Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Pavs would surely have to step in on PP1 which drops toews or strome to PP2, probably strome which would kinda suck but gives that PP2 some extra scoring and hopefully more time

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hold them hostage with that threat, then offer Saad in a straight-up trade.

I don’t think they’d match at 8.4M. Would be really interesting to see how they’d react to that.

The have 12.5M in cap space, still need to sign a couple RFAs and replace or resign Pavelski, Thornton and Donskoi. Paying Meier a big cap hit just makes their team worse while they are trying to go for it.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
What are the chances we can relieve Vegas' cap situation by taking Alex Tuch off their hands?

Where would you start a package for Tuch? Assuming he's probably the last guy they'd want to move, I'm sure it'd take a bit of an overpay.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What are the chances we can relieve Vegas' cap situation by taking Alex Tuch off their hands?

Where would you start a package for Tuch? Assuming he's probably the last guy they'd want to move, I'm sure it'd take a bit of an overpay.

He’s going to be the captain there someday. Great player though, at least the Wild didn’t get to keep him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

not gonna lie, watching some of these teams have to start navigating through cap hell without any Cup success makes me chuckle quite a bit...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Vegas needs to be held to the fire this offseason. They made out like bandits in that expansion draft. They still have extra picks from their side deals at the expansion draft. If they want to clear some cap to resign Karlsson, teams should ask them to cough those up.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Absolutely. Vegas has been a team for two ****ing seasons and is already somehow in cap hell. How does that even happen?
I mean Vegas went all in, can't really blame them...they have some names that could be moved but I really don't see an albatross contract there, just trying to win with that current group. I think SJ really just put themselves in such a bad spot with EK and the Leafs of course being the Leafs.

Vegas can make some moves and be okay, I don't think they are gloom and doom at all. Wild Bill is someone they likely need to resign, but many guys come off the books next year for them, so if they can navigate through this tough cap year, they will be fine moving forward IMO. But to navigate through this year, they will have to lose 1-2 solid players though IF they want to keep Wild Bill.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
By trading for and re-signing great players. Vegas is voodoo.
I mean Vegas went all in, can't really blame them...they have some names that could be moved but I really don't see an albatross contract there, just trying to win with that current group. I think SJ really just put themselves in such a bad spot with EK and the Leafs of course being the Leafs.

Vegas can make some moves and be okay, I don't think they are gloom and doom at all. Wild Bill is someone they likely need to resign, but many guys come off the books next year for them, so if they can navigate through this tough cap year, they will be fine moving forward IMO. But to navigate through this year, they will have to lose 1-2 solid players though IF they want to keep Wild Bill.

It was more of a joke. I know what they actually did, but I thought the way I framed it would get a laugh.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It was more of a joke. I know what they actually did, but I thought the way I framed it would get a laugh.
I took it that way as well, but it still needs to have an honest discussion because a team just entering the league is now up against the cap having to make a few major decisions hahahaha..I find that f***ing hilarious right or wrong..

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Vegas needs to be held to the fire this offseason. They made out like bandits in that expansion draft. They still have extra picks from their side deals at the expansion draft. If they want to clear some cap to resign Karlsson, teams should ask them to cough those up.
They’re moving out impact players making less than the market rate. There’s no fire to hold them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad