Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Some quotes on Regula from London's team thread:
Regula back is HUGE. He covered a lot of ice and is a much bigger presence out there. Leadership on the ice is obvious. Loved how he stepped in at the end when #40 took a sucker shot.
Regula is fantastic!
Also, after what I witnessed from Regula....I think I've changed my mind and think he should get the C over Foudy. Very impressive in all aspects last night.
Talking about who to put Ryan Merkley with: Might as well throw him out there with Regula...he was essentially saving Bouchards ass defensively all last year so wont be anything new to him.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Our future 3rd line in couple years
Zadina- Rasmussen - Svechnikov
All looks good , all high red wings pics

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
How close is Veleno from being NHL ready, and does he still project to be played at C? With Seider and Cholowski, would Hronek be available?

Since we haven't re-signed Connor yet, I wonder if a deal is brewing. Add on that "rumor" sites are linking Jets and Detroit and I just thought I'd check in on fans' perspective on both players' availability and value. Not sure what would need to be added from Jets side.

Looks like you guys have a developing group and might get another great pick in 2020 draft, plus your books will be wide open for a big name UFA d-man like Josi, Barrie, Krug, Pietrangelo. Obviously the chemistry between Larkin and Connor would be awesome, and I imagine fans would be happy to have a hometown boy.

Reactions: hkydave04

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How close is Veleno from being NHL ready, and does he still project to be played at C? With Seider and Cholowski, would Hronek be available?

Since we haven't re-signed Connor yet, I wonder if a deal is brewing. Add on that "rumor" sites are linking Jets and Detroit and I just thought I'd check in on fans' perspective on both players' availability and value. Not sure what would need to be added from Jets side.

Looks like you guys have a developing group and might get another great pick in 2020 draft, plus your books will be wide open for a big name UFA d-man like Josi, Barrie, Krug, Pietrangelo. Obviously the chemistry between Larkin and Connor would be awesome, and I imagine fans would be happy to have a hometown boy.

Not sure what the return would be. Yzerman isn't dangling Hronek, he is the first D-man he lists when he talks core.

The rumor I have seen was Athanasiou, Bowey and a 2021 1st.

That would make some sense as it would protect their pick this year when they should be bad even with Connor and cannot deal that without at least heavy lottery protection. I would also agree if they did this it would mean they were going to land one of the big UFA D in Yzerman's mind.

Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi will be the line connor or no connor at least to start. Now he is a sizeable upgrade over Athanasiou. But I just doubt this package can happen and one of the reasons is Athanasiou will have full arbitration rights one year from UFA status next summer. He can hold the Jets hostage in a negotiation and after the summer you have endured I doubt that would be on Chevy's agenda.

Most fans aren't going to want to pony up what it would cost. I like Connor a lot and find him intriguing, but I am not sure what the package would be. Most of the guys you want we are lead to believe aren't available though perhaps Yzerman has changed his mind on a few. Still tough for me to see this deal, Cholowski has had a very strong camp. Hronek is on our top pairing with DeKeyser to start the year.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
How is Connor worth a young-ish 30 goal guy AND a first? I can't see that. Big names just don't go for that much.
Connor is 3 years younger than AA iirc and is a better all around player. I guess that first is paying for that gap. I'd be hesitant to deal that first though.

Reactions: hkydave04

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Welp guess it doesn’t matter now lol. Thanks for the discussion!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why did you sent Oliwer Kaski to the minors?????????? WTF. Was like your best d-man in the preseason?.
You tanking??? because no offence, but your D is not good at all, Oliwer Kaski would of made your D so much much better from the get go.

The 2 players i regard better what Kaski are Cholowski and Hronek, rest (outside Bowey) are super meh.
- none of the trio Green,Daley,Ericsson are NHL level players at this point, all 3 should of retired after last season
yes, even Green.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why did you sent Oliwer Kaski to the minors?????????? WTF. Was like your best d-man in the preseason?.
You tanking??? because no offence, but your D is not good at all, Oliwer Kaski would of made your D so much much better from the get go.

The 2 players i regard better what Kaski are Cholowski and Hronek, rest (outside Bowey) are super meh.
- none of the trio Green,Daley,Ericsson are NHL level players at this point, all 3 should of retired after last season
yes, even Green.

Green is much better than Kaski. Sorry bud, don't agree with that at all.

He was outplayed by the guys currently ahead of him. That is the reality. He might be the first callup assuming Cholowski does stay up. My guess is they would play Daley before him. In any event go down to Grand Rapids and work on positioning and stop coughing the puck up. He was in a competition with Bowey really and he was outplayed by Bowey with a pretty large gap between them. Seider isn't likely to stay and he also outplayed him on the right side. He is currently 5th in our righthanded D chart.

I think he will get a look at some point this year, maybe after the deadline or if there are injuries, he needs to be ready when that happens or force their hand by being exceptional in Grand Rapids. He didn't do enough for me to care about him being sent down and he is better off there than in the pressbox like Ericsson and Daley.

Reactions: Darkseider

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI

yes, even Green.
Kaski looked pretty bad this preseason

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Very good early morning for wings prospects

Albert Johansson got off the schnide and scored his 1st goal of the year

Grewe scored his 1st goal of the year for his u20 team

Also Soderblom had the GW shootout goal which is considered a goal... his 8th in 6 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad