Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The next closest U21 scorer is 10 points back of him.

He's the top scorer up until U24 where he drops to 4th.

Maybe I'm misreading but are you saying that he's 4th in scoring in the entire league or 4th of the U24 group?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How does the league he is in compare to others. He is doing well but how is the quality of competition there?

Like I've noticed former Oilers defense prospect Martin Gernat is PPG over there.

Edit: although going from 5 points in 31 games to 19 in 27 is a massive improvement

Last edited:
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
How does the league he is in compare to others. He is doing well but how is the quality of competition there?

Like I've noticed former Oilers defense prospect Martin Germany is PPG over there.

Edit: although going from 5 points in 31 games to 19 in 27 is a massive improvement
Love the auto correct.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
Woah. It might be time to start taking this kid seriously as a pro prospect. Literally nobody in the media ever gives him a mention.

How is he doing relative to other young players in that league?

but the tweet you commented on is from "the media". :huh:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Him scoring in a lesser league but above junior is a good but I'm a little more interested/excited for hopefully him improving his overall game/skating. Big ice, I would think, is a good thing for his development.

McDavid has more than a few potential options now and in the future for scoring wingers. Lavoie is being slept on a bit. I imagine McDavid creating space for a natural sniper like him very easily thus resulting in a ridiculous amount of goals.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
For Lavoie this is just coloring space he has already colored. Its not hurting him but really all he is doing is improving upon what he is already very good at and with more time and space. While his potential development has not been jacked it certainly is at a snail's pace right now.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
For Lavoie this is just coloring space he has already colored. Its not hurting him but really all he is doing is improving upon what he is already very good at and with more time and space. While his potential development has not been jacked it certainly is at a snail's pace right now.
I don’t understand this. How is that what you get out of his current season?

North

Jun 25, 2009

Should he just sit at home and not play?

Reactions: jlockhart89

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Getting better at what you do best(aka likely your ticket to the big league) is never a bad thing.
Especially if that thing is scoring goals. Translate that skill to the NHL and you have a long career. Lots of guys become better all-round hockey players but never get a sniff.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Should he just sit at home and not play?
Staying home would be detrimental. Sure let him improve the skating and shot, its probably the best for now; but for a top 6 winger he has some other areas that need attention. He has time and good coaching in the AHL in his future. My comment was more that his timeline in development has been delayed.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
I mean he's playing in a better league than he's ever played in with a far bigger focus on being defensively responsible than he ever experienced in junior hockey. On bigger ice which forces you to move your feet which from earlier reports has been an issue with him. I'd say this season checks a lot of boxes wrt his development. All the while gaining personal experience by moving to a different country. Don't see the issue at all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad