Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Mitchell > Jokiharju

I wont pretend to know anything about Mitchell but it seems like the expectation is he’ll lack offense at the NHL level but be good defensively. Every highlight of him seems to be showing off a plus shot or nifty puck skills for a defenseman...so all else equal between him and joki I prefer keeping Mitchell and Gus to acquire Nylander...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
GUYS! NIKITA ZAITSEV IS AVAILABLE! WE HAVE TO GET HIM!

:sarcasm:

Holy #### he is signed for 5 more years

He has actually improved defensively since his rookie year a little but regressed dramatically offensively

I think he could actually rebound a bit if they let him to take more chances offensively and pair him with Dermott who can act as safety net for them with him being more aggressive

Also looked solid when playing with Muzzin

But he wants out not sure how easy it will be for them to move that contract

I liked Zaitsev coming out of Russia and thought he showed tremendous promise his rookie year despite flaws defensively. Cant really explain why he has struggled so much outside of maybe the league having better idea of how to handle/play him and his failure to adjust to that

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Zaitsev alone has 5 years left at 4.5M cap hit

All 3 together would eat up almost all our cap space in offseason as well (Remember cap is likely not to be as high as that initial 83M forecast from earlier in year)

And Zaitsev would be major block on our young RHD in pipeline and adding him likely keeps Joker in AHL next year

Seriously that is just awful

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Zaitsev alone has 5 years left at 4.5M cap hit

All 3 together would eat up almost all our cap space in offseason as well (Remember cap is likely not to be as high as that initial 83M forecast from earlier in year)

Oh damn, I thought he was like 2.3M, my bad.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I’d like to see Tampa Bay have to offer up a premium piece to unload the last year of Callahan’s deal. Something like Sergachev and Callahan for our 2nd would be nice. More realistically, it’d be Gus instead of our 2nd. I view Sergachev as similar value (probably a little higher IMO) to where Teuvo was when we traded him with Bickell.

I still think Sergachev has top-pairing potential, has good size and physicality, and is left handed. I think he plays RD. Not sure if he could play both. A Boqvist-Sergachev future top pairing would be funny to see as both players have been known to play on their off-hand side. This is if we draft Turcotte at #3. If we take Byram at #3, I’d try to get Cirelli for taking on Callahan’s last year.

Reactions: bwana63

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
That is not happening

They will find taker for Callahan's 1 year by offering something like a 2nd or something else

I’d say Cirelli is probably doable. Sergachev might be if we offered them Gus. Probably not though. Just late night rambling lol.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
The more I think about it, the more I’d like to see Tampa Bay have to offer up a premium piece to unload the last year of Callahan’s deal. Something like Sergachev and Callahan for our 2nd would be nice. More realistically, it’d be Gus instead of our 2nd. I view Sergachev as similar value (probably a little higher IMO) to where Teuvo was when we traded him with Bickell.

I still think Sergachev has top-pairing potential, has good size and physicality, and is left handed. I think he plays RD. Not sure if he could play both. A Boqvist-Sergachev future top pairing would be funny to see as both players have been known to play on their off-hand side. This is if we draft Turcotte at #3. If we take Byram at #3, I’d try to get Cirelli for taking on Callahan’s last year.
There's no way Tampa moves Sergachev (who is on an ELC) while they're in cap hell.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I do think Cirelli and sergachev are both off limits IMO from a Tampa perspective. I do think we could get Miller, Johnson of Pallat from Tampa though.

I really don't want to see Stan bring a guy like Callahan here even if it is for one year.

We really need to let some young guys get opportunities and to take flight.

We don't need another Kruger or Kunitz blocking ice time from the young guys

Last edited:
Reactions: OTC

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I don't think Cirelli and sergachev are both off limits IMO from a Tampa perspective. I do think we could get Miller, Johnson of Pallat from Tampa though.

I really don't want to see Stan bring a guy like Callahan here even if it is for one year.

who are some young guys you want to see?? i think iv seen about enough of hayden fortin and johnson. could play sikura more. we have wedin and kubalik coming in. maybe entwhistle if he can make a big jump?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't think Cirelli and sergachev are both off limits IMO from a Tampa perspective. I do think we could get Miller, Johnson of Pallat from Tampa though.

Good point, they could acquire Callahan and flip him at 50% retained before the season. They can retain on up to 3 contracts, so it might be best for the Hawks to just use their financial strength and cap space to be a middle man.

As an example, acquire Callahan and a 2nd for a 5th. Retain 50% on Callahan and trade him for a 3rd.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
There's no way Tampa moves Sergachev (who is on an ELC) while they're in cap hell.

For some reason, I thought his contract was up and that he was an RFA this summer. That’s not till next summer. Very unlikely they’d move him till then. I still like the idea of getting a nice asset for taking on Callahan. He could either be a solid 4th liner for us or we could flip him with retention for another asset.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014

If taking on Callahan means we got a Cirelli/Raddysh type of asset for cheap, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Worst case scenario, you either flip Callahan and retain salary or you scratch him.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
who are some young guys you want to see?? i think iv seen about enough of hayden fortin and johnson. could play sikura more. we have wedin and kubalik coming in. maybe entwhistle if he can make a big jump?

Sikura highmore kurashev, entwhistle wedin

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
I don’t think that package could get Nylander, but how about Gustafsson and Anisimov for Kadri? Then Byram would be the choice over Turcotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad