Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I just realized with the Sharks claiming Noesen off waivers from Pittsburgh, we finally have a waiver claim that DIDN'T involve Winnipeg.

5 of the 6 have involved the Jets: Dahlstrom to Winnipeg, Comrie from Winnipeg to Detroit, Sbisa to Winnipeg, Shore to Winnipeg, Comrie back to Winnipeg.

Winnipeg are doing it the Garth Snow way: searching for a golden nugget on the scrapheap.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
So just to be clear, if the Jets were the only ones to put in a claim for Comrie, Detroit would now be able to claim him and put him directly in the minors, right?

Also I feel like Freidman just writes WIN to troll Winnipeggers at this point.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Pretty remarkable that Granlund managed to play 300+ games in the NHL. One of those lucky AHLers who just happened to catch a break and make NHL salary for multiple seasons.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So just to be clear, if the Jets were the only ones to put in a claim for Comrie, Detroit would now be able to claim him and put him directly in the minors, right?

Also I feel like Freidman just writes WIN to troll Winnipeggers at this point.
If Detroit is the only team to put a claim in on this round, then they can send him to the minors.

That's his thing (though he said he was retiring the shtick a while back) - he gives out there abbreviations for almost all teams

Reactions: Atoyot

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Isles need a C in the worst way, maybe a claim there? I’m assuming he’s pretty bad but we just need someone to fit into a system.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Gotta think there's a good chance that Rangers will claim Granlund. A friend/mentor for Kakko, and a guy who can provide depth with Lemieux out for a while and so we don't have to play Micheal Haley.

Obviously the 1.3 cap hit isn't ideal though...

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Any insight as to why the Flyers would waive Andreoff and not Stewart?
Stewart, from what I've gleaned, is the old "good in the room". A big mentor for the younger players who doesn't bristle at being a healthy scratch almost every night, good teammate, practices hard, toughness etc. etc. They're cliches, I know, but I do think there is some weight behind them and why he remains while Andreoff goes on waivers.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Reactions: Mike Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad