2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I keep thinking NYR because its a big city, big Russian population and of course the Russian players already there ...

I just do no know if the Rangers would be looking at bringing in a Kovalchuk right now. They have expedited the rebuild with Panarin but are at least a year away. If Kovalchuk is still a king next season I could see it.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Not sure if it is bad or not. It is good he is pissed and practicing hard
Don't think it's good since we haven't heard him doing this before in practice. I'd say he's pissed, number 1 goalie not exceeding expectations and all.

member 88115

would you take Toffoli for a first???

didn't think so. a 3rd ?... maaaaaybe
I was plenty happy when LA gave a 1st + for Penner, 2X 2nd rounders for Regehr. Hagelin, who averaged 27 points for seasons got traded for a 3rd. I see Toffoli in a higher tier Plus has a way shot and the new system should help Toffoli offense

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Penner wasn’t a rental though. He spent three seasons with the Kings. A Toffoli type player would be less in demand than a battle tested warrior like Regehr. You can’t compare him and his value to those two trades.

Reactions: Lt Dan

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I just do no know if the Rangers would be looking at bringing in a Kovalchuk right now. They have expedited the rebuild with Panarin but are at least a year away. If Kovalchuk is still a king next season I could see it.

I still think he finds his way back to Uncle Lou.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i think it's a good sign, he's aware of the suck

i think with anything anyone does, you go through stretches where you're just not getting it done but you know you're capable, so you get frustrated.. hopefully he uses that as the impetus to figure out "why" instead of just continuing to suck. wouldn't be the first time we hear of a head case goalie making big changes to revitalize his career

Reactions: YP44

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Penner wasn’t a rental though. He spent three seasons with the Kings. A Toffoli type player would be less in demand than a battle tested warrior like Regehr. You can’t compare him and his value to those two trades.

Sure you can, just look at the Sekera or Lucic trades.. Toffoli is still young and most importantly still has 25-30 goal potential, he'll likley commend a similar salary and for a team like BUF, EDM, NYR..etc.. he could still grow with that youth.. Mind you, this is all under the ass-sumption he continues his productive ways!

member 88115

Penner was not UFA, but was not traded with a contract of 3 seasons either (who signed a one year extension). Regehr was on his last legs and most knew he would retire not far after the trade. The rest is just your opinion, Ziggy. With NHL pushing the offense, Toffoli type players are going to be the ones who will be sough after. 2X rounders for Toffoli is not out of the question, unless he stays at 4 points the rest of the season or gets injured.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Toffoli hasn’t scored in the 25-30 range in five seasons. He’s scored 20+ goals three times in eight years. Lucic and Sekera held more value than Toffoli in the seasons they were dealt. He’ll also be 28 before the end of the season and isn’t getting any faster as he gets older. A team may take a shot at him, but none will be dumb enough to give up a 1st for him.

People who are living on fantasy island think he still holds a lot of value, but realistically, he doesn’t. A second and a B-grade prospect might be the best they could get out of him, unless he performs well beyond expectations somehow.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Toffoli hasn’t scored in the 25-30 range in five seasons. He’s scored 20+ goals three times in eight years. Lucic and Sekera held more value than Toffoli in the seasons they were dealt. He’ll also be 28 before the end of the season and isn’t getting any faster as he gets older. A team may take a shot at him, but none will be dumb enough to give up a 1st for him.

People who are living on fantasy island think he still holds a lot of value, but realistically, he doesn’t. A second and a B-grade prospect might be the best they could get out of him, unless he performs well beyond expectations somehow.

I agree with you on the Lucic and Sekera holding more value when they were aquired. However if Toffoli keeps producing I could see his value going higher. I think a Second and a prospect would be a good return for him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So far Toffoli is showing he’s more engaged, which is what the Kings needed out of him. He needs to be a productive player in order for him to get anything substantial. If he is a 15-goal winger hovering around 30 or so points, would any of you give up prime assets for that? He’s going to be considered a fall back, Plan B or Plan C option for teams who miss out on their prime trade deadline targets.

member 88115

Lucic and Sekeras both had more value than Toffoli, that is why they got more than a 1st rounder. If Blake cant get 2x 2nd rounders for Toffoli, and I was wrong, it's not the end of the world.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Are you sure? NHL GMs...

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

or maybe he knows something is nagging him, that would make sense if he gets mad at himself like that during practice

maybe that groin pull that "healed" through rehab a couple of years ago should have been a surgery

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Are you sure? NHL GMs...
He's sticking to his guns, but if he hits the 20g mark at the TDL..Toffoli will command a 1st+ and GMs will pay it. Pending free agnecy, past performances and fan base opinions mean nothing if a needed piece is performing well and can help your team achieve its goal.. For a team like BUF, EDM or BOS, getting to the POs for the first two is very important for the fan base, players and direction of the club. For a team like the Bruins, Toffoli is another clog in a well oiled machine

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Marcus Johansson was dealt for a 2nd and a 4th.

Wayne Simmonds was dealt for a struggling player in Ryan Hartman and a 4th.

Mark Stone was the big prize at the deadline, going for a top prospect in Erik Brannstrom, a throw in (Oscar Lindberg), and a 2nd.

The Jets traded a 1st and Brendan Lemieux for Kevin Hayes.

The Sharks gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for Gustav Nyquist.

Mats Zuccarello was dealt for conditional 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Ryan Dzingel was dealt for Duclair and two 2nds.

Toffoli isn’t Mark Stone or Kevin Hayes, and Zuccarello and Dzingel were very productive top six forwards when they were moved.

The Kings may luck out with trading Toffoli and get a similar package as what Marcus Johansson or Gustav Nyquist returned at the deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: YP44

member 88115

So what your saying is that Toffoli might get 2X 2nd rounders

Last edited by a moderator:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Production comes at a premium at the deadline.

If Toffoli can trend towards 30 goals, he's getting a first. He'd be a deadly add to a contender where he doesn't have to do anything but cruise in someone's wake and pop in goals...assuming he rediscovers that touch, of course. If not, absolutely, he's getting a 2nd and a project.

Reactions: Ghetty Green
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad