Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season officially suspended due to COVID-19

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It's one of the worst thing of "my" quarantine.
Because there're many people that still continue to go to work. In every sector: pharmacies, food stores....but also shops like Sephora. One of my friend, for example, is still continue to work for Amazon.
It's not a quarantine like the China did (with great results, in particular in the Hubei region).
Consider that I've to add this problem with the fact that many italians are completely idiot. Because they continue to do what they want (here I cannot talk about politicians...but here there's one of them that, yesterday, has not done what the government said).

About the virus, the only thing we could do is pay attention at what our governments said. And pray for a cure/vaccine/solution.

I make drinking water so I'm going to have to be a work no matter if everything shuts down

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It's one of the worst thing of "my" quarantine.
Because there're many people that still continue to go to work. In every sector: pharmacies, food stores....but also shops like Sephora. One of my friend, for example, is still continue to work for Amazon.
It's not a quarantine like the China did (with great results, in particular in the Hubei region).
Consider that I've to add this problem with the fact that many italians are completely idiot. Because they continue to do what they want (here I cannot talk about politicians...but here there's one of them that, yesterday, has not done what the government said).

About the virus, the only thing we could do is pay attention at what our governments said. And pray for a cure/vaccine/solution.

well we are a year away from a cure/vaccine/solution. I think it's just going to run it's course through the population probably 30 to 50 % well get it before it dies out.

All we can do is hope to slow the curve down a bit in what we are doing shutting places down. One thing that does not shut down is bills many in America won't get paid during these shutdowns.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
well we are a year away from a cure/vaccine/solution. I think it's just going to run it's course through the population probably 30 to 50 % well get it before it dies out.

All we can do is hope to slow the curve down a bit in what we are doing shutting places down. One thing that does not shut down is bills many in America won't get paid during these shutdowns.

How long do you think it'll be before we get back to normal? Because if you think 30-50% of the US population gets hit you're looking at 115-190M people. Let's just say 40% or roughly 150M get this virus. There is currently less than 5k cases in the US, so a long way to go to get to your estimate. To get to 150M in a year from now 410k a day would need to become infected. That's just an insane amount of people and if we are getting that high new cases a day this lockdown won't be lifted.

It's more likely 3-5% get this, which is 11-19M. The Flu hits roughly 10-15% of the population depending on the season. To even get to that 11+ million mark we will need to see huge spikes in numbers. If we start seeing those expected spikes it's going to look bad considering we are on lockdown now with very small spikes. How are we going to lift this ban when we will need to be having 60k new cases a day? I get wanting to limit the spread but this thing is out there and it's going to get around. I don't see why we need to be shutdown though.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
How long do you think it'll be before we get back to normal? Because if you think 30-50% of the US population gets hit you're looking at 115-190M people. Let's just say 40% or roughly 150M get this virus. There is currently less than 5k cases in the US, so a long way to go to get to your estimate. To get to 150M in a year from now 410k a day would need to become infected. That's just an insane amount of people and if we are getting that high new cases a day this lockdown won't be lifted.

It's more likely 3-5% get this, which is 11-19M. The Flu hits roughly 10-15% of the population depending on the season. To even get to that 11+ million mark we will need to see huge spikes in numbers. If we start seeing those expected spikes it's going to look bad considering we are on lockdown now with very small spikes. How are we going to lift this ban when we will need to be having 60k new cases a day? I get wanting to limit the spread but this thing is out there and it's going to get around. I don't see why we need to be shutdown though.
Spread seems to be exponential though. Numbers will be high in no time (without interference, “flattening of the curve”), see Italy: They went from a few hundred cases two weeks ago to 28k today (cumulated number of cases mind you). If that rate continues (big if, as Italy is now in shutdown and getting help from all around the globe) they’d be looking at 1.6 million sick in two weeks from today and 89.6 million in four weeks. Joke’s on you, corona, though as there are only 60 million people in Italy.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

More than likely the hunkering down is just mitigation. Best of a bunch of bad options.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Spread seems to be exponential though. Numbers will be high in no time (without interference, “flattening of the curve”), see Italy: They went from a few hundred cases two weeks ago to 28k today (cumulated number of cases mind you). If that rate continues (big if, as Italy is now in shutdown and getting help from all around the globe) they’d be looking at 1.6 million sick in two weeks from today and 89.6 million in four weeks (joke’s on you, corona, there are only 60 million people in Italy).
I'd mention that it'd be a rolling total, the early cases would be recovered, etc. Not everyone would be on the shelf at the same time.

Reactions: Hoek

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'd mention that it'd be a rolling total, the early cases would be recovered, etc. Not everyone would be on the shelf at the same time.
Yeah that’s what everyone has to keep in mind. Out of all the [insert number of infected] the majority will come out living and having suffered only mild symptoms. Only a fraction will die. Mortality rate still differs extremely from country to country though so it’s hard to predict (same for spreading rates). Up to today Germany has a mortality rate of 0.2% while Italy has 7.8%. Spain has 3.6%, France 2.2%, South Korea 0.9% etc. At the same time we don’t know how each country, hell each county or even city district determines a confirmed case of “infected” or even “deceased due to the virus”. In many places they don’t have the resources and capacity to conduct proper testing... let alone conclusive post mortem testing.

Reactions: Felonious Python

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah that’s what everyone has to keep in mind. Out of all the [insert number of infected] the majority will come out living and having suffered only mild symptoms. Only a fraction will die. Mortality rate still differs extremely from country to country though so it’s hard to predict (same for spreading rates). Up to today Germany has a mortality rate of 0.2% while Italy has 7.8%. Spain has 3.6%, France 2.2%, South Korea 0.9% etc. At the same time we don’t know how each country, hell each county or even city district determines a confirmed case of “infected” or even “deceased due to the virus”. In many places they don’t have the resources and capacity to conduct proper testing... let alone conclusive post mortem testing.
Canada's mortality rate is 0.8% as of right now. Our rates here are going up quite a bit, and its basically in the heavily populated parts of Canada.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Night clubs and bars in Florida shutting down starting today for 30 days. Restaurants are demanded to go to half capacity and spread out patrons. Groups of 10 or more will not be allowed at the local beaches.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

The salaries and the economy are for sure one of the biggest problem we'll have to face now and after this emergency.
You're right about the curve...and it depends on what the people do in these days. In Italy, right now, we still have many idiots and so, the peak, has not arrived yet.
In your country, I've seen a couple of pics about the Clearwater beach...and so it's not very positive about the next days...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Spread seems to be exponential though. Numbers will be high in no time (without interference, “flattening of the curve”), see Italy: They went from a few hundred cases two weeks ago to 28k today (cumulated number of cases mind you). If that rate continues (big if, as Italy is now in shutdown and getting help from all around the globe) they’d be looking at 1.6 million sick in two weeks from today and 89.6 million in four weeks. Joke’s on you, corona, though as there are only 60 million people in Italy.

One month ago, February 17th, Italy had 3 confirmed cases. Today they have 31,506, last time I checked. In a 30 day period they went up over 30k, so just over 1k a day. They didn't have their 4the case till February 22nd, so you can say in just over 3 weeks they had the 31k jump. That brings the daily number closer to 1400 a day. Yesterday they had a 12% growth with over 3k cases, in the month since it broke out they had three days over 3k, three over 2k and the rest under. So I can't see there being enough growth to get to 1.6M.

Just look at China where they had just 21 new cases yesterday. Their total is only 80k and they are the epicenter of this. They have completely stopped the spread and I heard reports that they are back to manufacturing again. So it would seem the lockdown is almost over. China has 3x if not more people than in the US and got this under control rather quickly. I just can't see this lockdown being for months. The new cases will be high in the next week to two with all the new tests being done but the death rate should be coming down. The latest reports have the majority of the new cases being mild with very few severe. I am using the Worldometer by the way. Large cities might need more time but for most in Florida we should be able to be back on the beach by April 1st.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
One month ago, February 17th, Italy had 3 confirmed cases. Today they have 31,506, last time I checked. In a 30 day period they went up over 30k, so just over 1k a day. They didn't have their 4the case till February 22nd, so you can say in just over 3 weeks they had the 31k jump. That brings the daily number closer to 1400 a day. Yesterday they had a 12% growth with over 3k cases, in the month since it broke out they had three days over 3k, three over 2k and the rest under. So I can't see there being enough growth to get to 1.6M.

Just look at China where they had just 21 new cases yesterday. Their total is only 80k and they are the epicenter of this. They have completely stopped the spread and I heard reports that they are back to manufacturing again. So it would seem the lockdown is almost over. China has 3x if not more people than in the US and got this under control rather quickly. I just can't see this lockdown being for months. The new cases will be high in the next week to two with all the new tests being done but the death rate should be coming down. The latest reports have the majority of the new cases being mild with very few severe. I am using the Worldometer by the way. Large cities might need more time but for most in Florida we should be able to be back on the beach by April 1st.

China did an extreme lockdown however which no Western country will do, even if we all would close the borders, issue quarantine etc. They shot people who went outside and welded doors shut and what else.

The South Korean model is more interesting, as it's more likely to apply for us. They have been doing extensive amounts of testing, tracing and then locally quarantined patients very successfully (so far at least).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

jeez am serious guys please set up ways to keep in touch if want mine please ask will pm .... facebook stopped news article release then are going and deleting my cdc videos from days ago saying its against something or other community guidelines at this point im unsure what the hell is going on.... tom brady coming to the bucs though we got 3 relevant teams here now rays be good lightning gonna cup at some point hope im here for ride ... honestly should be going into full lockdown was decision today to keep us safe if we dont have already :)..... so is that if is spreading in other ways they aint telling us who knows.... i got 4 friends in europe russia areas.. that are missing for 13 days no email back poker buddies they contact me every 3 - 5 days usually

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
China did an extreme lockdown however which no Western country will do, even if we all would close the borders, issue quarantine etc. They shot people who went outside and welded doors shut and what else.

The South Korean model is more interesting, as it's more likely to apply for us. They have been doing extensive amounts of testing, tracing and then locally quarantined patients very successfully (so far at least).

China also lies about things quite often and I don’t believe their numbers one bit.

Reactions: ultra63

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
jeez am serious guys please set up ways to keep in touch if want mine please ask will pm .... facebook stopped news article release then are going and deleting my cdc videos from days ago saying its against something or other community guidelines at this point im unsure what the hell is going on.... tom brady coming to the bucs though we got 3 relevant teams here now rays be good lightning gonna cup at some point hope im here for ride ... honestly should be going into full lockdown was decision today to keep us safe if we dont have already :)..... so is that if is spreading in other ways they aint telling us who knows.... i got 4 friends in europe russia areas.. that are missing for 13 days no email back poker buddies they contact me every 3 - 5 days usually

facebook actually just contaced me saying is a glitch and posts will be back up asap lol

this world smdh

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

This.
Both in Italy and in the other countries, it's impossible to do type of quarantine.
Also because the "look at the new Mussolini" thoughts will be very loud...

If it could be interesting also for you, I want to say that: one of the most important theories we've said that the maximum peak of the infected/day is today, March 18th (or, however, one of these days).
After that, in theory, the famous curve should start to decrease and the situation should be like the China one at the end of April.
It's only a prediction, a theory, of course. Because other doctors said that this pandemic, in Italy, won't last only 3 months...
There're different theories...

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
This.
Both in Italy and in the other countries, it's impossible to do type of quarantine.
Also because the "look at the new Mussolini" thoughts will be very loud...

If it could be interesting also for you, I want to say that: one of the most important theories we've said that the maximum peak of the infected/day is today, March 18th (or, however, one of these days).
After that, in theory, the famous curve should start to decrease and the situation should be like the China one at the end of April.
It's only a prediction, a theory, of course. Because other doctors said that this pandemic, in Italy, won't last only 3 months...
There're different theories...
its happening rate dropped of cases today first time deaths going up more for awhile:(
Italy's coronavirus death toll surges past 2,500 - Live updates

every day as we do things positive things the curve moves ticks down...

Reactions: Fabiobest

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
One politician in Germany said that the current situation could go on for one year or even two. Yeah, if that happens, people will be on the streets rioting.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

The China model isn't going to work here, it's amazing that it's still able to be allowed over there. I looked into the South Korea model and I can't see that working either. They are using credit card activity, surveillance cameras and mobile phone tracking to find people who may have come into contact with someone infected. I can't see that being allowed here as people will call it an invasion of privacy and we don't have the proper amount of surveillance cameras. They also encourage testing at a fee of $134 but waived if you are suspectsusof having it or test positive. People here want everything free, even if it means finding out if they are safe or not they will not want to pay $134.

So we need to find other solutions because unfortunately our country doesn't want to be told what to do. We are beginning to test people who are showing signs and haven't been out of the country, traveled recently or been in contact with someone infected. If their symptoms are mild enough are being sent home to self quarantine. The question then is are these people actually self quarantining themselves for the recommended 14 days? Because there's plenty of people out there who are asymptomatic, haven't traveled, haven't come into contact with a potential infected and are now being punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong. We can limit things to help control the spread but going full lockdown shouldn't be one of them.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The China model isn't going to work here, it's amazing that it's still able to be allowed over there. I looked into the South Korea model and I can't see that working either. They are using credit card activity, surveillance cameras and mobile phone tracking to find people who may have come into contact with someone infected. I can't see that being allowed here as people will call it an invasion of privacy and we don't have the proper amount of surveillance cameras. They also encourage testing at a fee of $134 but waived if you are suspectsusof having it or test positive. People here want everything free, even if it means finding out if they are safe or not they will not want to pay $134.

So we need to find other solutions because unfortunately our country doesn't want to be told what to do. We are beginning to test people who are showing signs and haven't been out of the country, traveled recently or been in contact with someone infected. If their symptoms are mild enough are being sent home to self quarantine. The question then is are these people actually self quarantining themselves for the recommended 14 days? Because there's plenty of people out there who are asymptomatic, haven't traveled, haven't come into contact with a potential infected and are now being punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong. We can limit things to help control the spread but going full lockdown shouldn't be one of them.
This could happen here, in the right package. It'd be shrouded as anonymous 'big data', but they could notify you if you've been regularly visiting a place with people who have tested positive for COVID, etc. If Facebook or Google were behind it, people would cheer.

People are willing to permanently trade freedom for a sense of security.
Which Freedoms Will Americans Trade for Security?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad