2019-20 General Lightning Discussion - Part 3: Uncharted

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
These types of moves are last resorts. Being cutthroat with your longtime guys isn't going to go down well with the rest of the players.
We're at our last resort though. You try to come at them respectfully, but at the end of the day we need to move some of these middle-tier contracts. Maybe you decide it's McDonagh instead of Johnson or something, but that makes us a much worse team and I don't think that's tenable if we want to compete next season.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
LA is in a weird spot themselves. They've got a lot of picks, and a few older players. It's an unusual point in their cycle to buy an expensive player in his prime.

They look like a selling team to me.
LA is quetly but surely stacking up their prospect pool, which currently is one of the very best in the NHL. Good things lie ahead for them, but it ain't their time yet again

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You do that kind of deal if your franchise is in a rebuilding mode, not coming off of a Stanley Cup win and wants to go for the back2back

Sure but you have to think of all possibilities as well. I doubt we do it but it would absolutely keep our window open for awhile even if we took a minor step back next year. If both of those players hit we just improved our top 9 depth. I like Kucherov a lot but the dude is also the secondary assist king, in the last 3 seasons he has 87 secondary assists, 13 of his playoff assists this year were secondary. Not all secondary assists aren't deserved but that's a big number that I think inflates his stats slightly.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We're at our last resort though. You try to come at them respectfully, but at the end of the day we need to move some of these middle-tier contracts. Maybe you decide it's McDonagh instead of Johnson or something, but that makes us a much worse team and I don't think that's tenable if we want to compete next season.
TJ is the right guy to move, but you can't approach with 'bash skulls' as Options A-Z.

It can take a bit, but a player can open up to being moved.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Congrats on the cup Tampa! Glad to finally see Stamkos/Hedman lift that thing above their head.

Since it’s the off-season and everything is kind of a shit show rn I’m coming to you guys with a random proposal I dreamed up just now. Idk if it’s realistic or how it is value wise, that is for you to decide.

So, assuming we could move Klefbom to NJ in a deal involving the 18th/20th pick, how does this sound:

14 + 18/20 + Samorukov + Lavoie for Sergachev

Is it even remotely close or far off? Maybe Bouchard would have to be involved? With you guys having no cap space to work with I wanted see if a package of pure futures could mean we can poach a great young dman from you. This is probably not realistic and Tampa would do a million other things before moving Sergachev but how does it sound to you guys? I’m assuming the responses are going to be pretty negative.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
TJ is the right guy to move, but you can't approach with 'bash skulls' as Options A-Z.

It can take a bit, but a player can open up to being moved.
I mean - I'm not the one negotiating with him, so me being blunt on here isn't what I would recommend JBB to say to him or his agent. Thank you for your service. You're a big part of why Tampa is the organization it is today. Enjoy your nice ring.

Now pack your shit.

Reactions: PJ817

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Congrats on the cup Tampa! Glad to finally see Stamkos/Hedman lift that thing above their head.

Since it’s the off-season and everything is kind of a shit show rn I’m coming to you guys with a random proposal I dreamed up just now. Idk if it’s realistic or how it is value wise, that is for you to decide.

So, assuming we could move Klefbom to NJ in a deal involving the 18th/20th pick, how does this sound:

14 + 18/20 + Samorukov + Lavoie for Sergachev

Is it even remotely close or far off? Maybe Bouchard would have to be involved? With you guys having no cap space to work with I wanted see if a package of pure futures could mean we can poach a great young dman from you. This is probably not realistic and Tampa would do a million other things before moving Sergachev but how does it sound to you guys? I’m assuming the responses are going to be pretty negative.
Hey! Thanks, we are all on cloud 9, but offseason talk is always welcome
I do think that, if Sergachev is traded, the centerpiece of the return would be a blue chip Dman (as the Bolts pipelines only got Foote as good Dman that can/will make the jump to the NHL ). In a normal year, I'd tell you the trade might have to involve Broberg, but we are about to enter a very strange offseason where prices could be way lower than expected.
I still think that, if BriseBois decides to move Sergachev the interest amongst the league would be sky-high, so the price would still be quite high. Bouchard in that case would probably have to be involved

Reactions: 780il and PJ817

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Hey! Thanks, we are all on cloud 9, but offseason talk is always welcome
I do think that, if Sergachev is traded, the centerpiece of the return would be a blue chip Dman (as the Bolts pipelines only got Foote as good Dman that can/will make the jump to the NHL ). In a normal year, I'd tell you the trade might have to involve Broberg, but we are about to enter a very strange offseason where prices could be way lower than expected.
I still think that, if BriseBois decides to move Sergachev the interest amongst the league would be sky-high, so the price would still be quite high. Bouchard in that case would probably have to be involved
Yep, just as I thought. Although I think there isn’t a chance Serg will shake loose. That’s a guy (along with Point) that’s a massive part of keeping the Lightning competitive far into the future and JBB would explore many other options before moving him. Thanks for the response and enjoy the cup, when McDrai get an actual team around them you won’t be seeing it for a while :naughty:.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

I really hope there's 0 chance that McDonagh will leave the team.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I am finnaly home after 16 days at sea. I finally could rewatch game 6 SCF and celebrate with beer our win. I began celebrating with rewatching 2015 SCF. I became Tampa fan in 2017 so i missed those finals. Now i watched them,my heart broke,but after that i rewatched game 6 with Dallas,guys I fell myself so happy right now.Yeah i know my emotions are waaaaay to late,but fcuk me,I am happy right now!! Now Ill watch parade and celebrate with our guys our cup!! Sorry for my message. I was dreaming about that moment last 16 days while I was at sea and now I just need to tell everything I have inside me!)) Go Bolts!!

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I am finnaly home after 16 days at sea. I finally could rewatch game 6 SCF and celebrate with beer our win. I began celebrating with rewatching 2015 SCF. I became Tampa fan in 2017 so i missed those finals. Now i watched them,my heart broke,but after that i rewatched game 6 with Dallas,guys I fell myself so happy right now.Yeah i know my emotions are waaaaay to late,but fcuk me,I am happy right now!! Now Ill watch parade and celebrate with our guys our cup!! Sorry for my message. I was dreaming about that moment last 16 days while I was at sea and now I just need to tell everything I have inside me!)) Go Bolts!!
Cheers and welcome to dry land.

Reactions: Peacefool

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Seeing Kuch speak to the guys on the bench, preaching to be responsible with the puck is f***ING ORGASMIC

I always used to wonder if Cooper even so much as talked to his team before games or if he'd go to a team leader and say "Get the boys ready to play." I mean... either approach is going to give you good results. But every time I watch him talk to the team I'm just like "This is exactly what I would want my coach to be"

Damn man.... Fire Cooper is gonna lose its meme status now. And I hate it

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm calling it now. This team is repeating. I was lucky enough to call it last year on a hunch. I'm getting it again. Let's see if it holds up
Let's go here boys. Keep the energy up okay. Keep shit posting, jinx threads and talking about the sky is falling. Trust the process.

Okay, let's go!
*chews gum and leaves*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad