2019-20 General Lightning Discussion - Part 3: Uncharted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
With the potential exit of the Apostle, Jan Rutta. The one true Lord and Saviour of hockey, TMFVR, is a UFA. Some posters are suggesting he would sign 1 year for less than a Million. Might be a good depth signing for us to fill out 6/7 depth D.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Team looks motivated to me, moral is high and lots of engagement. But he should've kicked a garbage can or something.

#losttheroom
#ruhruh
#firecooper
#tunedout

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it me or wouldn't the second all star team absolutely smash the first?

Those three forwards would be the best line in the history of hockey. Kucherov's skill, Mac's skill+power, MArchand's tenacity... it's just gross to think about.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think there is a good chance these players are our RHD next year

Shatty
Rutta
Cernak
Can't see Shattenkirk back next year. We really can't pay him 1.75M again and I don't think he will take less to stay. He's played well enough to get a multi year deal. He was better than Stralman last year and Stralman got a big contract elsewhere. I can see hik getting 3 × 3.5M somewhere.

I think the 3rd D will be Bogosian or Foote. Bogosian if we can get him to take 1 - 1.2M the same with Rutta. If they don't want that low we go with Foote and look for another outcast willing to sign for 1M.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Can't see Shattenkirk back next year. We really can't pay him 1.75M again and I don't think he will take less to stay. He's played well enough to get a multi year deal. He was better than Stralman last year and Stralman got a big contract elsewhere. I can see hik getting 3 × 3.5M somewhere.

I think the 3rd D will be Bogosian or Foote. Bogosian if we can get him to take 1 - 1.2M the same with Rutta. If they don't want that low we go with Foote and look for another outcast willing to sign for 1M.

I wouldn’t be so sure that Shatty is gone. That said you aren’t wrong, he very well could be gone.

Regardless of what happens with shatty it looks like BOGO is gone

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bogo was paid 5m a year for the last 7 years, he agreed to terminate his contract to prove he was better than what Buffalo thought and he did with his run on the Lightning. He's not going to sign another cheap one. Shattenkirk is still going to be paid almost 9m by the Rangers over the next 3 years, he could sign cheap because money won't be as big an issue for him.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
What does the team do/need to do to go on another run next year?

Do we try and keep Bogo and Maroon?

Who do we trade so we can sign Cernak, Cirelli and Serg. I'd prefer to keep Killorn over Johnson just because of his PK duties

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
"It sounds like GM Julien Brisebois has done a lot of the internal legwork already, knowing which players are (or are not) willing to waive no-move or no-trade protection. (Several have indicated they prefer not to.)
The Lightning are not satisfied with one win — they want to maintain themselves for a shot at more. Expect Brisebois to think unconventionally. I think teams will ask if Sergachev wants a bigger role. He’s on the left side with Hedman and McDonagh.
"
31 Thoughts: With Stanley Cup awarded, NHL faces new questions - Sportsnet.ca

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Maybe if we tell TJ that he'll be playing on the 4th line next season...

But man it's hard to think about it right now, I mean I know it's coming but I'm way to happy with the whole team and happy for all of them to want to see anyone leave even if you know that someone will. Hopefully we can wait at least a little while and let the guys enjoy it together.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Hedman is pushing 30, and will likely start to decline somewhat within the next 4ish years...at that time Sergachev will only be 26. It would be a disaster to trade him when he is basically the heir apparent to Heddy on the left side. I don't know what Brisebois could possibly have up his sleeve to clear cap, but I think maybe the threat of waivers to a guy like Johnson or Gourde could happen...though they still have the power to say no.

Reactions: Zwui21

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
"It sounds like GM Julien Brisebois has done a lot of the internal legwork already, knowing which players are (or are not) willing to waive no-move or no-trade protection. (Several have indicated they prefer not to.)
The Lightning are not satisfied with one win — they want to maintain themselves for a shot at more. Expect Brisebois to think unconventionally. I think teams will ask if Sergachev wants a bigger role. He’s on the left side with Hedman and McDonagh.
"
31 Thoughts: With Stanley Cup awarded, NHL faces new questions - Sportsnet.ca

Cooper found a way to get him plenty of minutes without dipping into McDonagh/Hedman's time. PP time, some shifts with Hedman, and some big minutes in crunch time. I don't think that will be an issue at all.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Killorn will have to submit a list. We may have to sweeten the pot to get rid of him but it can be done.

TyJo is the one that will f*** this whole thing up it seems. He is the key for us to get out of this. If he refuses to waive then we're gonna lose someone we don't want to.

Gourde could be the casualty if TyJo says no. This would suck since we see what thst third line can do.

Shatty is gone.

Maroon is more likely than not gone.

Paquette is probably gone.

Cirelli played himself into a manageable contract this postseason.

Serge could be a big problem. If a team wants to OS him we'll be in trouble unless he wants to stay.

Either way we will have the following team back next year no matter what.

Palat - Point - Kuch
XXX - Stamkos - XXX
Coleman - XXX - Goodrow

Hedman - XXX
McD - XXX
XXX - XXX

Vasy
XXX

Not too bad.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Killorn will have to submit a list. We may have to sweeten the pot to get rid of him but it can be done.

TyJo is the one that will f*** this whole thing up it seems. He is the key for us to get out of this. If he refuses to waive then we're gonna lose someone we don't want to.

Gourde could be the casualty if TyJo says no. This would suck since we see what thst third line can do.

Shatty is gone.

Maroon is more likely than not gone.

Paquette is probably gone.

Cirelli played himself into a manageable contract this postseason.

Serge could be a big problem. If a team wants to OS him we'll be in trouble unless he wants to stay.

Either way we will have the following team back next year no matter what.

Palat - Point - Kuch
XXX - Stamkos - XXX
Coleman - XXX - Goodrow

Hedman - XXX
McD - XXX
XXX - XXX

Vasy
XXX

Not too bad.
Not too bad but we have alot of holes and no money.

TyJo bout to ruin us :laugh:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We only have 3 Dmen signed for next year and one of them is Coburn

We have Paq for one more year but no other 4th liners. Stephen's and Verg are also RFA's

Next year we lose Coleman, Paq, Goodrow.

Even if we get rid of Killorn and Johnson that money goes right to Cirelli, Serg, Cernak.

Gonna have a lot of call ups next year and the year after, cause we eint gonna have money for a few years :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the cup win might nudge players to leave money on the table. They have a chance to be part of something very special here.

We just won a Stanley Cup more/less WITHOUT a top-20ish player in the league, who let's hope will be back next year. As they say in boxing, you're not a real champion until you defend. ;)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Don't we have to resign Foot too?

Not that he'll get or demand big money, but he is our best prospect.

I'd love for
Hedman - Bogo
McDonagh - Foot (play him with the responsible vet?)
Serg - Cernak

Edit: Volkov is up too. Lmao so many players to sign. I think we're screwed

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Obviously the main goal should be to keep the core together.

Killorn should be fairly easy to move.

Johnson is the other obvious choice, but harder due to the full NTC. I have no doubt Johnson wouldn't want to move, and I doubt JBB wants to play hardball with him, but it might have to come to that. Johnson's NTC becomes a modified (20 team trade list) in a year so he would be gone by then anyway, maybe JBB works with him to find a more suitable destination this year, vs any of 20 teams next year. If Johnson still refuses and puts JBB in a desperate spot, he could always threaten to put him on waivers, apparently that's what Pittsburgh just threatened with Hornqvist to get him to okay the deal to FL. Certainly hope it doesn't come to that with a guy that just helped us win a cup, but some sort of tough decisions have to happen with our cap situation one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad