Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Ty Tullio recorded an assist last game but is out of the lineup today. Likely an injury, hopefully nothing serious.

Matej Blumel scored again, this time on a strong individual effort.

Carter Savoie's games today and tomorrow have unfortunately been postponed.

This kid is something else. Deked thru 3 players+ 1 ref + 1 linesman

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Wasn't he with the Chicago Steel at the beginning of the year? USHL: How does it work?

You are right, he was all set to play for Chicago this year but left to play in Europe before the USHL season started - back when the USHL season was really up in there. He also actually played a few games in Omaha last year too.

I'm assuming its a "free agent" type of signing by Des Moines. His rights must have opened up once he never actually played in Chicago.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Philip Broberg got an assist yesterday in his first game back in the SHL. No idea why he's playing though, he's meant to be out a couple weeks. With his 9th point of the season, Broberg has surpassed his total from last year in 21 less games.

Here's a quote about Samorukov's play this season:

(Regarding all U21 defensemen in the KHL): "Samorukov leaves the best overall impression. 2nd in the league in +/- now, some offence too, while due to his defensive steadiness he is used more and more to look after less defensively gifted guys on the team. Debuted on the senior NT(basically tells you who the best 21 y.o. defenceman in the league is) in a european mid-season tournament and looked every bit effective. He is the guy I think looks closest to get a feel of the NHL next season."

Holloway, Tullio, Blumel, Lavoie, and Kemp play today.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Philip Broberg got an assist yesterday in his first game back in the SHL. No idea why he's playing though, he's meant to be out a couple weeks. With his 9th point of the season, Broberg has surpassed his total from last year in 21 less games.

(Regarding all U21 defensemen in the KHL): "Samorukov leaves the best overall impression. 2nd in the league in +/- now, some offence too, while due to his defensive steadiness he is used more and more to look after less defensively gifted guys on the team. Debuted on the senior NT(basically tells you who the best 21 y.o. defenceman in the league is) in a european mid-season tournament and looked every bit effective. He is the guy I think looks closest to get a feel of the NHL next season."

Broberg clearly wants to play but just sit and take the time to heal.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

The bit about Samorukov is very encouraging to hear. He sounds like the ideal match for someone like Bouchard.

After this season, I'd like to see something like...
Nurse/Bear
Jones/Larsson
Samorukov/Bouchard
Koekkoek

Larsson is kind of a placeholder as I don't know how the Larsson/Barrie contracts shake out.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The bit about Samorukov is very encouraging to hear. He sounds like the ideal match for someone like Bouchard.

Nurse/Bear
Jones/Larsson
Samorukov/Bouchard
Koekkoek

Larsson is kind of a placeholder as I don't know how the Larsson/Barrie contracts shake out.
If the Oilers re-sign Barrie, I could see Samorukov eventually being a nice match. Samorukov has shown in the past that he can be successful in the role of the defensive conscience in a pairing. But he also has skill so he does not anchor the pair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Samorukov is gonna get a long look in camp next year you would assume. Especially if Klefbom, as expected, is still on the shelf. Additionally, although Bouchard and Broberg are both on the cusp as well, they aren't in the "defensive dman" mold as Samorukov is. Therefore you likely has an opening (left D) as well as fits a needed skill set. He may not play the entire year in the NHL next year, but I can't imagine him not getting some games in.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Nurse/Bear
Jones/Larsson
Samorukov/Bouchard
Koekkoek

I could see this being the lineup out of camp. Depends on how many GP Bouchard gets though of course. I wouldn't want to be breaking in a 3rd pairing that was entirely comprised of rookies. I'm assuming Bouchard gets some GP in this year though, and that combined with his existing cups of coffee in the NHL, should mean that he isn't a raw rookie next year.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It looks like Blumel's game will be streamed in 10 minutes so I get to watch my boy for the first time. Looking forward to it.

And yes, big fan of Samorukov. They really need a guy like him who excels defensively and plays with some piss and vinegar, I think there's a little untapped offensive potential there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad