Recalled/Assigned: 2019-20 Lightning Roster Transactions

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Volkov just got sent back down. WHY??!!! He was by far the better one between him and Verhaeghe, not even close actually.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Volkov just got sent back down. WHY??!!! He was by far the better one between him and Verhaeghe, not even close actually.

He isn't ready for the bigs. He had a few good moments but that's really all they were. There's a fine line between working through it and doing so actually negatively affecting development and confidence. It won't hurt anything to send him to Syracuse. And if another Crunch player can come up and contribute more than Volkov then that's what we need to be doing. I have no doubt Volkov will eventually find success but right now this isn't a move I disagree with when we already sent Witkowski back down too.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Sick of hearing this, if he’s not good enough send him down. It seems we are always talking about players getting claimed on waivers and they never do.

Not defending it just saying what I think is going on with them. They have been like this in the past too. They like to factor in the waivers eligibility and they should do that but I agree sometimes you just need to put the better player in. Has Volkov really looked that much better than Verhaege in there though? I dont think we know that the gap is that big so maybe with that in mind they want to give Verhaege a longer look due to his waiver eligibility. They both havent really played all that much to really know for sure who is the better option in my opinion however I also would have liked to see Volkov have a longer cup of coffee.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Not defending it just saying what I think is going on with them. They have been like this in the past too. They like to factor in the waivers eligibility and they should do that but I agree sometimes you just need to put the better player in. Has Volkov really looked that much better than Verhaege in there though? I dont think we know that the gap is that big so maybe with that in mind they want to give Verhaege a longer look due to his waiver eligibility. They both havent really played all that much to really know for sure who is the better option in my opinion however I also would have liked to see Volkov have a longer cup of coffee.
Yes I agree I just find it funny sometimes. Dime a dozen players and people continue to worry about waivers.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch play tonight, and we don't play til Thursday. Maybe Bolts are trying to get him in another game before the Rangers one? Because of the trip, he's only played 2 games in the last 12 days

Last edited:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Crunch play tonight, and we don't play til Thursday. Maybe Bolts are trying to get him in another game before the Rangers one? Because of the trip, he's only played 2 games in the last 12 days
I thought we had a game a Tuesday (I thought that the last time I checked it said Tuesday, but just checked again and obviously I was mistaken).

I know one or two other people have mentioned it, but it seems like we have so much time off this season so far.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Volkov got to play next to Stamkos and Kucherov and couldn't get anything done. Verheaghe hasn't done anything really either but he's been playing mostly on the 4th line. That's a big difference there. Volkov got the call up because of good preseasons not because he's too good for the AHL. He still can't translate that preseason form into ppg type numbers in the A. Verheaghe has done a lot more in the AHL to deserve the chance to stay up over Volkov. As for Conacher it's not worth it, he doesn't give you anything special, isn't great in a 4th line role and is way too important to the Crunch.

Reactions: DaBolts

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Conacher is presently the best player of the three. He would fit nicely on the forth line(unlike the other two), and has done well on that line in the past. Will volkov and Verheaghe eventually be better ? Probably but they aren’t right now.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Volkov got to play next to Stamkos and Kucherov and couldn't get anything done. Verheaghe hasn't done anything really either but he's been playing mostly on the 4th line. That's a big difference there. Volkov got the call up because of good preseasons not because he's too good for the AHL. He still can't translate that preseason form into ppg type numbers in the A. Verheaghe has done a lot more in the AHL to deserve the chance to stay up over Volkov. As for Conacher it's not worth it, he doesn't give you anything special, isn't great in a 4th line role and is way too important to the Crunch.

And Conacher's back checking still sucks IMHO.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
31 Thoughts Podcast said that we offered Volkov for Puljujarvi? Interesting
I wonder if their is any truth to this. Personally, wouldn't like the deal. Only because Pool Party hasn't been playing here, he won't come over unless their is a roster spot, and I don't really think slotting him on the fourth is worth it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
31 Thoughts Podcast said that we offered Volkov for Puljujarvi? Interesting

That was allegedly the ask by the Oilers. Seems like we didn't go for it. I'm glad we didn't. JP has the hockey IQ of a freaking carrot and gets the yips carrying the puck. Everything he does he should've done like 3 seconds ago when he's playing

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Conacher is presently the best player of the three. He would fit nicely on the forth line(unlike the other two), and has done well on that line in the past. Will volkov and Verheaghe eventually be better ? Probably but they aren’t right now.

How can you say that? Last year they were all on the Crunch together and Verheaghe outscored Conacher by 18 points. Conacher hasn't been good in the NHL in a few years and his game hasn't improved since then, there's no way to say he would be better in a 4th line role then either the other two. Verheaghe hasn't been good this year but he's been far from bad either, he's much more defensively sound than Conacher which is what Cooper seems to want which is why Witkowski is gone.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
How can you say that? Last year they were all on the Crunch together and Verheaghe outscored Conacher by 18 points. Conacher hasn't been good in the NHL in a few years and his game hasn't improved since then, there's no way to say he would be better in a 4th line role then either the other two. Verheaghe hasn't been good this year but he's been far from bad either, he's much more defensively sound than Conacher which is what Cooper seems to want which is why Witkowski is gone.
So your scouting is based on points ? In my opinion Conacher has been fine at the NHL level, not a star but a solid depth guy. Verheaghe I really like as a player but as I have said to you for over a year I don’t think he is a forth line player. Conacher is a pest and can perform on a forth line. Conacher has become a very solid defensive player his problem is simply size, if you think Verheaghe is a better defensive player I wonder why Ben has him on the ice on the last minute of every game ? Why is he first over the boards on the penalty kill ? Verheaghe is an offensive player that is pretty soft and not really suited for anything but a scoring role. I actually really like him but I don’t see the fit right now. Volkov still need to play big minutes and put up big numbers in the AHL for him to reach his potential.

PS Witkowski is gone because he’s an AHL player.

PSS. I think what Cooper wants is something they team doesn’t possess right now. A winger that can play heavy while being able to keep up with our uptempo style. I think they are hoping on Volkov but he’s not there yet.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So your scouting is based on points ? In my opinion Conacher has been fine at the NHL level, not a star but a solid depth guy. Verheaghe I really like as a player but as I have said to you for over a year I don’t think he is a forth line player. Conacher is a pest and can perform on a forth line. Conacher has become a very solid defensive player his problem is simply size, if you think Verheaghe is a better defensive player I wonder why Ben has him on the ice on the last minute of every game ? Why is he first over the boards on the penalty kill ? Verheaghe is an offensive player that is pretty soft and not really suited for anything but a scoring role. I actually really like him but I don’t see the fit right now. Volkov still need to play big minutes and put up big numbers in the AHL for him to reach his potential.

PS Witkowski is gone because he’s an AHL player.

PSS. I think what Cooper wants is something they team doesn’t possess right now. A winger that can play heavy while being able to keep up with our uptempo style. I think they are hoping on Volkov but he’s not there yet.

Verheaghe was far better than Conacher last year in just about every aspect, not just the points. I wouldn't say either player is a great defensive player, Conacher is quicker so his forecheck is a bit better, he plays PK because the quickness allows him to get out to the point faster. Ben has him out because he's very reliable and experienced, Verheaghe was out there at the end of games last year too. I agree Verheaghe is better in a offensive role than the 4th line but I don't think Conacher adds anything more either. Agree with Volkov and Witkowski.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Verheaghe was far better than Conacher last year in just about every aspect, not just the points. I wouldn't say either player is a great defensive player, Conacher is quicker so his forecheck is a bit better, he plays PK because the quickness allows him to get out to the point faster. Ben has him out because he's very reliable and experienced, Verheaghe was out there at the end of games last year too. I agree Verheaghe is better in a offensive role than the 4th line but I don't think Conacher adds anything more either. Agree with Volkov and Witkowski.
Verheaghe was better than Conacher in the AHL last year but we are talking about now and what would help the Lightning the most. We are probably just splitting hairs but right now I would take Conacher and his experience on the forth line over Verheaghe.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
This is quite confusing. It’s not that we didn’t want to lose Verhaeghe to waivers. There was no “roster space” issue.

Maybe there is a trade incoming? Maybe Volkov or somebody comes back up for Thursday?

All I know is Verhaeghe is not good enough and is way to slow. He better not crack this roster....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00