2019-20 Prospects Thread

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Have to say that Linus Karlsson put together a decent season. 40 points in 48 games in the Swedish second division. 18 points in 12 games since he was traded to a different team.

Dahlen is dominating the league with 77 points in 51 games (also 1.5 ppg) but is two years older. Karlsson is the top scorer for players 21 and under in the league.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat Mar 7

AHL

Utica 3 Charlotte 2 (OT)
Kielly

Boucher 33 (Rafferty, Camper) (PP)
Boucher 34 (Graovac, Camper) (PP)
Utica, Lind 14 (Rafferty)

ECHL

Kalamazoo 4 Fort Wayne 7

NCAA

Northeastern 2 Boston University 1
McDonough 1 goal (11th), even

Big Ten First Round
Michigan State 0 Michigan 3
Lockwood 1 goal (9th), +2

ECAC First Round
St. Lawrence 1 Harvard 7
Rathbone 2 assists, +3

OHL

Windsor 3 Flint 4 (OT)
Keppen did not play

Ottawa 6 Barrie 0
Silovs 31 saves on 37 shots

WHL

Spokane 6 Calgary 3
Woo 0 points, -1
Focht 0 points, -3

S_C

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yeah I can understand the thinking as well.
Thats why to me it comes down to the Juolevi Vs Sergachev debate, instead of Juolevi vs Tkachuk.
Our CHL scouts, and I think that was the big miss.

I wanted Chychrun if we elected to draft a defenceman. If I recall correctly, he was a consensus top 5 pick for most of the season leading up to the draft. He's one of the most well-rounded top 4 dmen in the league, IMO, and he's just starting to heat up.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I wanted Chychrun if we elected to draft a defenceman. If I recall correctly, he was a consensus top 5 pick for most of the season leading up to the draft. He's one of the most well-rounded top 4 dmen in the league, IMO, and he's just starting to heat up.

That makes sense. Don’t know much about the OHL but even that NHL consultant zac burback who worked in the OHL at the time tweeted out about Chychrun and Serg having better underlying numbers than Juolevi. It just seems like people who watch the OHL didn’t think Juolevi was better than those two. Heck even the London knights board thought Mete was their best defenseman, which sounded ridiculous at the time....... now it doesn’t sound weird at all.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I really disliked the Juolevi pick. I wanted the Canucks to trade down 3 - 4 spots if they were not taking Tkachuk, and see if they could get a 2nd rounder thrown in. There were 4 - 5 D men just as good as Juolevi available and Clayton Keller and Jost i wanted as forwards. I saw no real difference in the 6th pick and 11th pick.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I really disliked the Juolevi pick. I wanted the Canucks to trade down 3 - 4 spots if they were not taking Tkachuk, and see if they could get a 2nd rounder thrown in. There were 4 - 5 D men just as good as Juolevi available and Clayton Keller and Jost i wanted as forwards. I saw no real difference in the 6th pick and 11th pick.

It's also getting pretty painful watching Sergachev at age 21 starting to become a legitimate top pairing guy in Tampa.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's also getting pretty painful watching Sergachev at age 21 starting to become a legitimate top pairing guy in Tampa.

Sergachev almost has as many points in the NHL as Juolevi does in his entire career spanning 3 different leagues.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

what does Sergachev have to do with a Canucks Prospect Thread??

Sounds like a poorly hidden management complaining post,

no offence but i come on this thread to keep track of Canuck prospects, id rather not have you ruin it with a different agenda.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
what does Sergachev have to do with a Canucks Prospect Thread??

Sounds like a poorly hidden management complaining post,

no offence but i come on this thread to keep track of Canuck prospects, id rather not have you ruin it with a different agenda.

Sergachev is one of Juolevi's peers. It is typically worse watching someone struggle when their peers are excelling. Like, if you're hypothetically too much of a baby to handle someone mentioning a prospect unless they promise not to contextualize the player's situation by comparing them with other players with whom they were typically grouped, then I might suggest that you need to go live under a rock.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So which of our prospects is gonna develop a madden like flaw (only 150 pounds) to their game the moment we trade them?

Lol!.....same 'flaw' that Petey had.....only 160 pounds soaking wet in his draft year, with predictions he'd be thrashed in the NHL.

Still a bummer that we had to give up Madden for basically a rental....and it'll seem even worse if they don't make the playoffs. No other prospect in the Canucks system came so far, so fast, as Tyler Madden.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
@Bad Goalie I couldn’t find the OJ thread, can you or any other regular Comet watchers shed some light on how he has been this year? Any steps forward at least?

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Sergachev is one of Juolevi's peers. It is typically worse watching someone struggle when their peers are excelling. Like, if you're hypothetically too much of a baby to handle someone mentioning a prospect unless they promise not to contextualize the player's situation by comparing them with other players with whom they were typically grouped, then I might suggest that you need to go live under a rock.
Isnt there another thread for that crap perhaps the Joulevi thread.
I've this type of debate balloon into pages of noise.
I agree with freemcdavid take it elsewhere as I'd like to hear about other prospects instead of the same endless bitch and complain about would've couldve shouldve joulevi

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Arvid Costmar’s numbers in Sweden look pretty good, I thought he was smaller too. No one’s talking about him. Does anyone know anything about him?

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

My thinking was somewhat similar.

I thought the Canucks would have been best off trading down and taking Sergachev (who I saw as risky but high potential) or, if he wasn't available, Chychrun.

If I stopped there I could look like a draft savant (while only reading publicly available scouting reports.) To come back to earth with a thud, though, I was high on Pool Party, thought Tkachuk and Keller both to be high risk/high reward picks which were a little risky at # 5 and wasn't sure which of McAvoy and Juolevi should be rated higher.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad