2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Is there an acronym for people complaining about SJWs or is PCASJW too long? I recon we let the SJWs and the PCASJWs settle their differences on Facebook and we'll let the Russians in charge of facebook let us know when it's decided if Voynov can come back.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Is there an acronym for people complaining about SJWs or is PCASJW too long? I recon we let the SJWs and the PCASJWs settle their differences on Facebook and we'll let the Russians in charge of facebook let us know when it's decided if Voynov can come back.
Social Injustice Warriors. And I'd like to know what Latka Gravas thinks about Voynov.

Last edited:

member 88115

If Blake cant get a 1st rounder for Toffoli, he should try get Mattias Samuelsson and 2nd for him from Buffalo. Samuelsson is the son ex Flyer Kjell Samuelsson. Mattias is already 6-4, 223 pounds. He was one of the better defensive prospects in his draft class and looked great in the Summer Showcase

Reactions: kings11

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If Blake cant get a 1st rounder for Toffoli, he should try get Mattias Samuelsson and 2nd for him from Buffalo. Samuelsson is the son ex Flyer Kjell Samuelsson. Mattias is already 6-4, 223 pounds. He was one of the better defensive prospects in his draft class and looked great in the Summer Showcase
prospect and a 2nd would be a good haul

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
In his latest column on The Athletic, Pierre LeBrun brought up Ilya Kovalchuk as a player who could be a prime target at the trade deadline, with most of his salary having been paid off and him only being owed less than $5M in the last year of his contract, calling him a two-year playoff rental.

Reactions: DoktorJeep and YP44

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
In his latest column on The Athletic, Pierre LeBrun brought up Ilya Kovalchuk as a player who could be a prime target at the trade deadline, with most of his salary having been paid off and him only being owed less than $5M in the last year of his contract, calling him a two-year playoff rental.
I'll be shocked if he isnt traded at the deadline

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

would you take Toffoli for a first???

didn't think so. a 3rd ?... maaaaaybe

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

saw that too. Kovalchuk is proving he still has skill. Boston makes a fair bit of sense to me both for Kovalchuk and Toffoli.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
saw that too. Kovalchuk is proving he still has skill. Boston makes a fair bit of sense to me both for Kovalchuk and Toffoli.

"IF" both Kovy and Toffoli keep their current pace, which could happen with our new offense a 1st is very possible.. I like how Butch puts Sloffoli's value at a 3rd, when could get a 2nd for him now.. As you've mentioned BOS is a good option for either as are MTL, CAR, EDM, BUF, PIT are all team that could use extra scoring depth.. Especially EDM and BUF who might actually be on the cusp of the POs, GMs sellout in those situations..

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
"IF" both Kovy and Toffoli keep their current pace, which could happen with our new offense a 1st is very possible.. I like how Butch puts Sloffoli's value at a 3rd, when could get a 2nd for him now.. As you've mentioned BOS is a good option for either as are MTL, CAR, EDM, BUF, PIT are all team that could use extra scoring depth.. Especially EDM and BUF who might actually be on the cusp of the POs, GMs sellout in those situations..
I like the fit when dealing with the sabers too.

Kovalchuk for backes + 1st. Would you do it?

Reactions: kings11

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I created a thread on the trade propsoals

Thats where I got it from... But I'd swap Toffoli fr Kovy since i'd think he might not be happy in Buffalo and flee.. I think we get the cap hit if that happens..
I'm going with the assumption that Toffoli keeps his pace and gets his 15-20 goals by the TDL and Campbell plays his game and continues to shine.. Also, Backes is on the Bruins..

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Thats where I got it from... But I'd swap Toffoli fr Kovy since i'd think he might not be happy in Buffalo and flee.. I think we get the cap hit if that happens..
I'm going with the assumption that Toffoli keeps his pace and gets his 15-20 goals by the TDL and Campbell plays his game and continues to shine.. Also, Backes is on the Bruins..
I know Backes is on the bruins. That was two separate thoughts.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Kovy’s NMC is going to limit his suitors if he becomes a trade target. Hopefully his production stays consistent, any opportunity to sell even a little bit high has to be seriously considered.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kovy’s NMC is going to limit his suitors if he becomes a trade target. Hopefully his production stays consistent, any opportunity to sell even a little bit high has to be seriously considered.

True but Boston was one of the teams rumored to be in on him last year, and also was one of the last teams in on signing him. So I do not think he would hesitate waiving for the bruins.
I could see Backes using his NTC to stop being sent to LA though.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I keep thinking NYR because its a big city, big Russian population and of course the Russian players already there ...

Edit: They also have $4+ mill in cap space so we can retain to make it work and still afford them some cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad