Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
s0Erhkk.jpg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Does Annunen have a legitimate shot at an NHL career or this a sort of fairy tale run?

He most certainly has a shot at an NHL career and probably a pretty high end one.

Considering he was taken 64th overall 2 years ago as well, this really isnt some out of nowhere shock for the kid. Mind you this kind of streak is pretty impressive.

But ya for a draft +2 season this is a fantastic start and if he does well at the WJC he probably establishes himself as one of the best goalie prospects in the league at this point.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Does Annunen have a legitimate shot at an NHL career or this a sort of fairy tale run?

Goalies are always hit or miss, but Annunen was pretty highly thought of going into that draft. Most either had Skarek or Dostal as the top Euro goalie, but Annunen was a pretty consistent 3rd behind them. His play in the u8s that year rose his stock, and the Avs traditionally weight that tournament heavily. He has as much NHL upside for a goalie as the Avs have drafted since Pickard.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
As fun as records are, they tend to take on a life of their own. I bet Annunen will sleep soundly tonight.

Reactions: klozge

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Who has the most value of Timmins, newhook, kaut, bowers? Who should I be least attached to?

Right now....

Newhook would have the most value. Timmins value should be pretty damn high(I'd argue higher than Newhook) if he can stay healthy for a while and start building that reputation of being a beast up again.

Bowers I would say has the least value.

Newhook - A level prospect
Timmins - B+ who probably gets back to A- level for some teams if he stays healthy
Kaut - B/B+ prospect but needs to start showing things again soon.
Bowers - B/B- level prospect, most teams likely see the limited upside at this point.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Right now....

Newhook would have the most value. Timmins value should be pretty damn high(I'd argue higher than Newhook) if he can stay healthy for a while and start building that reputation of being a beast up again.

Bowers I would say has the least value.

Newhook - A level prospect
Timmins - B+ who probably gets back to A- level for some teams if he stays healthy
Kaut - B/B+ prospect but needs to start showing things again soon.
Bowers - B/B- level prospect, most teams likely see the limited upside at this point.
I agree with all this although I think Timmins is ahead of Newhook. In my mind if we trade anyone, it’ll end up being Kaut.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I agree with all this although I think Timmins is ahead of Newhook. In my mind if we trade anyone, it’ll end up being Kaut.
My guess is newhook he’s the furthest away and in theory his future position is the one we’re filling (2nd line wing)

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
My guess is newhook he’s the furthest away and in theory his future position is the one we’re filling (2nd line wing)
I think we’ll obviously try to keep Newhook and trade a first and/or Kaut, although we’d trade Newhook under the right circumstances.

I think Sakic loves Newhook and the fact that he’s the furthest away is part of why he’ll want to keep him. Timing wise, by the time Newhook is ready, cap may start getting tight and we’ll need guys on cheap contracts. But if you’re getting a legit top 6 guy on a reasonable deal with term, that’s something we’ll give Newhook up for.

Reactions: Kschey

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I imagine Justus will rank higher than 12th in our next poll.

I mean Makar will have graduated, he'll be #11
That was last year's poll. He actually dropped four spots. But there are four busts ahead of him in this year's poll, so...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
At least the Avs aren't alone with the slow start from their 2018 1st round pick. Misery loves company and all that stuff.

Kaut: 0 points in 5 games
Zadina: 1 point in 6 games
Kravtsov: 1 point in 5 games (Just went back to the KHL)
Wahlstrom: 0 points in 4 games
Veleno: 0 points in 6 games

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
At least the Avs aren't alone with the slow start from their 2018 1st round pick. Misery loves company and all that stuff.

So...who's the biggest post-draft disappointment so far: Wahlstrom or Zadina?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Something must be wrong on that stat. Posters around here had basically crowned Veleno the steal of the draft and the Avs greatest drafting failure after his year in the Q last year while Kaut wasn't PPG+ in the AHL.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Something must be wrong on that stat. Posters around here had basically crowned Veleno the steal of the draft and the Avs greatest drafting failure after his year in the Q last year while Kaut wasn't PPG+ in the AHL.
Veleno actually scored a goal tonight. That's one more than Kaut.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

HAHA you knew exactly who you were provoking with this, and got a fairly prompt response. :nod:

Thought about doing the same thing myself.. Waves at mr @Balthazar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad