Speculation: 2019-20 News/Rumors,Roster thread Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
So we can be anywhere from 1st to 7th. Hoping that either we get called in the first phase (picks 1-3) or Det, Ott & Ott take the first 3 slotS and we get 4th. Otherwise we wait until Phase 2. Correct?

We'll know what pick we have on June 26th, its just that the lottery balls representing teams 8-15 won't be assigned to specific teams during phase 1, they'll just be generic team A, team B..etc.

If one of them is drawn, we'll know that "team A" is ahead of us we just won't know which team that is until after the play-in round.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
This is expected to be another weak draft isn't it?
The top 5 are excellent prospects, the next 3 are close but less complete players, then there is a group of 4 or 5 that are more or less of equal value but in a variety of positions.

After that, similar to most other drafts.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
10 hub cities under consideration to host the playoffs: Vegas, Toronto, Chicago, Columbus, Edmonton, Dallas, L.A., Minnesota, Vancouver and Pittsburgh.

2 cities are supposed to get picked. I think it'd be pretty sweet if it was here. I'll laugh if Edmonton gets picked.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
LA won't get picked. Vegas is a better bet.
The only reason I could see Southern California being in the mix is having three buildings (LA, Anaheim, Ontario) in relatively close proximity.

Vegas has the advantage of abundant hotel rooms and entire floors, or maybe even wing, of the hotel can probably be isolated.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The only reason I could see Southern California being in the mix is having three buildings (LA, Anaheim, Ontario) in relatively close proximity.

Vegas has the advantage of abundant hotel rooms and entire floors, or maybe even wing, of the hotel can probably be isolated.

Truthfully I was surprised to see LA in the mix at all given the city's status as CV hotspot as well as having so many visitors to Staples take the virus with them. If nothing else the optics aren't great.

Reactions: LAKings88

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Vegas makes the most sense of any city based on hotel capacity and centralized locations. I don’t know if they have enough ice in the city to host games, practices and workouts.

Canada/Toronto seems to be a non option due to the immigration restrictions still in place.

Otherwise the list seems to be Vegas, Columbus, and Minnesota from my take.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Vegas makes the most sense of any city based on hotel capacity and centralized locations. I don’t know if they have enough ice in the city to host games, practices and workouts.

Canada/Toronto seems to be a non option due to the immigration restrictions still in place.

Pretty sure Trump lifted those restrictions for athletes last week. I saw a brief mention of it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't know the ice situation in Vegas well, but there is the arena where the Golden Knights play, the MGM, and another arena at a hotel downtown. They may even be able to put a rink in at Thomas Mack arena.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty sure Trump lifted those restrictions for athletes last week. I saw a brief mention of it.

Yep, there was an exemption specifically for athletes

Can you imagine the quality of the ice at Staples in July & August? Gross.

God, remember NJD in the 2012 finals? they said it was like 80 and humid in the building, players were cramping up left and right, etc....:laugh:

Speaking of, miss these

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Yep, there was an exemption specifically for athletes

I know Trump thinks he's King of the United States, but did he annex Canada when I wasn't looking?

God, remember NJD in the 2012 finals? they said it was like 80 and humid in the building, players were cramping up left and right, etc....:laugh:

Speaking of, miss these

Yeah the no fans, no cover up is a good point but I still think the ice will be shit regardless. Not like Vegas would be any better. Would be an interesting experiment to see in action if LA is chosen.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know Trump thinks he's King of the United States, but did he annex Canada when I wasn't looking?

Yeah the no fans, no cover up is a good point but I still think the ice will be shit regardless. Not like Vegas would be any better. Would be an interesting experiment to see in action if LA is chosen.

Given many of the athletes will be home already I'm less worried, but they have a standard 14 day quarantine upon entry...that I'm sure will be reviewed for pro athletes given they're doing a lot to check up.

I agree. Empty building should be colder and LA is dry at least, but it's still a f***ing 100 outside.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Given many of the athletes will be home already I'm less worried, but they have a standard 14 day quarantine upon entry...that I'm sure will be reviewed for pro athletes given they're doing a lot to check up.

I agree. Empty building should be colder and LA is dry at least, but it's still a f***ing 100 outside.
For sure, I'm just saying nothing Trump has done has any bearing on Canada's immigration/entry policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad