Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Kyle Dubas actually learning on the fly, how about that.

Last season he kept the equally inept Garrett Sparks for the full year, and it cost the Leafs big time.

Wonder how Kaskisuo will do as a stopgap.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I feel like this warrants a separate thread. :laugh:

Anyways, good news for Leafs fans. The next backup can't be any worse than Hutch was.
He didn’t get much help most of the time. Andersen stands on his head most nights and Hutchinson wasn’t good enough to do the same. Good luck finding a back up as good as Andersen. Lol

Reactions: weinsink and hn777

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
With Colorado’s injuries up front I wouldn’t be upset if they claimed Pirri, then sent Megna and Tynan down.

Reactions: Morrison

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think the Canes could have really used Pirri to balance out the lines, but Foegele's playing really well RN and I think they're squeezing every cap dollar they have to sign Willy. As for why a team like Edmonton didn't claim him, who knows.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Pirri is too good for the AHL, not good enough for top line NHL minutes, does not provide the grit for a bottom 6 role. Quite the pickle to be in.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Pirri is too good for the AHL, not good enough for top line NHL minutes, does not provide the grit for a bottom 6 role. Quite the pickle to be in.

You'd think at some point he'd try to round out his game. He's got nobody to blame at this point but himself, because if he had absolutely any other skills to go with his shot he could at least stick on a 3rd line somewhere.

The fact that he's been cut multiple times from teams that need goal scoring help should be enough to stop these "my team should definitely take a chance and claim Pirri" posts. But here we are...

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Yes. Very bad. Injuries have destroyed his career. Great guy, great teammate. Was in the top 10 in save percentage I believe during his first 3 years in NJ. After that, injuries started and his mental and physical state were never the same.
Didn't know - thanks!

Reactions: Dialamo

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Makes no sense to me. Dude's career numbers 0.44 P/GP, 50 CF%, 48% S/O Pct., ~48 FO%.

He is very below average without his shot. You need top line minutes with pp time to capitalize that skill. He is not the caliber of player for top 6 minutes in the NHL, but is great with top minutes in the AHL. Again with his skill set, he is a horrible bottom 6 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad