Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Pro-Team Tank Thread - The Final Countdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I could care less if Green is let go, but how many "It's the coach" card does Benning deserve?

Historically you get one, especially if it's during a period of 5 years of missing the playoffs.

Realistically Benning/Weisbrod should be purged from the front office, replaced with competent management who would then evaluate Green and correctly assess that he is not the right coach for the team.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I could care less if Green is let go, but how many "It's the coach" card does Benning deserve?

Ask FAQ. One think I know is that Fredo has a big ego and he isn't going to can JB in the first year of an extention. It would make him look like a fool.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Ask FAQ. One think I know is that Fredo has a big ego and he isn't going to can JB in the first year of an extention. It would make him look like a fool.

Fredo looks more foolish keeping him around than if he accepts he made a mistake and moves on. Nobody thinks the Wild's owner looks foolish for firing Paul Fenton 1 year after hiring him when it became apparent he wasn't fit to be a GM.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Fredo looks more foolish keeping him around than if he accepts he made a mistake and moves on. Nobody thinks the Wild's owner looks foolish for firing Paul Fenton 1 year after hiring him when it became apparent he wasn't fit to be a GM.

We aren't talking about the Wild's owner though...

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
giphy.gif

Wanna see lots of divisional loses this season so keep her roll'n boys!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
You're right, it's not like there's any precedence of him doing this. It's almost like 2013-14 never happened. :sarcasm:

So you figure he'll do it again? He would look even more foolish than even I think he is and that's something. It mystifies me why so many posters here cut him so much slack, he is clearly a rich, entitled brat.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
So you figure he'll do it again? He would look even more foolish than even I think he is and that's something. It mystifies me why so many posters here cut him so much slack, he is clearly a rich, entitled brat.

I don't think it is possible for Aqua to look more foolish than he already is. Firing the best GM in team history because he wanted to rebuild made him look foolish. Keeping arguably the worst GM in team history employed for 6 seasons and giving him an extension makes him look very foolish. No respectable hockey mind wanting to work under his meddling rule makes him look foolish. Firing Benning would make Aqua less foolish, compared to keeping Benning which makes him look absolutely clueless.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Perpetuating an obvious mistake out of stubbornness is vastly more stupid that admitting you f***ed up and dealing with the situation.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
2 games in and the team is functioning as well as it could, just like one of those North Korean tanks.
69ff53fca7979e043babc7fb.jpg

heyyyy wait a minute...it all makes sense now!
hik223a.png

모두 영원한 매니저 짐 베닝을 환영합니다 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Btw I just online translated this crap, so any Koreans here think it does not make least bit of sense, blame Google)

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
It's going to take missing the playoffs AND winning the lottery while surrendering the pick to Tampa Bay for Mr Aquilini to pull the trigger on Jimbo.

And even then, it is far from certain.

Reactions: Zippgunn

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hello darkness my old friend

Darkness? This is the best thing that could happen to this team right now.

No time to waste, everyone get on. Remove any loose change and jewelries, keep your hands and feet inside your seats at all times, if you feel nauseous at any given point there are vomit bags with Jim Benning's pictures attached inside pouches behind all hatches.
CqDZ.gif

And if you expect us to cater to the needs of your children, you've clearly gotten on the wrong f***ing ride.
:laugh:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Same problem as last year, not anywhere near enough offensive firepower.

Hopefully this means that in the future the next GM will overcompensate and load up on offense.

Who doesn’t love watching lots of goals?

In addition to losing, it would be beneficial if we continue to struggle scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad