Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season officially suspended due to COVID-19

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
20% might be a bit optimistic. For instance, anybody really think the US cases are at 9k? As opposed to literally everywhere and people simply don’t know they have it?

Just because the confirmed cases keeping increasing doesn’t necessarily mean it’s spreading faster (it is possible though) as opposed to people simply getting tested and being confirmed.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that the actual number is significantly higher across the world than we’ll ever know because of simply recovering without testing.
I'm curious now, as my entire family was sick from about Christmas through Feb 1 with all the same symptoms. Its likely been here since about Christmastime, if not a bit earlier. This shit isn't going away for a long time, and the complete mishandling of it by the government means its going to get way worse, and people will die.

A lot of people point to China and say "hey, they're opening things back up!" but fail to realize the steps they took from the end of December onward - no travel, no movement unless to grocery stores, they retrofitted robots to disinfect neighborhoods, they had the military delivering meals to the infected. That'll never happen here.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I'm curious now, as my entire family was sick from about Christmas through Feb 1 with all the same symptoms. Its likely been here since about Christmastime, if not a bit earlier. This shit isn't going away for a long time, and the complete mishandling of it by the government means its going to get way worse, and people will die.

A lot of people point to China and say "hey, they're opening things back up!" but fail to realize the steps they took from the end of December onward - no travel, no movement unless to grocery stores, they retrofitted robots to disinfect neighborhoods, they had the military delivering meals to the infected. That'll never happen here.

China as a country is a mess. There is zero chance they don’t have more infected than officially reported. They are reopening everything to posture and show a sign of strength while the rest of the world is weak (caused by the virus).

China holds a lot of cards in their hands (manufacturing and shipping to the rest of the world) and governments are fearful that they will leverage that against them. Governments are fearful of this isolation and economic depression will lead to war.

The government has been leading the country into a slow lockdown as a means to move assets and to prevent mass panic (violent desperation).

Leaving grocery stores, pharmacies etc open makes lockdown pointless. People will simply get infected there and take it home with them. Needs to be a total lockdown with martial law in affect for a few weeks. Nobody goes anywhere and this, can’t catch and spread it.

Expect a Shelter In Place order to go into affect sometime next week.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
China as a country is a mess. There is zero chance they don’t have more infected than officially reported. They are reopening everything to posture and show a sign of strength while the rest of the world is weak (caused by the virus).

China holds a lot of cards in their hands (manufacturing and shipping to the rest of the world) and governments are fearful that they will leverage that against them. Governments are fearful of this isolation and economic depression will lead to war.

The government has been leading the country into a slow lockdown as a means to move assets and to prevent mass panic (violent desperation).

Leaving grocery stores, pharmacies etc open makes lockdown pointless. People will simply get infected there and take it home with them. Needs to be a total lockdown with martial law in affect for a few weeks. Nobody goes anywhere and this, can’t catch and spread it.

We're not doing martial law. I've looked up instances where it happens internationally and it's more about making sure that the people in power stay there.

Martial law in the United States - Wikipedia

Now, if we did Freedom+ ...

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Extrapolating numbers and death rates has left a lot of doctors and CDC officials to believe they're close, if not accurate from China. I think they quickly hit a "oh shit we can't stop this" point and opened up to the world about it. I don't see how this would lead to war necessarily, China has no desire to enter in a war, the economy is already in a recession from this. The US is likely going into one now, and I think a lot of discussions revolving around bringing more food production and manufacturing home will start to take place. Lockdown isn't pointless and yes, a few people will break the rules which is still terrible, but to pretend that it won't have significant effect on the spread of the virus is simply false.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Extrapolating numbers and death rates has left a lot of doctors and CDC officials to believe they're close, if not accurate from China. I think they quickly hit a "oh shit we can't stop this" point and opened up to the world about it. I don't see how this would lead to war necessarily, China has no desire to enter in a war, the economy is already in a recession from this. The US is likely going into one now, and I think a lot of discussions revolving around bringing more food production and manufacturing home will start to take place. Lockdown isn't pointless and yes, a few people will break the rules which is still terrible, but to pretend that it won't have significant effect on the spread of the virus is simply false.
There's an iffy theory that wars are good for the economy. I think if unemployment and GDP are still concerning after we're done sheltering in place, then there might be an argument to fight whichever bad man we land on after we spin the wheel.

It's not morally right, but that's politics bby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Still All In

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
We're not doing martial law. I've looked up instances where it happens internationally and it's more about making sure that the people in power stay there.

Martial law in the United States - Wikipedia

Now, if we did Freedom+ ...

It’d be more to force people to stay in their homes than anything else. They’ve been preparing for the possibility of enacting it.

The lying about numbers or letting people spread it around the world wouldn’t be more than an argument. Having each country isolated from one another whilst every economy goes to shit would. WWI and WWII were caused largely by those reasons (but not entirely those reasons).

When countries produce goods and are forced to keep it in-house as opposed to trade with other countries, that’s where the conflicts occur.

Imagine China hoarding all the pharmaceuticals that they produce from the rest of the world? Imagine tens of millions of people not receiving their life saving medication because China refuses to trade anymore? People would be desperate and demand action.

Not saying war is likely (far from it), but it is definitely on the back of governments minds.

There's an iffy theory that wars are good for the economy. I think if unemployment and GDP are still concerning after we're done sheltering in place, then there might be an argument to fight whichever bad man we land on after we spin the wheel.

It's not morally right, but that's politics bby.

It’s far from morally right, but there’s a number of people who believe wars are a good method of jumpstarting an economy.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
9Pi6EcL.jpg

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

china says a lot of shit... they still lying daily and its hurt the world... china virus started six weeks ago by my numbers from european countries but when iran is saying usa made it italy made it stuff china saying same get why we coining it now too....

was an oct thing going around DO not think was this... nov it seems this started if you look at fish market story and kinda trust that which i actually do..... so you coulda had..i had pneumonia im 100% dad died jan 6th gonna share a link

just look at the lungs the time frame etc... this has been verified it fits all my scenarios etc.. ny 45k cases 10k positives i said they were in a total mess cause talked to high up people i know etc... now that pans out so far etc... i dont like being right on things esp this its sad as hell....

but ya common sense says if had in nov at market and others had same time not at market it was going around world already a long time before we started saying what in the hell is going on.... china lied its not bad its the flu etc... blah.... here is article should read or at least see how much this attacked lungs

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients — ProPublica

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
About This Story above wasnt looking for this just knew it by study

The medical details in this story were vetted by an infectious disease doctor, a cardiologist and an internist at three different hospitals. All of the information about ARDS, the condition that the respiratory therapist describes, was fact-checked against peer-reviewed articles and UpToDate, a resource for physicians to check current standards in care, clinical features, and expected complications and outcomes.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The NHL is leaning on games from the past decade.

It might make sense to promote and show some games played by the legends we hear about but most of us have never seen. Orr, Howe, etc. Even Gretzky retired 20 years ago. Not retrospectives. Not highlight shows. Full games of them at their best.

They also tended to play with some pretty good teammates. Espo, Bucyk, Cheevers, Kurri, Messier, Coffey, Abel, Lindsay, etc.

It might be difficult to get full games from Howe's prime, but you get my meaning.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The NHL is leaning on games from the past decade.

It might make sense to promote and show some games played by the legends we hear about but most of us have never seen. Orr, Howe, etc. Even Gretzky retired 20 years ago. Not retrospectives. Not highlight shows. Full games of them at their best.

They also tended to play with some pretty good teammates. Espo, Bucyk, Cheevers, Kurri, Messier, Coffey, Abel, Lindsay, etc.

It might be difficult to get full games from Howe's prime, but you get my meaning.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The EA servers prematurely ended the JT Brown - Wedgewall game.

I haven't played an EA NHL game this console generation, but I basically gave up on them years ago because their server situation was so bad. I see it's still like that.

Reactions: Still All In

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The EA servers prematurely ended the JT Brown - Wedgewall game.

I haven't played an EA NHL game this console generation, but I basically gave up on them years ago because their server situation was so bad. I see it's still like that.
EA games have terrible servers, whether it's NHL or Battlefield or whatever. Although I don't think their NHL games' biggest issue is the servers, but rather their horrendous AI.

EASHL is such a fun game mode with no AI players but HUT is just unplayable.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
EA games have terrible servers, whether it's NHL or Battlefield or whatever. Although I don't think their NHL games' biggest issue is the servers, but rather their horrendous AI.

EASHL is such a fun game mode with no AI players but HUT is just unplayable.
I figured that the AI is tuned for casual players who don't know where they're supposed to be and just want to skate around and hit things.

Back when I played the games on the 360, I noticed that they'd double up on spot where I was, which makes sense if I'm never committing to defense and just always chasing the puck carrier.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I figured that the AI is tuned for casual players who don't know where they're supposed to be and just want to skate around and hit things.

Back when I played the games on the 360, I noticed that they'd double up on spot where I was, which makes sense if I'm never committing to defense and just always chasing the puck carrier.
I don't think it's even that, they're just programmed so horribly. They make plays like try to clear the puck through their own net because they don't realize it's in the way. Search "2BC AI" on Youtube and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't think it's even that, they're just programmed so horribly. They make plays like try to clear the puck through their own net because they don't realize it's in the way. Search "2BC AI" on Youtube and you'll know what I'm talking about.
I haven't played an EA NHL game in like 5-6 years. It seems like they've made changes. Poke checks are punished now, old cheese goals are gone, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad