks wasn’t moved in a trade. Bigger than Spurgeon although I like him.
Spurgeon isn't a big name, but he's a big time player. One of if not the most underrated player in the league.

I think the big move is going to be Ghost getting traded. Maybe for a center. Not saying they should, not trying to open this can of worms, just saying what I think will happen.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Trouba is my #1 option but he’d be the most expensive.

I prefer Subban over Spurgeon. I don’t want to give either a long term deal, but Subban’s contract fits in well and would allow Fletcher to re-evaluate things on a bigger scale in 3 years. If you move a hefty package for Spurgeon, you have to lock him up long term next summer. With Subban, you likely get 3 playoff runs with him and then get to make a decision.

They’re value isn’t too far off on the ice, but all things considered it’s a close edge for Subban in my opinion.

I don’t see Ghost being traded though like others unless 2 top 4 defenseman are being brought in.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Idk if this has been posted or not, and I don't believe I am able to post the full articles, but The Athletic had some analysis as to how much and how long Provolone, the Neck, and Sanheim will sign for. There is much more analysis in the articles and explanation but the most likely scenario is:

The Neck: 3 years, $3.38 mil (Restricted free agent projections: Will Flyers go with a...)

Provolone: 6 years, $6.46 mil (Restricted free agent projections: Breaking down potential...)

Sanheim: 2 years $2.86 mil (Restricted free agent projections: What type of deal makes...)

I am totally fine with all these deals, though I would like to see Sanheim signed longer than two years.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Besides being clear upgrades for the Flyers, what exactly is a ''Spurgeon and Hayes type.''
I assume he means they are middle-of-the road type players instead of stars.

But Spurgeon is a better defenseman than Ghost & a better fit for the Flyers’ needs. And Hayes would fill a huge hole at 2C without having to give up any assets. My preference is to go ahead & pay Duchene, but I see the argument for Hayes.

My prediction is they will sign Hayes & Tyler Myers. I feel pretty strongly that’s what they’ll do.

Reactions: dag54

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Idk if this has been posted or not, and I don't believe I am able to post the full articles, but The Athletic had some analysis as to how much and how long Provolone, the Neck, and Sanheim will sign for. There is much more analysis in the articles and explanation but the most likely scenario is:

The Neck: 3 years, $3.38 mil (Restricted free agent projections: Will Flyers go with a...)

Provolone: 6 years, $6.46 mil (Restricted free agent projections: Breaking down potential...)

Sanheim: 2 years $2.86 mil (Restricted free agent projections: What type of deal makes...)

I am totally fine with all these deals, though I would like to see Sanheim signed longer than two years.
Those all look light on the AAV, especially TK and Sanheim. Two years for Sanheim makes no sense either. Get him locked up long term and it won't be long before he is a bargain.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I assume he means they are middle-of-the road type players instead of stars.

But Spurgeon is a better defenseman than Ghost & a better fit for the Flyers’ needs. And Hayes would fill a huge hole at 2C without having to give up any assets. My preference is to go ahead & pay Duchene, but I see the argument for Hayes.

My prediction is they will sign Hayes & Tyler Myers. I feel pretty strongly that’s what they’ll do.
This whole ''not wanting to sign guys unless they are star players'' ideology around here has seriously clouded people's judgment. This team has been an absolute non-factor in the league for almost a decade. They need to start adding players who will be upgrades and make the team better. They don't have to be star players. Hayes and Spurgeon clearly make the team better. I just don't get why so many are against making the team better.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Besides being clear upgrades for the Flyers, what exactly is a ''Spurgeon and Hayes type.''
40-60 point guys commanding long term deals about 2 mil more annually then what their worth. We have forwards ready to make the jump, why block them with a pricier option. Ghost is cheap and has upside still, I don’t get the obsession with moving him after a down year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany