Recalled/Assigned: 2019-20 Lightning Roster Transactions

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Haha, pretty sure you're talking Volkov here. I was curious about your thoughts on ABB though.

Oh my bad, I saw now you highlighted the ABB part. Again hard to say because the role he's currently playing he won't be playing in Tampa. He isn't going to be playing top line and 1PP so his minutes will be way down as well as production. I think he can be a bit like Tyler Johnson, without the speed, a really good shot and knows how to get into the open spots to get it off. The issue will be is can a bottom 6 linemate get him the puck in that spot for him to score? In the top 6 the playmaking will get it to him but with better wingers ahead of him he shouldn't see the top 6. Killorn and Gourde aren't even in the top 6 but they have other skills to make them playable in the bottom 6 ABB needs to find something else. I think he can be like Verheaghe if Cooper gives him enough time to adjust, Verheaghe isn't physical nor a great two way player but he does enough to not make those a problem. He offers a lot in the offensive zone so as long as he isn't bleeding goals and chances they keep him in the lineup, I think Barre-Boulet can offer those same qualities.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Stephens has been more impressive than Volkov (and Verhaeghe for that matter) from what I've seen. The offensive touch is still coming around but his game is very complete for a young player.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Volkov didn't get recalled?

Keeping him, and that 2nd rd pick, nice and snug for Toffoli. :sarcasm:

I hear there's a few more things to do in Ontario... California that is. There's plenty more restaurant's. An Olive Garden, In-N-Out Burger, Black Angus Steakhouse (no grass-eaters), Benihana's, Hell... there's even a Hamburger Mary's ALL right across the street from the Toyota Arena. The Apartments are nicer too, especially the ones across the street from the Arena. Their pet policies are kinda strict but as long as it's not a prohibited breed it should be gravy. They have an excellent dog park. The weather's just like here, not Syracuse, and plenty of other dog parks in nearby Rancho Cucamonga as well.

I'm kidding guys.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Keeping him, and that 2nd rd pick, nice and snug for Toffoli. :sarcasm:

I hear there's a few more things to do in Ontario... California that is. There's plenty more restaurant's. An Olive Garden, In-N-Out Burger, Black Angus Steakhouse (no grass-eaters), Benihana's, Hell... there's even a Hamburger Mary's ALL right across the street from the Toyota Arena. The Apartments are nicer too, especially the ones across the street from the Arena. Their pet policies are kinda strict but as long as it's not a prohibited breed it should be gravy. They have an excellent dog park. The weather's just like here, not Syracuse, and plenty of other dog parks in nearby Rancho Cucamonga as well.

I'm kidding guys.

Sounds like he needs to get sent down to Orlando, he can get all those things except In-N-Out burger.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sounds like the call-up isn't going to play, and they want Cal getting games.

I keep going back to the pre-season. Cal didn't look close. I know he's having a strong year, but management might not see him as a guy who's ready. He didn't look ready the last time we saw him, and that was only September.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sounds like they made the right choice if Gaunce may just end up sitting anyway. It doesn't look like the Crunch are making the playoffs so every game counts for Foote at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->