Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread Part II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My school had pen pals when I was in grade 2. Our teacher contacted a teacher in Thunder Bay and we all got a pen pal from their class. My pen pal’s name was Jared. He had 3 older brothers and all he takes about was spending his days in the rink playing hockey himself and chasing his brothers. I remember he bragged about how good he was lol and in my head I used to think “I bet he’s not as good as me.”

I wish I had kept those letters to read some of the facts I don’t remember because there’s a really good chance it was Jared Staal.

ftr me and Jared Staal are the same age.

Likely true too. :laugh:

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Since the NCAA hockey season is over, I'm surprised we haven't seen more guys signing ELCs across the league. Will be interesting to see what happens with Morrison, Smirnov, Ranta. and Newhook. (I don't necessarily expect Morrison or Smirnov to sign, but we'll see)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Since the NCAA hockey season is over, I'm surprised we haven't seen more guys signing ELCs across the league. Will be interesting to see what happens with Morrison, Smirnov, Ranta. and Newhook. (I don't necessarily expect Morrison or Smirnov to sign, but we'll see)
Smirnov may get an AHL deal somewhere, but no way does he land an ELC. He just isn't skilled or fast enough for his size.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Players are most likely waiting to see if the league resumes and if any team can offer to burn a year off their ELC, as that may tip the scales between two teams.

Reactions: RockyMtnRedhawk

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It’s funny because if he takes advantage of this properly, this potential additional 2 months of offseason for Bowen Byram is exactly what he needs (vs somebody like Newhook who needs to play hockey).

An extra 2 months of heavy lifting for Byram puts him in a better than expected position for training camp.

Reactions: cgf and CobraAcesS

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
It’s funny because if he takes advantage of this properly, this potential additional 2 months of offseason for Bowen Byram is exactly what he needs (vs somebody like Newhook who needs to play hockey).

An extra 2 months of heavy lifting for Byram puts him in a better than expected position for training camp.

Not to mention, not much else to do other than eat, lift, and sleep/rest.

Cue Beefcake Bo at camp.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not to mention, not much else to do other than eat, lift, and sleep/rest.

Cue Beefcake Bo at camp.

Let's just hope he doesn't go full Bleackley with it...

south-park-s01e02c08-94-pound-beefcake-4x3.jpg

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Let's just hope he doesn't go full Bleackley with it...

south-park-s01e02c08-94-pound-beefcake-4x3.jpg

Could he, even if he tried?

Bo looks like a solid kid but relatively narrow frame. It might just be illusion but I find he looks like a bit of a square in equipment and a swimmer in street clothes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Could he, even if he tried?

Bo looks like a solid kid but relatively narrow frame. It might just be illusion but I find he looks like a bit of a square in equipment and a swimmer in street clothes.

He's still just a baby so he looks scrawnier than he will when his man-thiccness sets in.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I don't know if the Giants have a secluded gym, but every public gym in the lower mainland has closed for at least a few weeks, potentially longer.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Get him one of those old QVC machines where you kinda just sit an rotate and it slides under the bed.
Byram: “Hey guys I’m ready to take advantage of this downtime and get my body prepared to be a pro next year. Unfortunately our local gym is closed. Anything you guys can do to help”?

Sakic: “Absolutely Bo, I’ll check in with the boss and see what we can do to get you equipped”.

Kroenke: What color do you want?
TwgaJAJsUJMBYo82OzVrvVHLeQlOq8xPjO8GEoNhIFMMyZhU-huq1XZ-vsQ4SfwWY8XcD42D6qcOuQwOx6xCdi-t_Kb_pSPYvSv3RkIRdRDhsMHStfzZxcP5-NdfQVPDqENScHxLduiyl0Ypt_HzVQ

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Byram: “Hey guys I’m ready to take advantage of this downtime and get my body prepared to be a pro next year. Unfortunately our local gym is closed. Anything you guys can do to help”?

Sakic: “Absolutely Bo, I’ll check in with the boss and see what we can do to get you equipped”.

Kroenke: What color do you want?
TwgaJAJsUJMBYo82OzVrvVHLeQlOq8xPjO8GEoNhIFMMyZhU-huq1XZ-vsQ4SfwWY8XcD42D6qcOuQwOx6xCdi-t_Kb_pSPYvSv3RkIRdRDhsMHStfzZxcP5-NdfQVPDqENScHxLduiyl0Ypt_HzVQ
Sammy G, we also want you working on upper body strength:
upload_2020-3-17_8-57-1.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The rankings are a consensus of the national scouts though.
I see that, but again Byram isn't even the best player for this upcoming draft so he obviously isn't the best if you were to value all the systems. I value his offensive ability and skills where I suggest he's better than Drysdale, but there are parts of Drysdale game which is already better than Byram's; such as his defensive and passing attributes. I like that we're getting national attention and Avs are in great shape as Byram will be a very good player, but sadly casting away my bias the list is wrong.

That doesn't mean it's useless...

I was running out of toilet paper.
LOL

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
QMJHL just cancelled their season. The other two leagues will join them pretty quickly. If the AHL/NHL start up in May/June we’ll almost certainly see Bo Byram there for either the Eagles/Avs mini camp before things get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad