Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Petan didn't need to go through waivers again , right ? He was just called up again and would still have a waiver free period IRC of 7-9 games played or 30 days on the roster or something. Probably giving Petan another chance someone picks him up with this move .

He needed to go through waivers again. He cleared at the start of the season, got send down and called back up. Was sent down again on the final day he was eligible without waivers at the beginning of November(for that very reason), and then for some reason they called him back up for 1 game.

Reactions: McDonald19

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He needed to go through waivers again. He cleared at the start of the season, got send down and called back up. Was sent down again on the final day he was eligible without waivers at the beginning of November(for that very reason), and then for some reason they called him back up for 1 game.

So overall he was 30 days in the Leafs roster already ? Stars send down Joel Hanley a couple of times on off days ( paper transaction ) so the 30 days period would be pushed back before he will require waivers again. Now of course that Klingberg injury completely made all that moot and now Hanley will have to be waived again when Klingberg is back.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So overall he was 30 days in the Leafs roster already ? Stars send down Joel Hanley a couple of times on off days ( paper transaction ) so the 30 days period would be pushed back before he will require waivers again. Now of course that Klingberg injury completely made all that moot and now Hanley will have to be waived again when Klingberg is back.

Yes, he was at 29 when they sent him down which is why they sent him down. Which is why I thought it was strange when they called him back up for 1 more game when they had 2 other options available for last game.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes, he was at 29 when they sent him down which is why they sent him down. Which is why I thought it was strange when they called him back up for 1 more game when they had 2 other options available for last game.

Maybe they wanted to give him another shot at getting picked up on waivers ? Showcase him for that one game ( he played top6 right ? ) and maybe increase interest ? Not sure it helped though . Doubt someone picks Petan up on waivers.

Reactions: uncleben

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Maybe they wanted to give him another shot at getting picked up on waivers ? Showcase him for that one game ( he played top6 right ? ) and maybe increase interest ? Not sure it helped though . Doubt someone picks Petan up on waivers.

That was what everyone was saying. But it's weird they go from we have to send him down now so he doesn't need waivers to we want to put him on waivers 3 days later. Maybe he asked them to see if there was any interest, they didn't find any and he'll clear waivers again to prove it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That was what everyone was saying. But it's weird they go from we have to send him down now so he doesn't need waivers to we want to put him on waivers 3 days later. Maybe he asked them to see if there was any interest, they didn't find any and he'll clear waivers again to prove it.

Well there's that big Sportsnet article about Petan where he says he strong believes he's an NHL caliber player so i would think he probably isn't happy with the situation but i just don't see where would be interest for him. He's not shown much in the big league . He's supposedly been dominant in his AHL stint but plenty of dominant AHL players don't find success in the NHL. Just ask Daniel Carr or Brendan Pirri or someone like that.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Lol please no. And Andrighetto sucked, which is why he went unsigned... In the entire NHL.
Ghetto was useless in a bottom 6 role and his NHL career was over but Petan never had a fair shot, Petan's speed would fit with our team

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way Petan is signed for next season as well. That already limits the teams who will claim him. Barely anybody wants a fringe player thats signed for more than one season.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
C'mon Oilers, pick up Petan.

He's at least as good as Gagner.

Then find someone in the 3 million dollar range, add an asset with Gagner and make your team better.

If they didn't, they should have tried to trade for Perlini and Fabbri like the Wings did.

Stick to your own team please lol. Petan/Perlini/Fabbri don't solve bottom-6 issues. No more soft, defensively-suspect forwards please.

I'd love to get back Maroon or Pitlick back.

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
Stick to your own team please lol. Petan/Perlini/Fabbri don't solve bottom-6 issues. No more soft, defensively-suspect forwards please.

I'd love to get back Maroon or Pitlick back.

I'd consider Oilers one of the teams I regularly watch and root for thanks.

I stand by my comment that I'd take the small risk in those 3 rather than guys like Gagner, Khaira, Chiasson, Russell, Cave....

Stick to my own team please... lol hf man..

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I'd consider Oilers one of the teams I regularly watch and root for thanks.

I stand by my comment that I'd take the small risk in those 3 rather than guys like Gagner, Khaira, Chiasson, Russell, Cave....

Stick to my own team please... lol hf man..

I highly doubt you follow the Oilers that much. You are advocating defensively-suspect players - we had our share with Spooner, Aberg, Zykov, Rattie. We're a Tippett team now. My fellow Oilers fans are pining for Ryan Strome and Pageau.

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
I highly doubt you follow the Oilers that much. You are advocating defensively-suspect players - we had our share with Spooner, Aberg, Zykov, Rattie. We're a Tippett team now. My fellow Oilers fans are pining for Ryan Strome and Pageau.

:'D

Oh okay, my bad.

I guess I will stick to my team in the general waiver area.

Reactions: hn777

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I feel like this warrants a separate thread. :laugh:

Anyways, good news for Leafs fans. The next backup can't be any worse than Hutch was.

No matter how bad something is there's allways ways to make it worse.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->