8. Raphael Lavoie
  9. Tyler Benson
  10. William Lagesson
  11. Matej Blumel
  12. Ilya Konovalov
  13. Kirill Maksimov
  14. Filip Berglund
  15. Stuart Skinner
I still think Samorkuov is too low. He could literally be the best LHD on the Oilers right now.

Reactions: B33K33PING

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I still think Samorkuov is too low. He could literally be the best LHD on the Oilers right now.
Who would you put him ahead of? Bouchard and Broberg are automatically 1 and 2 just based on upside. I could see the argument to bump him ahead of Holloway, they're similar level prospects.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Who would you put him ahead of? Bouchard and Broberg are automatically 1 and 2 just based on upside. I could see the argument to bump him ahead of Holloway, they're similar level prospects.

I actually think he's ahead of both Holloway and Broberg right now, and I'm a big Broberg fan.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I actually think he's ahead of both Holloway and Broberg right now, and I'm a big Broberg fan.
Right now, yes, Samorukov is probably better than Broberg, but if we're taking into account projection and upside it would be hard to justify him as the better prospect.

Same reason I have Carter Savoie ahead of someone like Tyler Benson.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Right now, yes, Samorukov is probably better than Broberg, but if we're taking into account projection and upside it would be hard to justify him as the better prospect.

Same reason I have Carter Savoie ahead of someone like Tyler Benson.

I actually think Samorukov has the higher upside too.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

That's ridiculous, literally. ;)

Anyway, I'm hopeful that Samorukov can crack the roster next season and establish himself as a regular.

Reactions: Aerchon

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That's ridiculous, literally. ;)

Anyway, I'm hopeful that Samorukov can crack the roster next season and establish himself as a regular.
Yeah, you’re right, Koekkoek is probably better than him at the moment.

;)

Reactions: nabob

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah, you’re right, Koekkoek is probably better than him at the moment.

;)

Actually you're right now that I think about it since Koekkoek is playing the right side so he would be the best LD the Oilers currently have.
Samorukov-Koekkoek take the tough minutes while Nurse-Larsson take the easy minutes. ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Actually you're right now that I think about it since Koekkoek is playing the right side so he would be the best LD the Oilers currently have.
Samorukov-Koekkoek take the tough minutes while Nurse-Larsson take the easy minutes. ;)
Now you’re starting to get my drift. ;)

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Broberg and Blumel each picked up assists today, Broberg on the late-tying goal and Blumel on the winner.

Broberg is still getting back to full health so he's been listed as the #7D since returning from the WJC. He still got decent ice-time though.
They're distributing the ice-time in a bit of a weird way, but they've won 4 straight so who can blame them for keeping it up. The top pair D's have seen sub-20 mins in TOI, 3 games ago (first back for Broberg) the D that played most minutes only played 17:16.

I wouldn't worry about them wearimg out Broberg. He's playing 13-15 mins, so coming back slow. And as was said before this was not really about an injury that could get worse and worse, it was just about playing with a lot of pain. That was how I understood it anyhow.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The QMJHL has started its season tonight. The Dub is committed to a 24 game schedule and the OHL is trying to get a 2021 season. I imagine that none of the Oiler prospects will be in the juniors this season, though.
Tullio is only on loan to Slovakia so I think he actually has to come back if the OHL gets things going.

Reactions: oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Tullio is only on loan to Slovakia so I think he actually has to come back if the OHL gets things going.

Thanks, Bobo. I just read the Generals story that he was to come back to quarantine prior to the Gens' training camp, that would've started tomorrow. But, that's been pushed back due to the Ontario lockdown. So, it'll be when or if there's a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad