Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Matej Blumel just scored, extending his goal-streak to 3 games — 4 if you include his time with the Czech National Team. He was promoted from the 3rd line to the 1st line for today's game.

7 goals, 14 points in less than 23 games in the top Czech league. I really think he'll be a no-nonsense bottom-6er in the NHL some day.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Matej Blumel just scored, extending his goal-streak to 3 games — 4 if you include his time with the Czech National Team. He was promoted from the 3rd line to the 1st line for today's game.

7 goals, 14 points in less than 23 games in the top Czech league. I really think he'll be a no-nonsense bottom-6er in the NHL some day.

I remember thinking his scouting report sounded intriguing when we drafted him.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Skyler Brind’Amour picked up 1G 1A last night vs AIC. Gives him 1G 2A - 7GP on the year. Also he’s 64% on draws. Definitely a strong area of his game.

He has less hype, but still a solid prospect in our system. Absolute ceiling is 4C in my eyes though.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Skyler Brind’Amour picked up 1G 1A last night vs AIC. Gives him 1G 2A - 7GP on the year. Also he’s 64% on draws. Definitely a strong area of his game.

He has less hype, but still a solid prospect in our system. Absolute ceiling is 4C in my eyes though.

How is his skating?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I'd say #4C is highly doubtful.

4th line guys still put up offense in college/junior. A guy like Khaira had double Brind'Amour's production at a younger age.

Guys with Brind'Amour's numbers usually struggle to even make it in the AHL.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I don't really see him getting any playtime unless one of Larsson, Barrie and Bear are injured long term.
Agree with this, but Larsson gets injured a fair amount and most D squads have regular injuries, so I'd say hes good for 20 to 25 games as an injury fill in

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Agree with this, but Larsson gets injured a fair amount and most D squads have regular injuries, so I'd say hes good for 20 to 25 games as an injury fill in

This seems about right. You gotta figure that there will be more injuries this year than other years, and we will likely have some COVID cases on the team as well. So Bouchard playing half the games wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I don't really see him getting any playtime unless one of Larsson, Barrie and Bear are injured long term.

Larsson is inconsistent at best with nagging injuries. Only effective when playing extremely physical...

Barrie has serious question marks defensively.

Bear has to be all nimbly pimbly to avoid a soft more slump.

Bouchard also plays the left side fairly well by accounts.

I feel Bouchard will likely play 75% of this season on the Edmonton Oilers. Between injuries and the wide belief he is nhl ready he could also just steal a job from someone.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Larsson is inconsistent at best with nagging injuries. Only effective when playing extremely physical...

Barrie has serious question marks defensively.

Bear has to be all nimbly pimbly to avoid a soft more slump.

Bouchard also plays the left side fairly well by accounts.

I feel Bouchard will likely play 75% of this season on the Edmonton Oilers. Between injuries and the wide belief he is nhl ready he could also just steal a job from someone.
He hasn't shown to be ready yet. He would have to heavily impress. He won't make the starting lineup but could later in the year

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You sure like speaking in absolutes, how do you know he’s not ready?
I didn't say he wasn't. I said he hasn't shown he is ready. There is no preseason games this year for him to prove and earn a spot against the vets. Which is unfortunate, but he will get a shot when someone goes down to injury. In a normal year I think 100% he could push his way in with pre season games, but without that I don't see many non waiver guys pushing their way on league wide. It's not him specifically, but he hasn't forced his way in yet and the fact Tippett didn't really give him a shot in the camp for play ins and he did Broberg, shows he needs to show more to the coaching staff which he can do, but not in time for opening night

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I didn't say he wasn't. I said he hasn't shown he is ready. There is no preseason games this year for him to prove and earn a spot against the vets. Which is unfortunate, but he will get a shot when someone goes down to injury. In a normal year I think 100% he could push his way in with pre season games, but without that I don't see many non waiver guys pushing their way on league wide. It's not him specifically, but he hasn't forced his way in yet and the fact Tippett didn't really give him a shot in the camp for play ins and he did Broberg, shows he needs to show more to the coaching staff which he can do, but not in time for opening night
“He won’t make the starting lineup”

broberg got the game against the flames over bouchard to give him some NHL experience

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
“He won’t make the starting lineup”

broberg got the game against the flames over bouchard to give him some NHL experience
Yes I'm pretty confident that no raw rookie is making starting lineup out of the gate due to the lack of pre season games, with a shorter camp. Coaches league wide are going to lean a bit towards vets to start.
I don't know why that's a ridiculous statement. He also plays on the right where is is 4 on the depth chart on that side and would be 4 on the left side too right now.
I don't know why you are so upset with that as a statement.

You really going to say that a guy who hasnt played an NHL game since his draft +1 is going to make the team out of camp without a single pre season game.

I could see him on the taxi squad and training with the team instead of the AHL if he shows well in camp where he may get a shot a little bit into the season. Tippet has to work in a bunch of new players into the lineup as is with no preseason adding a raw rookie to that I just don't see him doing that

Last edited:
Reactions: B33K33PING

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yes I'm pretty confident that no raw rookie is making starting lineup out of the gate due to the lack of pre season games, with a shorter camp. Coaches league wide are going to lean a bit towards vets to start.
I don't know why that's a ridiculous statement. He also plays on the right where is is 4 on the depth chart on that side and would be 4 on the left side too right now.
I don't know why you are so upset with that as a statement.

You really going to say that a guy who hasnt played an NHL game since his draft +1 is going to make the team out of camp without a single pre season game.

I could see him on the taxi squad and training with the team instead of the AHL if he shows well in camp where he may get a shot a little bit into the season. Tippet has to work in a bunch of new players into the lineup as is with no preseason adding a raw rookie to that I just don't see him doing that
He plays both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad