2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I dunno if it is a good idea to keep Toby, but I am happy for the kid. I like that he is going to be playing and learning our system in the AHL though, even though his team back home is nothing to sneeze at.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If Hutton continues to play well, I would sign him..if reasonable number could be reached. He's honestly been playing pretty well.

I think Blake resigns Forbort and honestly, with Bjornfot and Anderson already knocking on the door why sign a free asset LT? I'd move him for as high a pick as possible or for a young forward.
Martinez in my eyes needs to be moved because his play indicates to me taht he's half-assing it.
Carolina wants a top 9 Forward so i'd send Toffoli for H.Fluery+ depending on where Toffoli is production wise at the TDL.
Quick is stuck here for te long haul so i'd move Campbell(even in a Pkg) and bring up Cal and let him have his time.
Its still way too early to determine the value for our players but they've bounced back so far and if it continues, well then out rebuild will be that much better for it.. And NO, not one damn person on here can predict the value of these guys right now so quit trying to pass off opinions as facts.. and thats just a general comment i'm making

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Quick is stuck here for the long haul so i'd move Campbell(even in a Pkg) and bring up Cal and let him have his time.
What is the rush? It's not like the Kings are a playoff team

Petersen is going to benefit the most from playing nightly and playing in the lesser league. He is a kid who has played 11 games in the NHL.
He will be a much better player long term if we let him be a bigger fish in a smaller pond and really find his game, than letting him get shelled nightly and destroying his confidence

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I dunno if it is a good idea to keep Toby, but I am happy for the kid. I like that he is going to be playing and learning our system in the AHL though, even though his team back home is nothing to sneeze at.

The upside to keeping him is they can make sure he plays ~20 minutes (or whatever), while if he goes back he may wind up with a limited role on a good team.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
What is the rush? It's not like the Kings are a playoff team

Petersen is going to benefit the most from playing nightly and playing in the lesser league. He is a kid who has played 11 games in the NHL.
He will be a much better player long term if we let him be a bigger fish in a smaller pond and really find his game, than letting him get shelled nightly and destroying his confidence

I think he deserves to be the guy now, Campbell is a quality goalie who could net us a 3rd round in a very deep draft.. we also need to sign Ingham before he bolts

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It better be after we move 6-8 guys.. if not, i'm strictly sticking to watching my SJB Braves football!
Tell Wolfe he wants to be catching passes from Jayden Daniels at ASU, not some 3rd string USC hack.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Big drop off though between Muzzin (a legit top 4), and what the Kings have left though.

No real argument here, only that if guys play to their capabilities--like Muzzin did before his trade--that they'll see a corresponding bump in value. But I think it's more likely to see 2 2nds or comparable for Martinez.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If Hutton continues to play well, I would sign him..if reasonable number could be reached. He's honestly been playing pretty well.

You sell high on that guy if you can. Sign him on July 1st, or if he goes somewhere else, it's not the world's biggest loss. The only guys they should be giving contracts to are young RFA's, and UFA filler for a year at a time.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've actually really like Hutton's game too. He's better with the puck than I thought, though even worse without it than I thought :laugh: It's like Doughty playing with Shattenkirk or something. But if he has a good year, yeah, sell the shit out of him.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Porky is likely to head back to the RU at the end of the month. So he’ll get up to six games to prove he can take someone else’s spot on the roster.

Surprised that TB was assigned to the AHL, I thought it was either NHL or SHL for him because of his age. I’d rather he get minutes in Ontario at this point.

You only have to be 18 years old to play in the AHL. The age issue comes into play due to the CHL/NHL agreement. CHL does not want to lose their star players, the 18 and 19 year olds (and key to their business model and teams). So it's only players who are playing in the WHL, OHL or the Q where age becomes a restricting factor. Players coming out of Europe, the NCAA, National Development programs etc can play in the AHL at 18 or 19 years old. So for instance, if Turcotte leaves the NCAA after one season, then signs a pro contract but the Kings determine he is not quite ready for prime time at 19, he can play for the Reign next season. Kupari, who is only 19, is playing for the Reign this season too. Same thing Kempe did at 18 and 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad