Speculation: 2019/20 NHL trade deadline thread (rumors, ideas, & deals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
OK, whatever, you believe he is a good player, and keep believing that. maybe some day it will come true. For the the Hawks sake, I hope it does, but I certainly don't see it right now. He sucks.

Where did I say that?

I think he has the potential to be a good player and is still a work in progress. He certainly does not suck.

Shall we drop this as we will not agree?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Where did I say that?

I think he has the potential to be a good player and is still a work in progress. He certainly does not suck.
Dude has 8pts in his last 34GP. Doesn't provide great D, isn't physical, and turns the puck over quite often.

What exactly is he good at? He's a good skater......I got nothing else.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He doesn't "suck" and he's still only 21... with a whopping 71 NHL games played. But yeah, people should be giving up on him... :eyeroll:

It is the HF Boards way (not typically Hawkaholic though).

Dude has 8pts in his last 34GP. Doesn't provide great D, isn't physical, and turns the puck over quite often.

What exactly is he good at? He's a good skater......I got nothing else.

He has a good shot, is a solid passer, and plays good D.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He doesn't "suck" and he's still only 21... with a whopping 71 NHL games played. But yeah, people should be giving up on him... :eyeroll:
I've rarely ever have given up on a young player, at least one where I have seen something from. I never said you should be giving up on him, but I am.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I want no part of AA. For all the things we complain about like soft play, no checking and inconsistent effort, he brings exactly those components. He's a poster child for that.

Great he's fast, so was Perilini. AA is better but I don't think he can contribute to winning hockey. Id rather be patient with Strome then.

Imo the only way we should trade Strome (or Brinks fro that matter) is if we get A) a proven worker/defensively capable forward or B) a young two way dman.

Reactions: d rake

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Shot? He needs to use it more.
Passing? He has 17 giveaways total so clearly you are wrong on this.
He is a solid to good defensive player.
Yeah, a good shot doesn't do you any good if you don't know when to use it. (lacks hockey IQ ;) )
His giveaways are 2nd most /TOI out of all the forwards.
Disagree

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
And I'd say the same to you if you believe he hasn't sucked.

I've never given my stance, though. ;)

I think he's young, and needs to develop more. I think he has shown flashes of being a very good player. Or do you not remember the first 10-12 games where everyone was commenting about how good he looked, both offensively, and defensively? I can also admit that he has looked underwhelming at times, and has even sucked at times. Toews sucked through the first 15-20 games of the season too. Inconsistency is typical for young players still trying to develop, though. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on a 21 year old, with obvious talent, after less than a full season of NHL games. Particularly with the piss-poor way he was handled in Buffalo. You are. No skin off my back.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I've never given my stance, though. ;)

I think he's young, and needs to develop more. I think he has shown flashes of being a very good player. Or do you not remember the first 10-12 games where everyone was commenting about how good he looked, both offensively, and defensively? I can also admit that he has looked underwhelming at times, and has even sucked at times. Toews sucked through the first 15-20 games of the season too. Inconsistency is typical for young players still trying to develop, though. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on a 21 year old, with obvious talent, after less than a full season of NHL games. Particularly with the piss-poor way he was handled in Buffalo. You are. No skin off my back.
I did say *if that's your belief ;)

And that's fair, I like to see progression in young players, not complete regression. To me, he hasn't show much of anything in 40 games now, since his decent start to the year. Dach has shown exceptional progression, same with Boqvist, even KK. If he had proven something before his regression (like Cat or Strome) I'd have more leniency with him. But he has shown very little in his time in the NHL.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, a good shot doesn't do you any good if you don't know when to use it. (lacks hockey IQ ;) )
His giveaways are 2nd most /TOI out of all the forwards.
Disagree

There is a big difference between knowing when to use it and having the confidence to do so. Confidence is the issue not IQ.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There is a big difference between knowing when to use it and having the confidence to do so. Confidence is the issue not IQ.
To me, he's not putting himself in good spots to create a SOG. I don't see it as a confidence issue, more of an unwilling issue.

Anyway, I'm done talking about Nylander.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I am more than fine agreeing to disagree.
Me too. My belief is that there's plenty of tools there. It's obvious why they traded for him. He has to put in the work, both in practice and during games. There's evidence that he's putting work in during practice, but he has to have the drive to do it during the game. It could be that he's squeezing the stick really tightly at the moment.

I understand if people believe that he has an attitude problem, giving up on him now. I think it's more of a confidence issue. I've been there and sometimes confidence issues appear like lack of effort because belief in the process is wavering. You ask yourself "Am I just not good enough? "

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Me too. My belief is that there's plenty of tools there. It's obvious why they traded for him. He has to put in the work, both in practice and during games. There's evidence that he's putting work in during practice, but he has to have the drive to do it during the game. It could be that he's squeezing the stick really tightly at the moment.

I understand if people believe that he has an attitude problem, giving up on him now. I think it's more of a confidence issue. I've been there and sometimes confidence issues appear like lack of effort because belief in the process is wavering. You ask yourself "Am I just not good enough? "

You could also say, it is obvious why Buffalo moved on from him. A few seasons of what we have seen this season. Floating, long disinterested periods, etc. And here he has had no worry about getting sent down like in Buff which is where they said he had his attitude problem. Here we need bodies and he just mails it in most of the time. No worry about having to stick where Dach at 18yo has shown his worth and willingness to learn and perform.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Haha, that's how I live my daily life.

Reactions: Race Bannon

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I hope they trade one or both goalies away, and Gus. Please keep Saad. Re-sign one of Crawford/Lehner as a UFA in the off-season.

What a disappointment of a season this has been. I’ve drastically overestimated that talent on this roster and JC’s coaching abilities.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I hope they trade one or both goalies away, and Gus. Please keep Saad. Re-sign one of Crawford/Lehner as a UFA in the off-season.

What a disappointment of a season this has been. I’ve drastically overestimated that talent on this roster and JC’s coaching abilities.

Seriously, there are only two things I feel very good about after this season.

1. Kirby Dach
2. Adam Boqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad