2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 13: 1 Less D

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
No interest in Hextall. When I talk about experience I mean mountains of it. Not just just a few years on the job because of sports nepotism.

On the other hand... when you're talking about a Whaler, who won a cup, and worked in the Yzerman Tampa administration... my interest is peaked, even though it goes against my said desire.

Okay, thanks for your input.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I looked at it more like Reilly, Del Zotto, Van Riemsdyk as the competing #6 D

Fair. But is there a Gudas-like LHD free agent out there? If there is, maybe sign him to play LHD and let some signings battle with Borgen to be the 3rd pair RD? Or maybe a mobile actually legit 3rd pairing LHD to pair with a tougher RHD 6/7 signing to battle with Borgen for playing time?

3 of their top 7 are UFAs

Very true. But their top 3 LHDs (Theodore, McNabb, Hague) are under contract. Can one of them play RD effectively? We know McCabe can't......

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Fair. But is there a Gudas-like LHD free agent out there? If there is, maybe sign him to play LHD and let some signings battle with Borgen to be the 3rd pair RD? Or maybe a mobile actually legit 3rd pairing LHD to pair with a tougher RHD 6/7 signing to battle with Borgen for playing time?

I don't know. I just really have always liked Gudas, even though he's a dirty shit. Nobody likes playing against him.

Very true. But their top 3 LHDs (Theodore, McNabb, Hague) are under contract. Can one of them play RD effectively? We know McCabe can't......

Maybe they want Miller back instead.

Reactions: Zman5778

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Galchenyuk is 99% a sabre this offseason.

That's my expectation. He's been poor at just about all hockey expect powerplay production in his career. Botts has been interested for a while, he'll be their crown jewel of the summer on some outsized contract where they bid against themselves like they did with Skinner. It's perfect.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Edit, sorting that by goals per cap dollar and they have three in the top 200. Again, Lazar (106), Girgensons (109) and Reinhart (135)

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
So it's time to sell. At least during the tank years we had some pending UFA assets that other teams wanted. What the heck can we fetch this year?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Worst case scenario, #9 asks for a trade in the summer.

What could we actually get that doesn't send this franchise tumbling into the abyss?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So it's time to sell. At least during the tank years we had some pending UFA assets that other teams wanted. What the heck can we fetch this year?

Move Montour and Miller. Try and get at least 2 2nds + 3rd back (from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Guhle that you spent).

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Why are people so much for trading Reinhart?

Even with what he does wrong, he's still a top 6 forward, whether he be a core piece or not. Why get rid of him when the organization doesn't have the ability to identify a top 6 forward to replace him?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Worst case scenario, #9 asks for a trade in the summer.

What could we actually get that doesn't send this franchise tumbling into the abyss?

Not a damned thing. It'd largely be based on futures. Maybe we could get something like a 1st and Hughes out of the Devils (as the main pieces).

He's a 23 year old star-bordering-on-superstar. They don't grow on trees. You don't get equal value. You do the best you can and hope you can do something in 5 years.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013

Even with what he does wrong, he's still a top 6 forward, whether he be a core piece or not. Why get rid of him when the organization doesn't have the ability to identify a top 6 forward to replace him?
He is one of the few pieces that has value.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

Beacuse hes the only damn player that any of the other teams might actually covet, if we arent playing him at center its a colossal waste. We will have huge chunks of salary tied up in wingers (Skinner/Reinhart/Okposo)

I want every player sans Eichel thats been here thru this whole mess out of here. They have accepted that its ok to lose every night we will just collect our millions.

Risto
Bogo
McCabe
Reinhart
Okposo
Girgensons

Thankfully Frolik Vesey and Sheary are up.

We gotta get out from Huttons money too somehow

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He is one of the few pieces that has value.

Because he's one of the few players we have who're actually good. And therefor one of the players we should keep if the plan is to ever produce a team that can compete.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Because he's one of the few players we have who're actually good. And therefor one of the players we should keep if the plan is to ever produce a team that can compete.

You are gonna pay him 8.5 mil too? We cant develop forwards to save our life, with all our cap tied up in Skinner Sam Eichel and Okposo, then Dahlin will come up. We will be putting all our eggs into Cozens and Mitts.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Trading Reinhart is inevitable. It's stupid and shouldn't happen but it will. And it will be the last nail in the coffin.
Not to mention that we put on one of the worst seasons of all time to get him. If he has to be traded can Botts please be fired before then because I have no faith it won't be a colossal failure of a trade in which the team is mocked for the next couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad