Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Callahan going down opens a Risto sized hole in their cap

It opens a Point extension sized hole in their cap.

And they still have to be cap compliant prior to the start of the season. They can go over for now, but I would be Callahan on LTIR is going to be shipped somewhere -- who am I kidding, league-run Arizona probably already has him on their web page -- for a swap of picks prior to the start of the season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Should start a pool to see what ailment Leafs will come up with for Marleau

I was thinking someone from the PA should make sure his home is OSHA safe. Check to make sure there are non-skid matts in his shower or something.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Why is everybody treating this like it's a done deal
Might be because, at least from what I remember, he was super close to being traded to the Lightning during the trade deadline so the fact that trade talks have resumed again means Tampa is really interested. That and there's not much else to talk about.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Might be because, at least from what I remember, he was super close to being traded to the Lightning during the trade deadline so the fact that trade talks have resumed again means Tampa is really interested. That and there's not much else to talk about.
Fair enough, I didn't know if I missed something from the more reputable sources.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Based on the rumors out there, they already qualified who they were keeping
What rumors are those? The only report I know of for the guys they've qualified other than Girgensons and Larsson is Wawrow and he explicitly stated that he didn't know about the other RFAs.

According to cap friendly both of their NTC have already kicked in.
Capfriendly is showing everything updated for next season. That doesn't reflect the reality of things as they stand now. Gourde is not eligible for an NTC until his extension actually kicks in on July 1. Miller does not have an NTC for this league year, his only takes effect on July 1 with the start of the new league year.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Callahan with degenerative disc disease, aka getting old. This cap circumvention crap is insane and makes the league look stupid. Why not put Okposo and Lucic on LTIR for the same thing?

Reactions: Fearnot

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
No doubt, but the timing here is giving the finger to all the teams that have tax constraints and laughing while they do it.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I've been a Botts supporter but if this trade ends up like the RoR one I won't be able to defend him anymore. That said I really really want Sergechev. He's the guy I wanted to be drafted instead of Nylander.

This is where I'm at. I'd be impressed if Botts could get Sergachev out of them... But call me greedy - I want more. We would need to do them the favour of taking Miller back most likely - & you just know Risto would explode on that team. If they want him - squeeze them.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
This is where I'm at. I'd be impressed if Botts could get Sergachev out of them... But call me greedy - I want more. We would need to do them the favour of taking Miller back most likely - & you just know Risto would explode on that team. If they want him - squeeze them.
Squeeze um dry like a sponge. And yeah I have a feeling Risto would do really well on a team that used him correctly.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Callahan with degenerative disc disease, aka getting old. This cap circumvention crap is insane and makes the league look stupid. Why not put Okposo and Lucic on LTIR for the same thing?

We can - the player would just have to agree to it. Okposo could probably go on LTIR any time he wants to, I’m sure his doctors will back the decision. I believe the player gets paid either way?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
We can - the player would just have to agree to it. Okposo could probably go on LTIR any time he wants to, I’m sure his doctors will back the decision. I believe the player gets paid either way?
The player agreeing being the key. Hossa did not want to play for paltry million he was due. Callahan probably did not want to move from Tampa. Hell that is the place you retire to not from.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The player agreeing being the key. Hossa did not want to play for paltry million he was due. Callahan probably did not want to move from Tampa. Hell that is the place you retire to not from.

Callahan can block a trade to almost half the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually dealing with a debilitating back injury.

It is really common among hockey players.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Callahan can block a trade to over half the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually dealing with a debilitating back injury.

It is really common among hockey players.
Or he is very happy playing out the string on the couch in his home and doing the Bolts a solid if they trade his contract to Az. I don’t doubt he has racked up numerous injuries, but that is not unusual for the profession.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Or he is very happy playing out the string on the couch in his home and doing the Bolts a solid if they trade his contract to Az. I don’t doubt he has racked up numerous injuries, but that is not unusual for the profession.

I doubt that Callahan would to not play this season if he could.

You don't have the career he's had if you don't love playing the game.

Reactions: Zman5778

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Callahan still counts towards their cap during the off season, he won't disapear until the season starts which will only allow them to use his cap space after the season starts.

It still has it downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad