Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Hasn't played a game in the NHL though for the first time in years. He's probably not happy he's stuck in Binghamtom and wants to find a potential NHL job somewhere. Morrow is like the 10th defenseman in the depth chart on the Devils ? Yeah wouldn't be happy with that either.
Headed to Russia actually

Reactions: BHD

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Kind of interesting that Kovalchuk is electing to take the waivers route.
His NMC would've allowed him to waive the waivers process.

I guess, even if he has no control of where he goes, he's hoping someone is willing to take him on and pay that contract.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
So let's say the Jets put in a claim for Comrie because they only have one goalie outside of the 2 in the NHL under contract.... Would they be able to immediately assign him to the Moose without having to waive him again, or is that negated since the team that originally claimed Comrie isn't the one waiving him now?

It doesn't sound like it?:
13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
So let's say the Jets put in a claim for Comrie because they only have one goalie outside of the 2 in the NHL under contract.... Would they be able to immediately assign him to the Moose without having to waive him again, or is that negated since the team that originally claimed Comrie isn't the one waiving him now?

It doesn't sound like it?:
10 games required

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks claimed one of the two forwards. They have some long term injuries piling up and may not want to keep taking from San Diego and forcing too many kids into the lineup.

Czarnik is interesting, likely just a depth guy but perhaps there's some scoring touch yet to be found at the NHL level.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I thought last year when flyers grabbed pickard he had to be in 10 games or something otherwise I’d waived, the originating team could take him back and stash right in ahl

I'm not sure on that one in regards to Pickard. 10 games/30 days is the length they need to be in the NHL before they have to be subject to waivers again.

The way the CBA is written, in a hypothetical where the Coyotes retained Comrie and simply waived him and the Jets wanted him back:

If the Jets put in a claim and a team or teams lower in pts% also puts one in: He goes to the team with the lowest pts%

If the Jets put in a claim and a team or teams higher in pts% also puts one in: He goes to the Jets, but if they want to put him in the AHL, they have to waive him again.

If the Jets put in a claim and are the only team that does so: They get him and it basically acts as though he "cleared" waivers and can be assigned to and from the AHL until he's in ten games or spends 30 days on the NHL roster.

My question is if the above still stood despite Comrie's trade to Detroit but it doesn't seem like it.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I just realized with the Sharks claiming Noesen off waivers from Pittsburgh, we finally have a waiver claim that DIDN'T involve Winnipeg.

5 of the 6 have involved the Jets: Dahlstrom to Winnipeg, Comrie from Winnipeg to Detroit, Sbisa to Winnipeg, Shore to Winnipeg, Comrie back to Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->