Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Meier is who I would be talking about offer sheeting, and I can’t really tell if you’re insinuating something else but yes I would pay him that and be okay with it.
I wasn't insinuating anything. I was generally confused because we were talking multiple Shark players on the thread. How good is Meier? Now with Karlsson's contract, the Sharks have to be more careful with their spending / matching. Could it make Meier available for a lower cost (RFA)?

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Brayden point please. (Ok, probably not)

What kind of $ would that take? Tampa would probably figure out a way to match.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
They're sayin' Pavelski might be available?

Cags-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Pavs

Would be an incredibly balanced top 6, each line having perimeter ability, defensive awareness, lotsa hockey IQ, grit, and, oh, scoring prowess. Those are the type of lines that win the matchup game 9 times out of 10.

(in b4 the silly "cags isn't a top 6" comment, you don't have to be an elite forward to make a top line better)

Sign me the **** up. That would instantly change the look of our forward depth as well.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I wasn't insinuating anything. I was generally confused because we were talking multiple Shark players on the thread. How good is Meier? Now with Karlsson's contract, the Sharks have to be more careful with their spending / matching. Could it make Meier available for a lower cost (RFA)?
They have a lot of guys looking at new deals and have around 14 mil? I believe. Labanc, pavelski, Meier, Gus Nyquist, and a few other guys. Need contracts. They could still match Meier at 7.5-8.4 but they would obviously lose one of Labanc or Pavelski at that point. Meier scored 30 goals last year and is only going to get better. He’s fast, strong, and goes to the net. Quick release. Good in the corners, good along the boards, pretty solid in his own end as well. I love the guy.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
San Jose still has like 12.5M in cap so they're defintely gonna get Meier signed.

Pavelski on the other hand probably hits free agency. That's a guy you target. He'd kill it with DeBrincat and Strome.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
San Jose still has like 12.5M in cap so they're defintely gonna get Meier signed.

Pavelski on the other hand probably hits free agency. That's a guy you target. He'd kill it with DeBrincat and Strome.
they have $12.5 mil in cap with 16 players signed...still have Meier and Labanc to sign as well as Pavs, Jumbo, Donskoi, and Joakim Ryan...if a team offer sheets Meier, they literally will not be able to put a full roster together unless they go ELC players..they can sign Labanc who likely gets over $3 mil, but if someone steps up with balls, the Sharks are absolutely f***ing screwed...and by signing Meier, I am talking over $6.3 mil - anything close to that and say goodbye to Pavs, Jumbo (unless he signs for $1 mil), Donskoi (already gone), and Labanc - that would hurt them a lot to see those guys gone and replaced with players on ELC or the Markus Krugers of the world.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
they have $12.5 mil in cap with 16 players signed...still have Meier and Labanc to sign as well as Pavs, Jumbo, Donskoi, and Joakim Ryan...if a team offer sheets Meier, they literally will not be able to put a full roster together unless they go ELC players..they can sign Labanc who likely gets over $3 mil, but if someone steps up with balls, the Sharks are absolutely ****ing screwed...and by signing Meier, I am talking over $6.3 mil - anything close to that and say goodbye to Pavs, Jumbo (unless he signs for $1 mil), Donskoi (already gone), and Labanc - that would hurt them a lot to see those guys gone and replaced with players on ELC or the Markus Krugers of the world.
Fair point. Offer sheet Meier, Stan. Sign Pavelski to double f*** them.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Wtf? Gus and a 2nd would have the same value, if not more. Stan could've gotten Trouba easily. Unless of course Trouba didn't want to come here...

Reactions: d rake

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Trouba needed to want to come here, seemed New York/East Coast all the way..

They also got Adam Fox as well, talk about suring up your right side...damn..
Imagine if they can get Panarin in the off season. That rebuild is getting fast tracked.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
yep, I have been saying watch out, Rangers can afford Panarin and likely will be all-in for him
Kravtsov probably coming over too, Miller is gonna be nasty when he's out of college, Chytil is only getting better.

Rangers are gonna be scary soon.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Wasn't that bleak when you looked at prospect pool they had

They have quietly been building up system

Gorton has been impressive thus far

They had 0 first round picks for a good stretch there is what I was saying. Then they got Kevin Hayes for free and it just kind of went right with them from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad