2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, I think that was the original plan, until he looked great in pre-season. Then when he had trouble his first couple games of the regular season, they just went back to the original plan.

I can see him getting a call up in December or after the holidays. Then again, Cole, Graves, Barberio, and Connauton have all looked pretty bad. Either Timmins or Rosen could get called up any day if they continue to struggle.

I agree in theory but I don't really know how well Timmins and Rosen have played so far. I'd hate to bring them up just to see them struggle.

I dunno if they're "overcooking" him in the AHL...dude hasn't played competitive hockey for a very long time. They essentially took him out of the freezer and are allowing him to thaw.

This is true, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see him spend the whole year with the Eagles. That's what I'd consider overcooking.

We have two dman for sure with brain injuries. Cole and Graves.

Good point. Call im up!

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Listening to COL/SJ right now. 2-1 Eagles lead in the 3rd. They just had to kill a fairly long 5-on-3 thanks to Kevin Connauton getting a little too angry during a scrum.

Goals from Dries, who's been all over the place, and Nantel. Timmins being used in a lot of defensive situations.

Eagles dealing with some roster depletion issues of their own. In addition to Kaut/Bowers being out, and Megna/Tynan/Greer being called up to the big club, Renouf and Dickinson both got injured in the 1st period of this game.

Reactions: Kaizer

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Here's a clip involving Timmins. He did not pick up a point on this sequence, but he secured the puck in the defensive zone and skated it into the offensive zone to help guide the play that ultimately led to a goal.

Timmins now up to 7 points in 15 AHL games (3g, 4a) and is a +5.

The Eagles play this afternoon in an earlier tilt.

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Dries is having an outstanding start to the beginning of the AHL season. I am not a Dries fan, but I thought he showed more in his call ups last season than Megna, Tynan, and O'Connor have shown this year. It is interesting to me that he has not been called up.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Dries is having an outstanding start to the beginning of the AHL season. I am not a Dries fan, but I thought he showed more in his call ups last season than Megna, Tynan, and O'Connor have shown this year. It is interesting to me that he has not been called up.

All we need is one more injury and he's the next call up :naughty:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, I didn't like Dries last year and ideally I want him nowhere near the NHL squad, but Tynan and Megna have been pretty much Marko Dano-ing it up in the invisibility department. O'Connor was fairly active last game and I'd like him to have a bit of a leash to see if he can settle into a role, but given the (ugly) choice between Megna/Tynan and Dries, I'd have to say Dries.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think it's much of a contest. Dries is a better player than Megna or Tynan, certainly from a defensive aspect. But given how important he's been to the Loveland squad I can see why they didn't want him to be the callup.

I'm just disappointed in Connauton. How the hell does he only have three assists in, like, 10 games?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Here's a clip involving Timmins. He did not pick up a point on this sequence, but he secured the puck in the defensive zone and skated it into the offensive zone to help guide the play that ultimately led to a goal.

Timmins now up to 7 points in 15 AHL games (3g, 4a) and is a +5.

The Eagles play this afternoon in an earlier tilt.

His pinch to pressure the puck carrier forced the turnover, which led to the goal too.

I like that the organization seems to be telling him to go out and make plays, and think offensively. Not just make the safe plays all the time, and focus only on playing well defensively.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
The similarly depleted Colorado Eagles win 5-2 tonight against the Stockton Heat, the team ahead of them in the Pacific Division standings.

Goals from Condra (2), Shvyrev, Ryan Wagner, and Megna (EN).

Quite the chippy affair. 13 penalties in total, eight of them committed by the Eagles.

Timmins with two assists.

Oh and Brandon Saigeon finally scores his first goal in the pros for the Grizzlies. Two of 'em! Unfortunately he's also a -1 on the night because the Grizz are gettin' caved in by the Florida Everblades 6-3.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm just going off the recap and box score here, others can feel free to chime in with more detail.

The Eegs unfortunately fail to mirror their parent organization and drop the second half of their back-to-back with Stockton in OT. Werner and Miska basically split duties in this one for some reason. Hopefully not an injury. Where the hell is Beebo!?

Greer scored his third, then was told during the game that he was being sent to Utah.

Some guy named "Buddy Robinson" scored for the Heat, which strikes me as the most un-hockey name ever.

Conor Timmins with two points in this one, bringing his total up to 12 in 17 games. Our own TV noted that he's racking up points despite not getting top unit power play time (Connauton is still their top PPQB).

In other news, Brandon "Super" Saigeon is starting to get his groove on. Scored again to tie the game against against the Everblades and then the game-winner in the shootout.

Saigeon Stars in Grizzlies 5-4 Shootout Win

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I'm just going off the recap and box score here, others can feel free to chime in with more detail.

The Eegs unfortunately fail to mirror their parent organization and drop the second half of their back-to-back with Stockton in OT. Werner and Miska basically split duties in this one for some reason. Hopefully not an injury. Where the hell is Beebo!?

Greer scored his third, then was told during the game that he was being sent to Utah.

Some guy named "Buddy Robinson" scored for the Heat, which strikes me as the most un-hockey name ever.

Conor Timmins with two points in this one, bringing his total up to 12 in 17 games. Our own TV noted that he's racking up points despite not getting top unit power play time (Connauton is still their top PPQB).

In other news, Brandon "Super" Saigeon is starting to get his groove on. Scored again to tie the game against against the Everblades and then the game-winner in the shootout.

Saigeon Stars in Grizzlies 5-4 Shootout Win

Goaltending was putrid. Werner and Miska both giftwrapped a goal due to poor stickhandling. Also Werner with 2 softies.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Beebo is garbage and should be kept as far away from this org as possible. Greer to Utah? As dumb as the Avs AHL org is, there is no way that is real.

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For the people who missed Altitude's coverage last night, McNab mentioned that Bibeau had hip surgery the game like right after being sent down. That's a 3-5 month recovery time depending on what they did, Billington with such a dreadful acquisition.
So...WTF is going on with Kaut? Any update?
No idea, but we're approaching almost one month in injury time, whereas Bowers did return last game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->