2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 13: 1 Less D

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Boy.....that 2nd feels too high in that deal. A 3rd seems better, but yeah. Maybe a 2021 2nd in the hopes that we're better next year and don't need it as much?
You're really underrating Zacha, dude has been on their 3rd-4th line for the majority of his career. if we give him a chance he can make for a nice 3c or middle six winger

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Reinhart is frustrating and plays like a puss alot , avoiding contact. In the last three i havent seen that.. So..
We should not want to send talent out the door until . We give our Team at least another line to take pressure off of the actual people who can shoot amd pass and know the game.. Add a legit top seven player and then we will see if teams have two groups of as**oles to blow up two lines. Him and risto are two that i hesitate to deal as there are intangibles that many seem to undervalue to their game..

That said . it looks like ralph lit a fire under his and shearys a** after Tampa .. Maybe w just such a bad scenario you mention...

Keep our talent use picks and prospects protected that won't hit for two year w a cap dump or two and replicate the reverse blues deal...
Hey.. Reverse Blues.. End the suffering and then whoever doesnt step up , and is soft...

Tradesszz tradecszzz and more selling . if not..great.. We didnt give a key player away... I want to kick him (sammy boy) and my wife hates him but... No.

What are you talking about ? reinhart constantly takes hits to make plays

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
What are you talking about ? reinhart constantly takes hits to make plays
It's hilarious how another one of our skilled guys is taking the brunt of the blame as to why the roster as a whole is soft. While Sam can be much more engaged in the play than he's shown so far this season, so can pretty much everyone else outside the LOG line not paid $9nil+ a season. Give him time away from Eichel and see how much his play automatically adapts to the situation. Jack has been a force, so Sam's known deference towards him has probably been amplified more than at any other time.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Fair...

I don't think a pick in the teens in this draft is that big of a risk to trade. Maybe add a top 10 protection clause to the trade...

I dont think Monahan is available.

I highly doubt Monahan is available. But he's the type of player I'd target if we're making some type of blockbuster trade. And there was some (likely bogus) talk that Calgary were looking to clear house.

I doubt Johansen is available either fwiw... These type of trades just don't get done during the season.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
yeah Hynes will probably have the opportunity to 'fix' the Preds before they do anything crazy. Their center spine has underwhelmed, but can't see them shaking it up without getting a center back.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like the Pens would rather move Galchenyuk's salary in full to be able to get cap flexibility. I don't think Buffalo can swing a deal straight over without moving Bogosian, so if they are still looking at this, there will have to be at least three teams involved (the patsy taking Bogosian, the patsy taking Galchenyuk, errr Buffalo and the Penguins who seem to be sniffing around local boy Brandon Saad).

20 Penguins Thoughts: Shopping season likely not over for Jim Rutherford

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Is Botterill still chasing Galchenyuk? :) Maybe some kind of trilateral deal by Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is Botterill still chasing Galchenyuk? :) Maybe some kind of trilateral deal by Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Chicago.

In a very Regier-ian way, we have heard of him being interested in certain players and then eventually those trades happen. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't... just passing along the info that it isn't going to be a straight bad cap for bad cap deal (not that it seemed likely).

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
There was a tweet that Chicago had interest in Bogo last week. Maybe it’s part of an unofficial 3 way. Bogo to Chicago for a 5th. Sabres send the 5th for Galchenyuk, then Pens trade for Saad. It actually might need to be an actual 3 way to work.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
Sounds like the Pens would rather move Galchenyuk's salary in full to be able to get cap flexibility. I don't think Buffalo can swing a deal straight over without moving Bogosian, so if they are still looking at this, there will have to be at least three teams involved (the patsy taking Bogosian, the patsy taking Galchenyuk, errr Buffalo and the Penguins who seem to be sniffing around local boy Brandon Saad).

20 Penguins Thoughts: Shopping season likely not over for Jim Rutherford

Well, of course they'd like to ship out their $5M 13th forward for no salary coming back. And I'd do it if they threw in Crosby.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well, of course they'd like to ship out their $5M 13th forward for no salary coming back. And I'd do it if they threw in Crosby.

It means they are trying to find a taker and package him with something else for someone to benefit from taking on his cap hit. Granted, it might be Buffalo if they shuffle salaries around in other ways, making it like the Scandella and Frolik salary swaps.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I really wonder what's taking so long to ship Rodrigues and Bogosian out?
My assumption is a lot of teams don't know if they will be selling or buying right now. There are about 5 teams that should know they are sellers right now and about 10 that are sitting in an odd limbo that should clear itself up in the next three weeks.

Ironically, this is the time that these 10 teams should be making trades.

Reactions: VaporTrail

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Does anyone have a breakdown of the 5 v 5 offensive strategy/system that Krueger has implemented? I feel like we do not generate nearly as much higher percentage shots and scoring chances as most other teams do.

Talent level is a big issue still. But I feel that this is more due to a lack of movement into the center of the ice/slot area by players without the puck. We seem to be glad with cycling it along the boards until the puck gets worked back to the point for a contested low percentage shot by our dman. If the shot isn't open, it goes d to d where the puck is then dumped back down low. I mean, how many one timers have we even taken in the o-zone this year? I just watched Colorado generate 3 very open one timers in one shift. They move around like crazy.

We also seem to have a very similar problem on the powerplay. A lot of standing still. Its very easy to defend when you don't have to cover a moving player. We had similar issues under Housley.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Well according to one Preds fan on the trade forum they think Poile would accept Reinhart + Mitts + 2020 top 3 protected 1st/2021 unprotected + Bogo for Johansen but that Botterill wouldn't offer that.

I would do that trade in an instant. I also think Monahan is untouchable but I could see Johansen being moved again. He is only on pace for 52 points but he also plays under 18 a game which is 2:30 mins less a game. That is the equivalent of Sam playing 5 whole more games (at his current ATOI) through 41 games. So with that such a large ice time discrepancy the scoring is not that far off. Sam has more the last 2 years and going back 3 years they have the same exact PPG.

A 60-65 point, 25 goal winger who is almost 3 and a half years younger and will be a tad cheaper then a 15-20 goal, 60-65 point center is a very good base in that trade. If you think Mitts still has 60 point potential then this is a massive win for Nashville, not even accounting for that lotto ticket 1st which could be a #6-11 pick. Bogo is included for cap purposes.

But since everyone is clamoring for a high end center to fill the 2c spot as we rightfully should be this is a move you do. RyJo wouldn't really be a 2C he would be a 2C like RoR was...score 60 points, be one of the best face off men and have a well rounded game. RyJo is a top 20-25 center and getting him would be a coup. Play Jack 21 mins and RyJo 19 and you then have just 20 mins of the game not being played by a high end center. Add Cozens in 2 years and we can go for a truly deep top 3 center spine only needing a vet minimum 4C to play 6-7 mins a night. That would be needed, a cheap vet option if that did go through because starting in 21-22 you would be paying Eichel, Skinner, Risto, Montour, RyJo, Dahlin, Olofsson and Okposo 60 mil. That literally leaves ~27 mil for 9 forwards,4 D and 2 goalies. Okposo must be moved somehow. I would honestly give them a 2nd+Samuelsson/Johnson to take Okposo instead of Bogo.

Okposo is an averagr 4th liner as it is today. We cannot pay 6 mil per for 3 more seasons for a guy on pace for 10-10-20. We needed 20 goals in year 4 not 20 points. This is a near crippling contract. Maybe we can pay Seattle to take the last 2 years of his deal for a 2nd+decent prospect.

But yeah for a 2C or low end 1C I am all for moving Sam+Mitts+1st for a RyJo or Monahan. Eric Staal is my "realistic" target. One of the fantasy ideas I had was talking to LA about Kopitar. He is still a 70 point elite 2 way C but he is turning 33 and making 10 mil per. They need to fully rebuild and he would also have to be enticed. But if we could somehow get Kopitar even in his early 30s I would jump at it. Especially if taking Okposo back is a requirement of said deal. Next year his nmc turns into a 23 team no trade list. And his deal is only 1 year longer then Okposo. Who wouldn't want Anze here for 4 x 10 over Okposo 3 x 6?

Anze for Reinhart, Mitts, Samuelsson, 1st.

Kings get a plug and play 55-65 point RW1. They were sniffing around Skinner and will likely lose Toffoli so a 60 point winger would be welcome there. Mitts is the long term replacement, Samuelsson is a future #4 D for them and the 1st would replenish the cupboards. The days of Kopitar+Doughty+Quick+Carter carrying this team far is over. Even Drew Doughty is 30 now. Kopitar is turning 33 and likely has only 3 more elite seasons left if that. If they can bring back a 24 year old RW1, a top 6 center prospect and former top 8 pick, a top 4 D prospect with bloodlines and a 1st round pick for the last 4 years of their marquee players time in LA they should do it.

So after all that, Eric Staal is the top 6 center the "easiest" to get. Sean Monahan is the center I would want the most who in the realm of availability COULD be available for the right offer solely due to how f***ed the Flames are cap wise. But even he is a huge longshot.

RyJo is one who theoretically COULD get acquired due to Poile saying everyone is available and would be a great fit but he would also be a tough get.

Anze Kopitar is the ultimate fantasy and has next to 0 chance of happening, though if somehow it did that would make the Sabres instant contenders. Also the least likely of happening. Botts go get Johansen and another top 9 winger to replace Sam and lets make the playoffs.

Skinner-Eichel-Frolik
Olofsson-Johansen-Trade
Sheary-Johansson-Vesey
LOG

Looks good to me.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Well according to one Preds fan on the trade forum they think Poile would accept Reinhart + Mitts + 2020 top 3 protected 1st/2021 unprotected + Bogo for Johansen but that Botterill wouldn't offer that.

I would do that trade in an instant. I also think Monahan is untouchable but I could see Johansen being moved again. He is only on pace for 52 points but he also plays under 18 a game which is 2:30 mins less a game. That is the equivalent of Sam playing 5 whole more games (at his current ATOI) through 41 games. So with that such a large ice time discrepancy the scoring is not that far off. Sam has more the last 2 years and going back 3 years they have the same exact PPG.

A 60-65 point, 25 goal winger who is almost 3 and a half years younger and will be a tad cheaper then a 15-20 goal, 60-65 point center is a very good base in that trade. If you think Mitts still has 60 point potential then this is a massive win for Nashville, not even accounting for that lotto ticket 1st which could be a #6-11 pick. Bogo is included for cap purposes.

But since everyone is clamoring for a high end center to fill the 2c spot as we rightfully should be this is a move you do. RyJo wouldn't really be a 2C he would be a 2C like RoR was...score 60 points, be one of the best face off men and have a well rounded game. RyJo is a top 20-25 center and getting him would be a coup. Play Jack 21 mins and RyJo 19 and you then have just 20 mins of the game not being played by a high end center. Add Cozens in 2 years and we can go for a truly deep top 3 center spine only needing a vet minimum 4C to play 6-7 mins a night. That would be needed, a cheap vet option if that did go through because starting in 21-22 you would be paying Eichel, Skinner, Risto, Montour, RyJo, Dahlin, Olofsson and Okposo 60 mil. That literally leaves ~27 mil for 9 forwards,4 D and 2 goalies. Okposo must be moved somehow. I would honestly give them a 2nd+Samuelsson/Johnson to take Okposo instead of Bogo.

Okposo is an averagr 4th liner as it is today. We cannot pay 6 mil per for 3 more seasons for a guy on pace for 10-10-20. We needed 20 goals in year 4 not 20 points. This is a near crippling contract. Maybe we can pay Seattle to take the last 2 years of his deal for a 2nd+decent prospect.

But yeah for a 2C or low end 1C I am all for moving Sam+Mitts+1st for a RyJo or Monahan. Eric Staal is my "realistic" target. One of the fantasy ideas I had was talking to LA about Kopitar. He is still a 70 point elite 2 way C but he is turning 33 and making 10 mil per. They need to fully rebuild and he would also have to be enticed. But if we could somehow get Kopitar even in his early 30s I would jump at it. Especially if taking Okposo back is a requirement of said deal. Next year his nmc turns into a 23 team no trade list. And his deal is only 1 year longer then Okposo. Who wouldn't want Anze here for 4 x 10 over Okposo 3 x 6?

Anze for Reinhart, Mitts, Samuelsson, 1st.

Kings get a plug and play 55-65 point RW1. They were sniffing around Skinner and will likely lose Toffoli so a 60 point winger would be welcome there. Mitts is the long term replacement, Samuelsson is a future #4 D for them and the 1st would replenish the cupboards. The days of Kopitar+Doughty+Quick+Carter carrying this team far is over. Even Drew Doughty is 30 now. Kopitar is turning 33 and likely has only 3 more elite seasons left if that. If they can bring back a 24 year old RW1, a top 6 center prospect and former top 8 pick, a top 4 D prospect with bloodlines and a 1st round pick for the last 4 years of their marquee players time in LA they should do it.

So after all that, Eric Staal is the top 6 center the "easiest" to get. Sean Monahan is the center I would want the most who in the realm of availability COULD be available for the right offer solely due to how ****ed the Flames are cap wise. But even he is a huge longshot.

RyJo is one who theoretically COULD get acquired due to Poile saying everyone is available and would be a great fit but he would also be a tough get.

Anze Kopitar is the ultimate fantasy and has next to 0 chance of happening, though if somehow it did that would make the Sabres instant contenders. Also the least likely of happening. Botts go get Johansen and another top 9 winger to replace Sam and lets make the playoffs.

Skinner-Eichel-Frolik
Olofsson-Johansen-Trade
Sheary-Johansson-Vesey
LOG

Looks good to me.

Those are some of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad