Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season officially suspended due to COVID-19

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Then get your mind right and treat those round robin games as playoff games. It’s all just mental games. Find ways to motivate yourself. It’s incredible to me that this is an excuse for not being ready to play.

That's the thing though, there shouldn't be round robin or play in games. It seems like they preferred a 16 team field from the start with everyone on the same playing field to begin with. There's no reason to go all out in those games just to go from a 2 seed to a 1. They wouldn't have played a competitive game in 3 months, those round robin games will be like preseason with guys just trying to get their legs back. If you lose you lose but you still get another chance so no need to go balls to the wall each game. The play in one's you don't have that option unless you want to go home.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
That's the thing though, there shouldn't be round robin or play in games. It seems like they preferred a 16 team field from the start with everyone on the same playing field to begin with. There's no reason to go all out in those games just to go from a 2 seed to a 1. They wouldn't have played a competitive game in 3 months, those round robin games will be like preseason with guys just trying to get their legs back. If you lose you lose but you still get another chance so no need to go balls to the wall each game. The play in one's you don't have that option unless you want to go home.
So they would rather be in elimination games right away and risk missing the playoffs in a best of 3 series? Either way you look at it you can search for negatives. Every team is going to be dealing with this different format and can find something to complain about.

Edit: I see what your saying they would prefer a different format but then you got teams bitching they had a chance to make the playoffs but didn’t play as many games so fall out of contention. It’s a how to make everyone happy or no hockey comes back.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Killer on the vote:
"The only problem I have with that format is that the top teams that have a bye, I don't know how competitive their games will be going forward where as the teams in the bottom will be playing playoff games right away and potentially be more prepared for the "real" playoffs when the bye-in happens. But like I said, there's not going to be any way to do this that satisfies everyone. We're just going to try to make this as fair as possible. Whatever it is, we're gonna have to find a way to play with it."
"It's going to be tough being away. We don't know how long we're going to be away. We're going to be somewhere that's foreign, but like I said, no one's going to be comfortable in this situation, it's just you don't know how many chances you're going to get at winning this thing. Especially when you have a team that you think can compete for it, so you're willing to make whatever sacrifices you need to do that."

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
I like the round robin idea for the top 4 teams let's them get ready for the next team and not get a full rest like how a certain team gets swept they get like 7 days off til next series.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I think Florida's systematic attempts at suppressing COVID numbers is what did them in.

Also, the NBA will be at Disney WWOS apparently. Maybe too close.
Do you me the lady who was fired and falsified her credentials/job role and lied about her story to the media who ran with spreading fake news before verifying her information was indeed correct and her she was actually a lead researcher or medical professional not someone paid to type in numbers.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Do you me the lady who was fired and falsified her credentials/job role and lied about her story to the media who ran with spreading fake news before verifying her information was indeed correct and her she was actually a lead researcher or medical professional not someone paid to type in numbers.
There's been issues, although the data curator story (even with what we think we know now) hit at the wrong time.

Apr 29
Florida medical examiners were releasing coronavirus death data. The state made them stop.

May 19
CDC, Florida report vastly different coronavirus testing numbers

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
There are isssues with every part of this. Hospitals and coroners are reporting deaths as Covid19 when they are not dying on covid 19. My 91 year old Uncle died of stage 4 lung cancer after battling it for four years and had part of his lung removed. He died in his sleep. His family was asked if he could be tested for covid. They said no, but it was officially listed as dying of covid. He was not listed as dying of a 4 year battle with stage 4 lung cancer. He out lived the prognosis he was given by 3 years. Covid is serious, but medical facilities are classifying deaths are covid to get funding. The deaths are sad, but the infection rate and death rate are no where near what was sold to the American People. I think social distancing had some impact and closing everything down. If you are scared and want to shelter in place, by all means do that. If you want to go out and make a living, you should have the right to work. The media spreads so much disinformation on all networks to get people angry and scared. I want everyone to do what makes they feel safe, but I want only real facts being spread by the media and the powers that be on both sides of the political aisle.

Reactions: Shoresy Snipes

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
There's been some questionable stuff but it feels like every state's and country's numbers has issues for some reason or another. Imperfect data is everywhere and it's not necessarily anyone's fault. I don't like how people extrapolate that taking away a column of data with questionable value such as when symptoms started means that somehow Florida is hiding thousands of cases and deaths. That's a massive stretch. We would know if way more people were sick or dying just from the hospitals and funeral homes, regardless of what numbers were being reported.

Anyhow, that's not why we lost the hub city bid. According to Erlendsson, Amalie Arena just didn't have enough locker rooms to host that many teams when they decided to go with only 2 hub cities instead of 4.

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
This is what I don't understand--why the delay. They won't start training camps for 45 days--and that's the earliest date I've seen now of July 13th.

I understand the need for safety, testing and all these other things that appease people, but they are missing their window to produce some really big ratings in the US. If they could have started by late June/early July they would have likely been only major NA sport playing. We saw with the golf people will tune in--but me complaining doesn't change it.

I really wonder if come mid-July the bubbles will even be necessary. The euro soccer leagues will all restart by mid-June playing home and away games.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
It takes a few weeks to set up the Chicago outdoor game.
200.gif

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If they drop to 4 seed they likely get a tough matchup with Pittsburgh first followed by the Bruins/Leafs/Jackets. Yikes. That should be motivation enough. Would be nicer to just stay as 2nd seed tbh, that half of the bracket looks easier. Unless the whole thing just gets reseeded? I don't know the particulars.
Looks like I got my answer:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->