2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That second fight he started -- when he left the sin bin -- was selfish. It cost the Eagles.
(also got a couple knots on a couple of his teammates noggins)
And he deservedly got his ass beat.

BTW, the other team... Pirates? With a big A? Ass Pirates???

Yeah, I like Greer and don't think he's been given much of a chance by Bednar, and doesn't fit well in his preferred style of play, but that was an extremely selfish play. Which also caused Renouf to take some punches he didn't need to.

Greer unlocked the door laughing and said lets go. He didn't just get drawn into a melee, or was sticking up for a teammate. He didn't even appear to be overwhelmed by emotion. He knew what he was doing, laughed about it, and then got beat up again.

Very strange play by him. Almost feels like he's trying to force a trade. Which they should do anyway because it's best for everyone.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm done defending him. If we can trade him great, if not...whatever. It sucks though, because I really thought he could have become a good 4th liner but Bednar hated him (probably for good reason) and instead of using his demotions to motivate himself and get better, he apparently has been engaging in career ending stupid decisions on and off the ice.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Yeah, I like Greer and don't think he's been given much of a chance by Bednar, and doesn't fit well in his preferred style of play, but that was an extremely selfish play. Which also caused Renouf to take some punches he didn't need to.

I'm done defending him. If we can trade him great, if not...whatever. It sucks though, because I really thought he could have become a good 4th liner but Bednar hated him (probably for good reason) and instead of using his demotions to motivate himself and get better, he apparently has been engaging in career ending stupid decisions on and off the ice.

I don't think Bednar is to blame at all when it comes to Greer. No HC is going to have much time for a 4th-liner who takes stupid, unnecessary penalties ALL the time. And that's exactly what Greer did when he played for the Avs, imo.

Reactions: flyfysher and MarkT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think Bednar is to blame at all when it comes to Greer. No HC is going to have much time for a 4th-liner who takes stupid, unnecessary penalties ALL the time. And that's exactly what Greer did when he played for the Avs, imo.

I'm not trying to defend Greer after his recent actions, but he doesn't fit well in Bednar's system. Bednar doesn't want his guys being overly physical on the forecheck so they can carry speed to get back in position or pressure another puck carrier. He also wants everyone playing between the whistles only. Neither of these things suit Greer.

He'd fit much better on a team like LA or St Louis, where they play a more meat and potatoes style, and they're ok with trying to get under the oppositions skin after whistles. Winnipeg, Montreal, Philly, and Calgary may be good fits as well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Look, I blasted Bednar and the organization plenty, but some guys just can't seem to make that transition from AHL scorer to NHL grinder. Also, I think it's clear that the biggest issue Bednar had with AJ was his penchant for dumb penalties, something he obviously isn't putting much effort in fixing. In fact, he appears to be going the opposite direction.

Regardless, if that's what he's contributing to the organization nowadays at the AHL level then he has no further use. Maybe they can trade him for someone who can actually score at the minor league level.

Reactions: MarkT and VikingAv

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Look, I blasted Bednar and the organization plenty, but some guys just can't seem to make that transition from AHL scorer to NHL grinder. Also, I think it's clear that the biggest issue Bednar had with AJ was his penchant for dumb penalties, something he obviously isn't putting much effort in fixing. In fact, he appears to be going the opposite direction.

Regardless, if that's what he's contributing to the organization nowadays at the AHL level then he has no further use. Maybe they can trade him for someone who can actually score at the minor league level.

AJ can score at the AHL level.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I agree with this. I said it before that Kaut's game is not to drive his own line. He can make something out of nothing by himself once in a while but that is not his game. His game to win battles in the corner, give the puck to somebody that can make plays, and drive to the dirty areas/scoring spots and wait for the pass or the rebound. He will be a Landy light in the NHL.

To me, Kaut is going to be a Donskoi type NHLer, a guy that you won't want driving his own line, but someone who can keep up with pretty much any line and not hurt them, while doing some heavy lifting and chipping in points here and there.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I hope some GM out there sees Greer as a 2nd round pick with tons of potential who plays a tough, gritty game.

Y'know, rather than an idiot who is likely never going to be a full-time NHL player.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Can someone give me an update on how Bowers and Kaut have looked? I know it's only been 5 games, but you have to wonder if the AHL team will ever hold the ability to groom NHL players. I hope things change.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Can someone give me an update on how Bowers and Kaut have looked? I know it's only been 5 games, but you have to wonder if the AHL team will ever hold the ability to groom NHL players. I hope things change.

I'm really wary of the relationship between the Avs and the Eagles. I think too much emphasis is being put on making the affiliate a winner as opposed to developing talent.

That and, well, Billington.

The makeup of the team looks like it should be a nice balance, but, just looking at the scoresheet and other things I don't like how Cronin is deploying them.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hope some GM out there sees Greer as a 2nd round pick with tons of potential who plays a tough, gritty game.

Y'know, rather than an idiot who is likely never going to be a full-time NHL player.
Chia’s done so unfortunately nobody thinks that outside of a select few Avalanche fans who blindly think he’s actually good.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Any information about the injury for Calle Rosén, he has not been playing for a long time?

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
6 games and no points for Bowers and Kaut. That's a bit worrying.

For sure it is. Does anyone know how many minutes he's getting, and with who? There's no reason Kaut should be on the top line and force fed 18-20 mins a night.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
absolute-zero.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For sure it is. Does anyone know how many minutes he's getting, and with who? There's no reason Kaut should be on the top line and force fed 18-20 mins a night.

Is TOI even registered in the AHL?

Anyway, Kaut has no point in 7 games now...most detailed stats I could find:

nUSIEi2.png

Reactions: ibengals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad