2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 13: 1 Less D

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
The most underrated player on every NHL team

Buffalo Sabres: Henri Jokiharju
Jokiharju was supposed to be a key part of the Chicago Blackhawks defense, but the team made the shocking decision to trade him before the season for Alex Nylander. It has not worked out well for Chicago; it is looking promising for the Sabres. He is still only 20 years and looks like he can be a part of the Sabres' long-term defense as a key building block next to 2018 No. 1 overall pick Rasmus Dahlin.

Reactions: seagull

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I have realized that, IF, Botts can trade Bogo there will be a weight lifted off my shoulders and I genuinely can begin the healing process with this team. I really.liked him when he got here but now, it's bad.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What kind of contract should Victor Olofsson get.. Somewhere around 6x4 ??
Locking him up to something like the Arvidsson contract should be a priority and would be ideal. (AAV $4.25m over 7yr at the time of VA's signing). It might take $5m to lock him up for 6 or 7 years.

A bridge deal would be dumb...and just make him more costly down the road.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I don’t think Larsson can be replaced on the LOG line by Lazar (I like Lazar, I want to re-sign him). But Lazar is a true 4th loner/energy player and Larry is a shutdown center.

And Larsson makes that whole LOG line go.

The problem as I see it is that our optimal lineup is something like:

Olof-Eich-Reino
Skin-Larry-Mojo
Girgs-Larry-KO
Asplund/Erod-Lazar-Sheary
x Vesey
yeah, a guy like Copp would be a great get for this kind of set up if 'big game' hunting like Hertl or the like isn't in the cards. Would fit into Ralphs checking detailed system and could slide in with Skins or create the new COG 3rd line. Lowrys recent injury probably puts thats into pipe dream territory.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I remember Haula from him playing a checking role with the Wild and carrying Poms around the ice. He was mostly at center there, has been mostly LW with the Canes. If Carolina is looking for RHD, either Miller or a 50% retained Bogosian would be the offer. I'd rather it be Broke, personally. Then rent-to-own on Haula, see if he's game to stick around if he has a good experience. His knee injury was scary, but he seems to be recovered mostly.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I have realized that, IF, Botts can trade Bogo there will be a weight lifted off my shoulders and I genuinely can begin the healing process with this team. I really.liked him when he got here but now, it's bad.

The pain from what Botterill would have to give up to trade him would be greater. You would have to watch the pick/prospect blossom somewhere else. It could be years of suffering. :laugh:

per Bruce Garrioch:
Anaheim general manager Bob Murray is willing to listen to anybody wanting to move lousy contracts as long as they want to sweeten the pot with draft picks or prospects. There’s lots of talk out there that Murray is open for business because the Ducks have cap space,

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yeah, I don't see Hertl being available generally unless it's a shakeup trade for another high impact player in their prime. The Sharks are too heavily invested in this window.

---

If Hertl WERE available, you'd probably take him for something LIKE that price. Montour is moveable for him. Casey is moveable for him. SOME first rounder is moveable for him, but not a lottery pick. All three in one deal is .... plausible. Wear protection. And pray and work this offseason so that next year's first isn't top 10 as well. You probably need to clear ~0.5M in cap, but not a huge problem if you sell on any other player.

But being real about it, the guy who tagged Casey 8OA and just traded a first and Guhle for Montour probably values those guys higher than we do, and too highly to do this deal. GMs don't give up on their babies easily.

I'm worried we sign Montour long-ish term at $5M+ for that reason even though he hasn't shown a ton of promise

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I remember Haula from him playing a checking role with the Wild and carrying Poms around the ice. He was mostly at center there, has been mostly LW with the Canes. If Carolina is looking for RHD, either Miller or a 50% retained Bogosian would be the offer. I'd rather it be Broke, personally. Then rent-to-own on Haula, see if he's game to stick around if he has a good experience. His knee injury was scary, but he seems to be recovered mostly.
Haula has won 266 faceoffs this year. By comparison Johansson has won 142. I’d take a rent to own type of deal. Wanted him last summer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Something to consider... with Bogosian gone, Miller potentially soured and one of Ristolainen and Montour likely traded, we could see the fetishization of right-handed PMD continue this coming summer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Haula has won 266 faceoffs this year. By comparison Johansson has won 142. I’d take a rent to own type of deal. Wanted him last summer.

Yeah, I've been pulling that wagon for what seems like forever. His knee injury seems mostly recovered, meaning he's still got the skating to make his game work.

Reactions: sabremike

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Something to consider... with Bogosian gone, Miller potentially soured and one of Ristolainen and Montour likely traded, we could see the fetishization of right-handed PMD continue this coming summer.

solid post for the use of “fetishization.” I didn’t think that was a word. It’s in MW’s online dictionary. Well done!:clap:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Yeah, I've been pulling that wagon for what seems like forever. His knee injury seems mostly recovered, meaning he's still got the skating to make his game work.

agree. Carolina traded a prospect and conditional 5th for Haula. The 5th was based on him re-signing. If they trade him they keep their pick.

I saw Colin Miller brought up on the trade board. I’d want more than just Haula in that trade.

Maybe Bogosian at 50% retention (to backfill 7D for Carolina since Hamilton is out), conditional 2021 5th (based on him re-signing), and a prospect?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

If three guys leave they will have a clear roster opening there....

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Incoming extension of Vesey and the new dangerous habit of Miller that we'll call "the sinkbomb."
:ha:

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
It would be really, really nice if we could just magic Bogo and Rodrigues off of this team. Conditional 2023 7th for both combined at 50% retained. I think they both have negative value and will be impossible to get rid of but I said that about Beaulieu too

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
It would be really, really nice if we could just magic Bogo and Rodrigues off of this team. Conditional 2023 7th for both combined at 50% retained. I think they both have negative value and will be impossible to get rid of but I said that about Beaulieu too
I would prefer magicing Rodrigues back into the player he was a year ago...

Reactions: kenfury
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad