2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yes he's really playing forward but hey he scored a goal so why call up Barron or Saigeon from Utah?

Because Barron is probably as bad at his natural position as MacDonald is playing out. :nod:

Saigeon, by all accounts, hasn't looked good in Utah. Cassels should have been a call-up, but that ship will sail now. Terao or McGauley should be the next in line after Barron.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Really need to start seeing some production from Bowers and Kaut. Timmins is outscoring both of them from the blue line, in 2 fewer games. All of the top scorers on the Eagles are most likely career AHLers. Not an encouraging start from a development standpoint.

I feel like the Eagles are too much of a "stand-alone" organization, as opposed to a minor league affiliate to the Avs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Avs prospects Shane Bowers and Martin Kaut try to ride out...

“I saw a guy that came out of training camp disappointed,” Cronin said. “I don’t want to drill into where the disappointment is coming from. I know anybody that gets cut from the NHL, especially in that lifestyle, has an adjustment in quality of life, but we’re a great place to play. It’s not like you’re going from there to some dump. You’re in a good environment and in a good organization, so there’s always that.

“I think there is a bit of a social void there because him and (Pavel Francouz) were so tight there was a camaraderie there and they were almost like family. So, kind of gets dinged twice on the way out.”
Moving to Colorado to play with the Eagles was the first time Kaut lived away from the Czech Republic. It was also his first experience living away from his family. Kaut’s brother, Tomas, was his teammate in Pardubice and the two lived together. Kaut, on the night he was drafted, said his brother was his “second father.”

That is what made the Avalanche’s signing of Francouz last season to a one-year deal more notable than simply his being the Eagles’ No. 1 goalie and an insurance policy for Philipp Grubauer and Semyon Varlamov. Francouz, now the Avs’ backup goaltender, was a vital figure in Kaut’s life at and away from the rink. Kaut is missing that connection now.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
I can sympathize with the fact that Kaut is having a hard time without someone he is more familiar with. In the end, he's still a kid and it's probably tough to go through days without someone you can relate to as easily as he did with Francouz. On the other hand, if true, I'm not a huge fan of the fact that part of his production (or lack thereof)* is because he's pouting that he got cut.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I can sympathize with the fact that Kaut is having a hard time without someone he is more familiar with. In the end, he's still a kid and it's probably tough to go through days without someone you can relate to as easily as he did with Francouz. On the other hand, if true, I'm not a huge fan of the fact that part of his production (or lack thereof)* is because he's pouting that he got cut.

Well...we don't know that for sure, it's just one aspect that Cronin feels might be affecting his game a little. Coach Greg may or may not have any idea what he's talking about.

It's not uncommon though. I remember hearing reports out of camp in the 2014-15 season that MacKinnon just wasn't in a good headspace, prompting Roy to yell at him during practice. Some players take a little time to mature.

More concerning to me is the fact that Kaut has gotten himself banged up at very inopportune times two years in a row now. Even more concerning to me is the fact that the Eagles once again put a real effort toward improving team offense and it still sounds like it's punchless. I'm really just very unsure whether the Eagles really know what they're doing. I don't trust the guys in charge in Loveland at all right now.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Frankly I'd like to see a much more bold callup than Jayson effin' Megna. That's the bare minimum there--Avs need something better than that

It changes the way I'm looking at Kamenev TBH. The fact that Bowers, Kaut and even Timmins have all kinds of serious issues in the AHL is depressing. Can't even justify a call up for any of them.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Frankly I'd like to see a much more bold callup than Jayson effin' Megna. That's the bare minimum there--Avs need something better than that. I realize there's no one who's going to make an impact but right now the organization needs a jolt of sorts.
Especially because Megna has shown he shouldn't be in the NHL. I'd take freaking Dries over him.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Especially because Megna has shown he shouldn't be in the NHL. I'd take freaking Dries over him.

I liked Tynan in the pre-season games, I would have preferred if he's the guy that got a shot instead of a guy like Megna who is destined to be a 4th line/warm-body/defensive forward. At least with Tynan, you're adding creativity and offensive ability to the lineup...it's worth a shot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the problem with calling up Tynan is you kill any hope of the Eagles having offense.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
pffft. The feeder team needs to feed the big team when needed.

Yeah, I agree with you... just don't feel that the arrangement is setup that way between the clubs. Eagles and their ownership want to win, and Tynan is too critical for that. The marginal gain from Megna to Tynan isn't worth rocking the boat. Sucks because I think Tynan could help the Avs offensively... he could certainly help the 2nd PP unit.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW is Condra having any sort of impact in Loveland whatsoever? I was actually excited about them bringing in a player of his caliber--he was one of the better defensive players in the league in his prime.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Yeah, I agree with you... just don't feel that the arrangement is setup that way between the clubs. Eagles and their ownership want to win, and Tynan is too critical for that. The marginal gain from Megna to Tynan isn't worth rocking the boat. Sucks because I think Tynan could help the Avs offensively... he could certainly help the 2nd PP unit.

Do the Eagles have a say as to who the Avs call up?
They can't refuse, can they?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

The Eagles can't refuse, but I'm positive they want to keep the working relationship positive between the Eagles and the Avs as much as possible.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

They probably can't, but there is likely an "agreement" between the two organizations.

And the Eagles owner has proven that he can be quite difficult to deal with if he feels slighted. He stole the f***in' ECHL championship trophy for cryin' out loud...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad