Recalled/Assigned: 2019-20 Lightning Roster Transactions

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch play tonight, and we don't play til Thursday. Maybe Bolts are trying to get him in another game before the Rangers one? Because of the trip, he's only played 2 games in the last 12 days
This wasn't it. Volkov wasn't in the lineup tonight. Crunch play again Wednesday.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
To further the above post. There is something very fishy here. I don’t see how they can monkey with the team after how well they played and how they so called “bonded” over in Europe.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Volkov was a -5 with zero points playing with two of our best offensive players. Sure he did some things good but he wasn't getting it done and the top line won't miss him, he isn't ready for that spot yet. Verheaghe could play that position and do the exact same, probably wouldn't be a -5 either. To me it's because Volkov earned a shot with a great camp they wanted to reward him for that but it's clear he needs more time in Syracuse. I wouldn't mind seeing Gourde given Volkov spot because he took the demotion to the 4th line and excelled there and showed he should get another top 6 look. Verheaghe can role into the 4th line or we can go 7D and get Coburn back in.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We have curerntly a roster of 22 players. They are probably happy with the current lineup and roster and want Volkov to play rather than sit in the press box. If need be they can easily call up another player without having to send somebody else down.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Volkov was a -5 with zero points playing with two of our best offensive players. Sure he did some things good but he wasn't getting it done and the top line won't miss him, he isn't ready for that spot yet. Verheaghe could play that position and do the exact same, probably wouldn't be a -5 either. To me it's because Volkov earned a shot with a great camp they wanted to reward him for that but it's clear he needs more time in Syracuse. I wouldn't mind seeing Gourde given Volkov spot because he took the demotion to the 4th line and excelled there and showed he should get another top 6 look. Verheaghe can role into the 4th line or we can go 7D and get Coburn back in.

I just don't see how you monkey with the 4th line after how well they played. Also Gourde and Stamkos have been "meh" over the time they have played together

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I just don't see how you monkey with the 4th line after how well they played. Also Gourde and Stamkos have been "meh" over the time they have played together

It's the 4th line, it's not a big deal. Gourde has shown he deserves to be playing more than 10 minutes a night. Pretty much everyone not names Kucherov is pretty meh playing next to Stamkos, the guy has no ability to elevate his linemates.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would've recalled Martel, he's doing better in Syracuse than Conacher to me and he's much younger with still some potential left.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes Martel obviously doing better that’s why they called Conacher .

They called Conacher because they know nobody is taking him once he gets waived after his stint. Unless he's up for an emergency recall which I didn't see. Martel is 5 years younger, teams will more likely take a flier on him if he's waived over Conacher who everyone knows can't cut it in the NHL for more than a game or two a year.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
They called Conacher because they know nobody is taking him once he gets waived after his stint. Unless he's up for an emergency recall which I didn't see. Martel is 5 years younger, teams will more likely take a flier on him if he's waived over Conacher who everyone knows can't cut it in the NHL for more than a game or two a year.
Nobody is claiming Martel. The key is who gives you the best play right now.

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

source.gif

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Stephens will do well here. His game, speed, hustle, and willingness to forecheck and finish his checks will translate well to the NHL. Just like Joseph, if he isn’t measured by points alone ... fans will like him a lot.
yes very happy he is up he will be the next 200 foot player like cirelli verhaegh etc... he will be better then verhaegh i like v's game and v a lot thought he would be more effective then has been....stephens is complete player to me a guy like say palat just does things overall the correct way and will translate into a good long career

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad