Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He is very below average without his shot. You need top line minutes with pp time to capitalize that skill. He is not the caliber of player for top 6 minutes in the NHL, but is great with top minutes in the AHL. Again with his skill set, he is a horrible bottom 6 player.
I think that's a stupid reason to keep a 36-point player out of a lineup. The Sabres have Jimmy Vesey as their 3LW, he has 2 assists in 17 games. Pirri must have just looked bad for Vegas this year.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I think that's a stupid reason to keep a 36-point player out of a lineup. The Sabres have Jimmy Vesey as their 3LW, he has 2 assists in 17 games. Pirri must have just looked bad for Vegas this year.

He has never once gotten 36 points in the NHL, closest he has gotten was 24 back in his Panther days.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Because narratives. Way too much value is put into players that skate around like chickens with their heads cut off and look like they're trying hard because they're terrible at everything. Most "energy" players are just players that have to put in twice the effort to get half the results because they don't do things well or efficiently. Then you have the flip side where players effortlessly produce tangible results but get called out for lacking "drive" or looking disinterested because they don't flail around as much while doing it. A good example from my favorite team (Winnipeg) was how many people (media, fans, management) loved James Wright (2 goals, 7 points in 97 games played as a Jet, bad defensively by every metric) and hated Kyle Wellwood and Nik Antropov.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Damn Friedman didn't clarify and made me look like a fool. I didn't even know Mario Kempe was in LA.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
You'd think at some point he'd try to round out his game. He's got nobody to blame at this point but himself, because if he had absolutely any other skills to go with his shot he could at least stick on a 3rd line somewhere.

The fact that he's been cut multiple times from teams that need goal scoring help should be enough to stop these "my team should definitely take a chance and claim Pirri" posts. But here we are...

I'm pretty sure Pirri has his family in the Chicago area - so him going on waivers does not bother him. He gets his 1-way salary either way. Probably an understanding with Vegas to allow him to play. Also, his agent has probably told other teams to not put in a claim as his preference is either Vegas or Chicago. It's possible.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Should be interesting; lots of teams were interested in him as an UFA this past summer

Any team looking for defensive depth should absolutely look into claiming him. He's been just fine when he's played. Not sure I want him as a full time 3rd pairing guy, but he's certainly worth being rostered as a #7. And he looked solid as a 4th line forward for one game.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Any team looking for defensive depth should absolutely look into claiming him. He's been just fine when he's played. Not sure I want him as a full time 3rd pairing guy, but he's certainly worth being rostered as a #7. And he looked solid as a 4th line forward for one game.

The guy had a tough time cracking the Sabres insanely mediocre at best D and was switched to forward. The guy is clearly not an NHL defenseman lol. Went unclaimed to boot.

Reactions: Dr Quincy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->